Dr Christopher Lawrence

Consultant nephrologist with an interest in transplantation. Complex medical problems addressed in a patient-centred manner. Working in the NHS and privately.

17th August 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

Dr Chris Lawrence is a highly professional and knowledgeable Renal Consultant, he is confident in answering questions, actively listens and what I like the most is that he is able to "think outside of the box", he encourages independence in managing my condition as well as I can and is creative when considering ways of improving outcomes. He was extremely supportive when I went into end stage renal failure and had to consider my options and with his support I went onto the transplant waiting list and have been very fortunate in receiving a very good transplant. As others have mentioned he gave me his email address which I have tried not to take advantage of but this has been very beneficial to providing prompt treatment. I have been involved in hospitals both with family's renal health and my own renal health for the past 48 years and have to say that Dr Lawrence's involvement in my renal care has been a very positive experience. Thank you!

15th August 2018
Written by a patient at St Albans City Hospital

Dr Lawrence is highly professional, knowledgeable and caring, everything a Dr should be. I have total confidence in him and always feel respected and important. He has helped me to understand my condition and medication that goes along with it. I am only in my twenties so being given a devasting prognosis was shocking and upsetting but he was very kind, patient and informative and after I had calmed down I felt a lot better especially knowing he was in charge of my care. I like that there is continuity of care also with Dr Lawrence always requesting that he see's me when attending clinic. He has given me an email address to contact him which is a lovely personal touch that I appreciate immensely, going above and beyond I'd say. All in all Dr Lawrence is a superb Consultant and we are lucky to have him on the NHS.

14th August 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

i have been a patient of chris lawrence for over 20 years, he is always good humoured,patient and explains whatever question is asked with expert knowledge. He kept my spirit and hope as high as his own which enabled me to carry on with my life and enjoy my family while still preparing me for my transplant.it is nearly a year since my transplant, chris is chuffed to bits with my progress as i have just turned 69 and still going strong. so thank you chris for everything. my aftercare is first class and i would give him 10 stars for all the people he has helped through a difficult and often scary time. I wish there were a lot more doctors with chris's world class attributes. i hope he is around to look after my son who has unfortunately inherited my pkd, as i know he would be in the best hands.

13th August 2018
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

Very helpful and easy to talk to and explained things very well and also drew diagrams, welcomes you with a smile, even if giving good or bad news.made me feel at ease.

13th August 2018
Written by a patient at St Albans City Hospital

Very approachable, and explains his answers in a language I can understand and has an unhurried and relaxed approach Is obviously very knowledgeable Could not ask for more

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists