Dr Christopher Lawrence

Consultant nephrologist with an interest in transplantation. Complex medical problems addressed in a patient-centred manner. Working in the NHS and privately.

11th August 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

This doctor really cares about the level of care that he can give, but is often disappointed with the time scale in getting test results back so he can prescribe the right treatment.Blood tests on the same day as the clinic is a nightmare as it often takes up to 2 hours,this add a considerable cost in parking fees to the patient.

11th August 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

A first class doctor and physician in all respects because of his attention to detail, care and knowledge of my condition.

2nd August 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

I find Dr Lawrence to always be in a good mood, he is never dismissive or abrupt, as I have experienced other doctors to be on occasion. He always greets me with a welcoming smile and gives a certain amount of "normal" banter... which is a nice break from hospital talk. He explains everything well and is always willing to answer questions patiently, with no amount of irritation, nor does he ever make me feel like we need to rush. My favourite quality is his willingness to listen to me. When I feel something is wrong or have an opinion on my health care, he doesn't jump the gun... he listens to my to what I have to say, he offers suggestions and solutions without arrogance.

30th July 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

My wife and I first met Dr. Lawrence at Addenbrookes when he saw us following the kidney transplant. He was very thorough, explained everything in laymans terms so we could understand. We have subsequently been seen by Dr. Lawrence, first for a kidney biopsy and then a follow up clinic where he explained everything to us in great detail which we could understand. He was sympathetic, patient, considerate and extremely helpful. He answered all our questions thoroughly and detailed the treatment he was applying. He took plenty of time to see us and we felt that he was fully at ease with us. We have found him at all times to be professional, courteous, fully engaged with us and a Doctor with a great bedside manner, very interested in our diagnosis.

27th July 2018
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

I am a transplant patient, Dr Lawrence has been part of the medical team caring for me for approximately 6 of the past 12 years. During that time, we have built p a great rapport, and the regular clinics are a pleasure to attend. I have found Dr Lawrence to be competent, efficient and professional as well as approachable and committed to giving his patients the best possible care. I can honestly say, Dr Lawrence is a very caring doctor, who puts the welfare of his patients as his top priority.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists