Dr Christopher Lawrence

Consultant nephrologist with an interest in transplantation. Complex medical problems addressed in a patient-centred manner. Working in the NHS and privately.

Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital
26th October 2019

Dr Lawrence is the best consultant I've encountered. He takes time, patience and attention to understand my medical history and relevance to my symptoms. He walks me through his diagnosis and next steps and happy to take the time to answer any questions I may have and put me at ease. Other consultants I've encountered at Pinehill are less thorough and keen to complete their examination as soon as possible without any discussion. They could learn a great deal from Dr Lawrence. I'm very happy to recommend Dr Lawrence.

Written by a patient at Lister Hospital
5th October 2019

Dr Christopher Lawrence actually arrested my downwards acceleration to my demise when I suddenly developed an end stage renal disease in Nigeria. A long time Australian business associate had introduced Dr Chris to me during my battle to save my life. I contacted Dr Chris, he gave me an appointment and I flew into Britain from Lagos Nigeria to consult with him. At this point the Doctors in Nigeria, the Nephrologists that was managing my condition and the other doctors were helpless with my situation. He stabilised my deteriorating renal condition, arrested the rapid loss of blood count and instituted a transplant work up plan that kept me going until I finally had a successful kidney transplant. He is very competent and professional to the core. He approaches treatment and diagonisis from what I consider a very deep medical scientific perspective carrying the patience along on this medical solution and management journey. Supporting me who leaves in Nigeria during the period of the work up and even after the transplant has shown that if the medical system gets more of Dr Chris' type, patience healthcare management will be a new experience.

Written by a patient at Lister Hospital
19th March 2019

Dr. Chris Lawrence is truly a great consultant. A great loss to the East and Herts NHS trust!

Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital
11th March 2019

Very professional, open and friendly at all times . Explained and talked through everything with patience and kindness. W8uld highly recommend.

Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital
11th March 2019

Chris was incredibly responsive and I had a strong feeling that he genuinely cared for my wellbeing. He went above and beyond in many ways, answering questions and monitoring my status at what were far from convenient times. All in all a very positive experience, couldn't ask for any more from him.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists