prof-ibrahim-malek

Prof. Ibrahim Malek

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

17th April 2021

My mother had been in great pain for months with her hip with no signs of her getting a appointment with the nhs we decided to get in touch with sdpire ,within 24 hours they had been back in touch with a appontment to see professor ibrahim Malek. Mr Malek was so kind and gentle with my 78 year old mother and so professional ,mum was given a date to come in for the op she only waited six weeks . The pre op was by a lovely nurse who made sure my mum was comfortable with everything that was going on. The procedure was at wrexham spire she was in for two days the stay was brilliant food amazing and staff on hand 24hours. From start to finish we have to say my mum was well looked after .I would like to thank the staff in abergele and wreham for such a pleasurable experiance ,but most of all to Mr Malek for giving my mum a new lease of life ....thankyou so much.

9th March 2021

I had a complete right knee replacement, performed by Mr I Malek on the 22nd January 2021, after the operation Mr Malek phoned my Husband to let him know everything went according to plan and I was alright, which I thought was very thoughtful. Mr Malek is very approachable, easy to talk to and explains things in a way anyone can understand. I was discharged by Mr Malek last week, he being very pleased with the way things were going and I being able to walk further than I had in a long time. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Malek and his team to anyone requiring orthopaedic surgery in the future.

7th March 2021

I had a total left hip replacement under the supervision of Mr I Malek on the 8 January. Mr Malek is a personable, courteous, excellent Orthopaedic Surgeon and a thoughtful considerate gentleman. I was in chronic pain and he gave me my life back with an excellent modern procedure and an incredible recovery. I am now 8 weeks post op and increasing my walking on a daily basis. After my surgery was complete Mr Malek came through to recovery with me and phoned my Husband to update him which I thought was very thoughtful. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Malek and the team at the Spires Wrexham Hospital as thier attention and hygiene was second to none.

3rd March 2021

Mr Malek put me at ease straight away from my first consultation right through to my operation and post op. He has an excellent disposition and a very good way of explaining things. I would recommend him to anyone requiring an orthopaedic operation in the future.

2nd March 2021

A great down to earth manner. Listened to me and explained fully what was happening. A really neat small scar and walking 4 miles a day with just a stick within less than 6 weeks off the operation. Great guy. Am happy to recommend.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Prof. Ibrahim Malek was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Prof. Ib Malek joined BCUHB at Wrexham Maelor Hospital in January 2018 as Consultant Trauma and orthopaedic surgeon specialising in Lower Limb arthroplasty (Hip and Knee Replacement). He completed his specialist orthopaedic training from Wales training programme. He successfully completed 18 months fellowship at Adelaide, South Australia from Central Adelaide Health Network and prestigious Calvary Wakefield Hospital. His main interests are improving outcome following primary hip and knee arthroplasty, Enhanced Recovery After Surgery, Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery (CAOS) and revision hip and knee Arthroplasty procedures.

Doctors working at Felinheli Terrace Surgery