Dr Christopher Lawrence

Consultant nephrologist with an interest in transplantation. Complex medical problems addressed in a patient-centred manner. Working in the NHS and privately.

18th April 2017
Written by a carer at Lister Hospital

We feel privileged that my husband was treated by Dr Lawrence for his renal problem. My husband's care, when overseen by Christopher Lawrence, was exemplary and prompt. Always, kind, humorous, informative and professional - a rare combination that gave such essential confidence. At a particularly bad time, Dr Lawrence gave almost daily support. We cannot praise him enough.

5th April 2017
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

Very professional, highly skilled and has the evidence based knowledge in his field of work. Provides safe and effective service to the public.

24th March 2017
Written by a patient at St Albans City Hospital

I have been lucky enough to have Dr Chris Lawrence as consultant for my Renal condition for some time, now seeing him every six weeks.He is everything a consultant should be..professional. knowledgeable, friendly, reassuring and good at making his patients relax. If you want great care, Dr Chris Lawrence is your man!

21st March 2017
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

i see Dr. Lawrence regularly being a post transplant kidney patient he sorted out my medication problem out after a biopsy performed by Dr. Lawrence which helped my kidney function immensely. He helps me relax at my appointments and i can easily discuss any problem with him and he is always friendly and ready to listen and always has a solution. His expertise shines through. Many Thanks

27th October 2016
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

I have seen Dr. Lawrence on regular occasions as a post renal transplant patient. He is extremely helpful, full of constructive and sensible suggestions about the ongoing care for my transplanted kidney. I always leave appointments with a clear understanding of how said organ is performing, and he always inspires me to carry on with the positive attitude I work hard to maintain. He is extremely thorough and obviously very experienced. He is polite and friendly, and is what I can only describe as a very civilised and compassionate person. In particular he has the ability to demystify the complex chemistry involved in my extensive blood test results, and I consider myself very fortunate to be cared for by such a competent and pleasant consultant. He is clearly expert in his field, and his care for this patient leaves nothing to be desired. He is a true gentlemen to boot.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists