Luton and Dunstable Hospital

Lewsey Road, Luton, England, LU4 0DZ

10th December 2019

I would very highly recommend The Luton & Dunstable Hospital. I was easily assessable from Hemel Hempstead. Everyone involved in my treatment for Breast Cancer from the reception and all staff at the Breast Screening Centre to the Medical Photographer, the amazing Surgeon and Anaesthetist Team, the Surgical Team and Recovery Team and everyone at the Cobham Centre that made sure I was thoroughly looked after until my discharge. I can't thank you all enough from the bottom of my hear!!

28th November 2019

Great hospital. Treated with care and courtesy at all times.

5th November 2019

Review regarding DR MOJI AKINSOLA who is an Endocrinologist -I can honestly say that I have never met such an uncaring, condescending and unwilling to listen doctor in my entire life. If at all possible I would highly recommend that you see another doctor. Throughout my approx. five minute visit which she cut short as I pointed out to her that she was not following NHS guidelines regarding my treatment she did not listen to a word that was said or read any of my private blood test results or look at any of my history notes. On a positive note there was one nurse at the hospital who lovely and very helpful and a credit to the NHS her name was Tara Presland. I would recommend that DR MOJI AKINSOLA is put on an urgent customer service and listening training course as it would appear that the power and her own self importance has gone straight to her head,and she comes across as not wanting to deal with NHS patients at all as they are beneath her.

8th October 2019

I received a levelmof care you might expect in a small private clinic. Everyone is really personable and the process so efficient!

1st September 2019

From the moment I was admitted for surgery, the ward 22 nurses & all ward staff were wonderful,caring,knowledgeable and understanding. The Theatre staff were exceptional I felt safe and in good hands. The after care on Ward 22 was amazing , the nurses always busy but always had time for me & my needs , I can’t thank them enough for their hard work and how they looked after me , Excellent Service

1st September 2019

All the staff on the children's ward where amazing. They all took the time to ensure my child got better, the receptionists, the meal attendants, all the Doctors and Nurses, the Playroom team, the Ultra Sound team, the Anesthetists and the Surgeons.

27th July 2019

I received amazing care here throughout my high risk pregnancy. I had previous miscarriages & went through IVF to fall pregnant again. I suffered with severe anxiety as I was terrified of losing another baby. I met my midwife, Debbie Feenhan at 16 weeks pregnant & she was fantastic! Very easy to be open & honest with about how I felt. I was under Miss Waller's care & felt happy every time I had seen her after my growth scans. Again, she was approachable & I felt comfortable asking her questions. I have a blood vessel disorder which my consultant at a London Hospital wrote to Miss Waller about & she checked the recommendations made in the letter & ensured the appropriate tests etc were carried out during the pregnancy. It was decided I should deliver by a planned c-section & Miss Waller explained the complications which could arise due to my previous abdominal surgeries. Knowing this in advance helped as I was well informed on the day of my surgery. Harriet Nicholls was my anaesthetist & listened to my worries & fears on the day of my c-section. Again I felt it was ok to make the decisions I wanted to without being judged, she was very supportive. Once my son was safely delivered & recovery was the only time I felt I wasn't listened to. My son was crying & when I was asked if he might be hungry I was bluntly told no. If he had been breastfed then he would have already been put to the breast. My birthing partner went & got a bottle which my son fed from instantly. I think that particular midwife should respect that not all women want to breastfeed! I was otherwise over the moon with my care throughout my pregnancy & after the birth.

20th April 2019

I was in first 4/4/19 at the breast clinic and day care theatre everything went smoothly and the aftercare in ward after theatre by Jason Paul and team was brilliant. I had to return for Lymph node biopsy 17/4/19 this time I had afternoon surgery and it was about 5.30 before op. The nurses and staff in waiting area were excellent. Also I don’t know any names but in recovery area I was given again wonderful treatment also on the ground floor ward prior to going home. I am pleased to write this review as my husband had cancer and was in ward 10 October/November 2017 and his treatment or lack of it was disgusting I made many reports to PALS. Joan Brown

18th April 2019

Excellent care and excellent staff..very caring and helpful

18th December 2018

Good hospital, although parking could be difficult at busy times, like every hospital

{{category}} working at Luton and Dunstable Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Luton and Dunstable Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4hy