Dr Jananath Wijeyekoon

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Rheumatology

20th September 2017
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

Dr Wijeyekoon is a fantastic doctor , very caring.my wife was admitted to the lister hospital over two years ago . She was very ill,Dr wijeyekoon soon had a diagnoses it was a very rare vasculits,with prompt treatment my wife is making a very good recovery .She still has regular blood tests, thanks to all the wonderful treatment from Dr Wijeyekoon and his team. From Mo

5th September 2017
Written by a patient at Hertford County Hospital

a wonderful Doctor 4 years plus of pain and he found out what was wrong with me and has got me the right treatment so my quality of life is so much improved. The Doctor is very thorough and understanding can not imagine how I would have carried on with the pain if it was not for him

26th July 2017
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

He is very much to the point, gives plenty of time to listen and explain, and is efficient. He will give relevant advice, even if it may be unattractive to the patient e.g. drink less alcohol. Additionally he has a charming manner.

24th July 2017
Written by a patient at Queen Elizabeth II Hospital

I was seen by Dr Wijeyekoon in outpatients at Queen Elizabeth 11 Hospital, Welwyn Garden City. He had read my GP's referral letter and my notes and had all my blood test results. He asked very relevant questions which were easy to answer and quickly came to a probable diagnosis. He started me on medication straight away. He referred me to Renal medicine at the Lister Hospital and I had a phone call from them the next day. Two days later I had a kidney biopsy there and Dr Wijeyekoon came in to see how I was. I have since seen him for a follow up out patient appointment and he arranged a bone scan, phoning me with results a few days later. I am under the care of Renal medicine now but have an appointment with him in December. My condition is under control and improving thanks to Dr Wijeyekoon for his quick intervention. I also felt I could ask him questions and he explained clearly and kindly what the diagnosis meant. I am being well cared for.

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

Dr Wijeyekoon is an excellent consultant he really listens carefully to your problems and does his utmost to try to achieve your goals, especially in finding the treatment which suits you the best. I am very pleased with the care he has given me and would thoroughly recommend him.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists