Dr Christopher Adcock

I am a consultant physician specialising in acute internal medicine.

• Internal (General) Medicine
  • Acute Medicine

Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
14th October 2019

I attended the Acute Medicine Clinic on the 11th October 2019 and and was seen by Dr Adcock. Dr Adcock greeted me and my wife,introduced himself and made sure we understood the purpose of the visit. He discussed in detail the medical issues related to my visit and then carried out an examination. Dr Adcock arranged a further clinical investigation and explained what would happen going forward. This may sound like a routine hospital appointment. However,to both myself and my wife it was a "stand-out visit." The reason for this is that Dr Adcock took time to listen to my questions. and answer them in a comprehensive fashion. At no time did we feel rushed. He seemed quite happy to take as much time as was necessary to deal fully with our queries. He was professional, knowledgeable, and showed understanding. He also had a good "bed-side" manner, which is not always the case with clinicians in the NHS.

Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital
28th February 2019

Upon a recent admission to A&E I found myself under the care of Dr Adcock. I found him to be an extremely thoughtful, professional with an ability to take time to answer questions and explain rational for treatment. I find this is very important as it helps with patient compliance. I found it so satisfying to be listened to , having my questions considered and answered. This experience demonstrates how a Consultant l with a caring , considerate approach can make such a difference. I had to wait for my appointment however once in I could understand as he takes time to insure questions are considered. I am sure this attitude saves time as it was thorough, therefore further appointments for reassurance or further questions would not be necessary. As a patient you leave feeling valued and fully considered as a person.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists