Spire Bushey Hospital

Heathbourne Road, Bushey, Hertfordshire, England, WD23 1RD

22nd November 2017

The Spire stands out so well, but mostly because the other hospitals are so bad! Some things do need to be improved. Most of the staff are busy but do try to be friendly and helpful. It is kept very clean and has an extremely low infection rate as a result. The surgeons and theatre team are excellent. The nurses vary widely and presumably reflect the shortage of staff and so all but one I met were from overseas. Few are keen on emptying the bed bottles as that is their job as there are no lower graded staff for this. When it is full you risk spilling it into the bed and having to sleep all night like that! The nurses give you drugs, check your BP and help you dress. Most you only see on one shift during your stay. But unless you can do it yourself you don't get washed. I was lucky the first day as a friend was able to help me wash a little and clean my teeth. That aspect does need to be improved. I am not a fanatic but do like to wash and clean teeth in the morning and at night. Many operations have a side effect of constipation. So why not have prunes on the menu? So simple and natural! They taste nice too.

20th October 2017

Excellent care. Very kind and helpful staff. Calm atmosphere

17th October 2017

I was seen by dr Simon m lambert who completely listened to my story about my shoulder and was so understanding and had all the right questions and solutions I felt very relaxed and comfortable and he explained the shoulder operation and procedures to me very well .when I left I felt very confident and assured that I was in good hand a real gentleman.

23rd June 2017

My daughter was a patient at Watford General Hospital ( not Spire Bushey Hospital)

22nd June 2017

Staff were all friendly, the hospital is easy to access with plenty of parking on site. Good facilities and no waiting around for appointments. Who would prefer to go to an NHS clinic??