Pinehill Hospital

Benslow Lane, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England, SG4 9QZ

23rd March 2022

I received excellent care

23rd March 2022

just one small problem ,i know we dont go to hospital for top food but would be nice to have an evening meal that was edible ,such a waste of money ,

1st January 2022

The only issue I had was after my operation I was in extreme pain. Naturally I expected this but I did not feel in the 1st 24 hours after surgery that my pain was controlled. My 1st night was simply dreadful and to be honest it has definitely put me off any further surgery. On the plus side I had an accident where I fell over in the bathroom and the staff were there beside me in an instant. They reassured me and I felt they were in complete control of the situation for which I was extremely grateful.

Written by
24th December 2021

My scores above do not reflect the direct care that I received, that was excellent. I was unhappy with the standard of communication from the hospital. Approximately, two weeks before my admission I had a telephone call checking if I was still intending to be admitted on the 2nd November which I was. I was informed that I would need to attend for a COVID-19 test on Saturday, 30th Oct, which was fine and that was all. I next had a call on either on the 20th or 21st Oct , asking me if I was in my car in the carpark waiting to be called in for my pre-operative assessment. I was at home, and that was the first I knew about it. After some wait on the telephone I was asked to attend on Monday, 25th Oct which I duly attended and was given an appointment for the second blood test on Thursday, 28th October at 13.15. On Thursday, 28th October I received a text reminding me of by blood test that morning. I immediately contacted the hospital to query the message as I had been given an afternoon appointment. For the second time I was told I was not on the system and the text could not be explained. I did attend at 13.15 and had the test. The COVID test went ahead as planned on the following Saturday. When I was discharged from the ward, I was given three dates for follow-ups, one with physiotherapy which progressed without any issues, the second for a nurse wound check and the third for meeting with Mr Tai in December. When I arrived for the wound check at what I thought was the Outpatients' Department, because that was what the notice indicated, it was the wrong building. I was directed to another building and on arrival there was some surprise, and I was told I was not booked in for the check. For the third time I was told that my name could not be found on the system! Eventually, it was located but there was no record of me being booked for a wound check on that date and time. Nevertheless, the check was undertaken in the end. Fortunately, there was no serious damage or inconvenience, but I have to say that I had little confidence in the administrative system. I was told there was a new system but surely that should have been tested throughly before implementation. On the 16th November, I sent an email to a Ms Bishop who I was informed was the matron. My primary reason for doing so was to point out the excellent nursing and other care I received during my stay. I did raise the administrative matters not as complaints but to provide feedback which I thought would be helpful. I had no response or any acknowledgement to my email. That matter in particular is most unsatisfactory and the lack of response from the senior member of staff is both rude and disrespectful. I am sorry that I have to raise this matter as the direct care I received was excellent.

13th November 2021

Very efficient and well organised

9th November 2021

Pinehill is a pleasant, comfortable, clean and friendly hospital and I would recommend using this location to family and friends. The only negative is the car park as there are insufficient spaces available and finding somewhere to park is very difficult, especially when your mobility is limited.

7th October 2021

Excellent care

16th August 2021

Excellent staff, who were all polite and caring at all times.

21st July 2021

could not ask for better treatment ,i am 100 percent happy with it

25th June 2021

All staff were very good at taking care of me and were always available if i needed assistance, a very good Hospital.

Safe

{{category}} working at Pinehill Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Pinehill Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4py