Dr Jananath Wijeyekoon

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Rheumatology

26th July 2017
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

He is very much to the point, gives plenty of time to listen and explain, and is efficient. He will give relevant advice, even if it may be unattractive to the patient e.g. drink less alcohol. Additionally he has a charming manner.

24th July 2017
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth II Hospital

I was seen by Dr Wijeyekoon in outpatients at Queen Elizabeth 11 Hospital, Welwyn Garden City. He had read my GP's referral letter and my notes and had all my blood test results. He asked very relevant questions which were easy to answer and quickly came to a probable diagnosis. He started me on medication straight away. He referred me to Renal medicine at the Lister Hospital and I had a phone call from them the next day. Two days later I had a kidney biopsy there and Dr Wijeyekoon came in to see how I was. I have since seen him for a follow up out patient appointment and he arranged a bone scan, phoning me with results a few days later. I am under the care of Renal medicine now but have an appointment with him in December. My condition is under control and improving thanks to Dr Wijeyekoon for his quick intervention. I also felt I could ask him questions and he explained clearly and kindly what the diagnosis meant. I am being well cared for.

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

Dr Wijeyekoon is an excellent consultant he really listens carefully to your problems and does his utmost to try to achieve your goals, especially in finding the treatment which suits you the best. I am very pleased with the care he has given me and would thoroughly recommend him.

5th May 2017
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

Listens well and comes up with helpful suggestions using his wealth of knowledge and expertise. I feel I can have an open and honest discussion and I feel well cared for in the management of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Sjogrens. He encourages self-help but offers medical intervention when necessary. Altogether he is the best rheumatologist I have ever seen. Thank you

8th March 2017
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

Very gentle and calm manner. Makes you feel relaxed so you talk more easily. His lovely Scottish receptionist is great also.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists