mr-narendra-kumar-rath

Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Written by a private patient at Countess of Chester Hospital
29th March 2022

I was treated for chronic sciatica by Mr Rath. He very expertly diagnosed a cyst on a joint in my back from MRI scans which were missed by other doctor. Following a diagnostic nerve block procedure, Mr Rath operated to remove the cyst 2 weeks ago. I had full faith in his care and skills and awoke from the operation to discover that all the sciatic pain had vanished. I will have the stitches removed tomorrow and have physiotherapy arranged to help bring back full strength in my back. I feel I am making good progress in my recovery and am immensely grateful to have been placed in the care of a consultant with such great expertise and lovely manner. I could have done with an earlier appreciation of the degree of recovery required, but maybe this was a miscommunication between the hospital and consultant, not helped by me having to cancel the first planned operation date due to Covid.

30th March 2022
Response from Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

I glad to know that you are recovering well. Please do take the precautions as explained and be guided by physiotherapist. Thank you for your kind words and wish you speedy recovery!!! Kind Regards NKR

Written by a NHS patient at Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery
29th March 2022

Mr Rath completed an endoscopic lumbar microdisectomy on me in November due to prolonged back pain and leg numbness. The procedure was very efficient and very effective. I was on my feet and mobile within hours of surgery and recovered quickly. With it being a keyhole procedure the scar is absolutely minimal and this healed very well also. My experience with Mr Rath pre and post surgery has been exceptional. Everything was explained to me prior to the procedure in which Mr Rath was able to get me in for the procedure in a short amount of time too. The aftercare has also been exceptional, the procedure was completed on Friday and Mr Rath called me personally on the Saturday to see how I was, and I have received regular reviews from Mr Raths team and Mr Rath himself to monitor my overall recovery. A very good experience all round.

30th March 2022
Response from Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

It is pleasure to see patients recovering so quickly and I strongly believe in early rehabilitation. Thank you for your feedback following endoscopic (Keyhole) spinal surgery. All the best for future. Kind Regards NKR

Written by a private patient at The Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital
19th March 2022

Mr Rath has always been highly attentive, given great explanations to what he was planning to do and after surgery an explanation of what he did I highly recommend Mr Rath. He’s thoughtful, incredibly hard working and obviously an expert in his field Thank you for my swift care and expert surgery

30th March 2022
Response from Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

Thank you overmuch for the kind words and recommendation. I am glad to know you are doing well. Wish you all the best for future. Kind Regards NKR

Written by a NHS patient at Walton Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery
20th February 2022

My L5/S1 Discectomy and nerve decompression was done by Mr Narendra Rath and I was fortunate enough to have keyhole surgery. I cannot fault the whole experience from being admitted to the ward, to coming home. From Mr Rath himself, his secretary, to the nurses on the ward afterwards, the care they provided me was outstanding. They also had a great sense of humour and the food was decent as well, which always helps! I've had issues with nerve pain and limited range of motion and movement since my teenage years. Its stopped me doing various things; from sports, joining the army, affecting my current work life and general day to day tasks. Although my surgery was done around 12 weeks ago, I would still say there is a way to go with regards to my recovery. It's fair to say Mr Rath and his team have given me my normal 28 year old life back. Albeit with a few lifestyle changes, plenty of stretching and listening to my body when it needs a rest (one thing I've never been good at). I can do things I haven't done in years. Touching my toes standing up with straight legs, sat down with my back against a wall and I can finally straighten both of my legs together. I can now return to work and start doing the things I enjoy. The aftercare I received was second to none. Mr Rath rang my partner after the surgery to tell her how well my surgery went. He came up to the ward to see me when I was awake and even rang me the day after my surgery. Which was a Saturday may I add, to see how I was doing. I hope everybody in the hospital gets the credit they deserve. I can't thank you all enough. Dan.

9th March 2022
Response from Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

I am glad you are doing well. Thank you for the kind words and recommendation. Kind Regards NKR

Written by a private patient at The Grosvenor Nuffield Hospital
15th February 2022

I felt I was in safe hands with Mr Rath from our very first appointment. He was absolutely clear from the outset about my back problem and helped me understand exactly what the issues were and how he would deal with them. My surgery went really well and his post operative care was also excellent. I would highly recommend him to other patients.

15th February 2022
Response from Mr Narendra Kumar Rath

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. I am glad to know that you are doing well. I wish you all the best for future. Kind Regards NKR

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr Narendra Kumar Rath was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

I am an orthopaedic deformity spinal surgeon at “The Walton Centre” Liverpool and have developed NHS satellite service at Countess of Chester and North Wales to provide care closer to patients home. My initial spinal training at University Hospital of Wales was followed by, higher training at the prestigious Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic hospital Oswestry. I was awarded masters in Trauma Surgery and have been academically very active with multiple international presentations and publications. I am a member and regularly participate with British Association of Spinal Surgeon, British Scoliosis Society, Spine Society of Europe, and British Orthopaedic Association. I am interested in all aspects of spinal surgery and my clinical practice involves spinal disorders including cervical neck pain, myelopathy, radicular pain, sciatica, stenosis, spondylolisthesis and deformity correction. I specialise in Keyhole and minimally invasive spinal surgery. I am very approachable and social person. I like to travel and enjoy hiking with family.

NAN miles