prof-ibrahim-malek

Prof. Ibrahim Malek

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a private patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital
2nd September 2022

From the moment my wife sent a late night email to the hospital and got a reply the next day inviting me to make my appointment I finally felt that someone was listening to me . I first met Prof Malek during Covid lockdown , such care was taken during my first appointment , all safety procedures were in place , I had X rays and immediate feedback on those images , it was at that point that I knew I would need a new knee, a full knee replacement. Within 18 months my knee had deteriorated and I went back for another meeting, that was it I was having the replacement done and the relief to know this was amazing . Within 4 weeks I had my date through , the pre operative care was excellent and as I am self employed everything dovetailed around my working day , appointments which meant I didn't have to take time off from my work , appointments were always on time and the Pre operative tests were carried out professionally and clinics were spotless. I arrived for my operation at 12.30 pm and was greeted by happy , pleasant reception staff and taken through to my room . The room was clean and tidy, with en-suite bathroom . Prof Malek and his team visited me and talked me through the operation , and that was it by 4.30 I was back in my room with my replacement knee fitted. I had a really neat incision , and the aftercare I received was excellent .My wife received a personal phone call from Prof Malek to tell her the operation was complete and that all had gone well. By 7.30pm I was standing up on my new knee with the Physiotherapist , I could not believe it , amazing .Prof Malek visited me regularly during my 2 day stay as did the anaesthetist . My physiotherapy continued and I came home 2 days later and managed to walk up the stairs with ease and confidence at home . The most important thing I was told during my stay was take the painkillers and do those exercises' which I did . I cannot recommend Prof Malek and his team highly enough . I am so pleased I made the choice to have the surgery and that this team enabled me to be able to get back to walking in the Lake District after 6 weeks , I cannot thank Prof Malek enough for carrying out the operation such excellent care from start to finish , great job !!

Written by a private patient at Spire Yale Hospital
11th August 2022

I had a most excellent total hip replacement by Professor Malek 5 weeks ago. I was home after two nights' stay in Spire Yale and was walking round my house and garden and climbing stairs, without any sticks a day later! The minimally invasive surgery has been pain free and with a very neat 8cm incision. A brilliant, wonderfully done hip operation ! I was back to most normal activities within two weeks. I would wholeheartedly recommend Mr Malek for your surgery. In addition to his great skill and experience, he is reassuring, very attentive and communicative, and with a genial and merry disposition which can put you at your ease immediately. I am 100% pleased with my choice of orthopaedic surgeon and hospital.

Written by a private patient at Spire Yale Hospital
7th August 2022

I had a full right hip replacement operation, under Prof, I. Malek at Spire Yale on 16/7/22. From start to finish, all staff were superb, so to all the team at spire, anesthetist,nurses, physio, radiographer, chef, and mr malek, a big thank you. From admission at 7.30am on the 16/7/22 to discharge at 5,30pm on 17/7/22, all staff were outstanding.I have now had both hips replaced by Prof. Malek at spire, and consider myself to be very lucky to be operated on by such a skilled and outstanding surgeon. mr malek is easy to talk to and has a good sense of humour too.Again thank you for all concerned with my operation, you have given me my life back. Ive waited so long in pain for both ops to be done on the nhs, so consider it money well spent. I am now on the road to full recovery. Ron Rowe

Written by a NHS patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital
21st July 2022

I had my left total knee replacement performed by Mr Malek in May 2022. He was wonderfully reassuring, efficient and personable throughout. I also had my right total knee replacement done in June 2021 by Mr Malek which was also a resounding success. I cannot thank him enough for the difference these 2 procedures have made to the quality of my life.

Written by a private patient at Wrexham Maelor Hospital
2nd July 2022

I was very worried about having a hip replacement at 92 but Mr Malek and his team looked after me so well and now 6 weeks after the operation I am walking independently and pain free. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Malek to anyone considering this operation as he is a brilliant surgeon, and very kind and caring with a talent to put his patients at ease at a worrying time.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Prof. Ibrahim Malek was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Prof. Ib Malek joined BCUHB at Wrexham Maelor Hospital in January 2018 as Consultant Trauma and orthopaedic surgeon specialising in Lower Limb arthroplasty (Hip and Knee Replacement). He completed his specialist orthopaedic training from Wales training programme. He successfully completed 18 months fellowship at Adelaide, South Australia from Central Adelaide Health Network and prestigious Calvary Wakefield Hospital. His main interests are improving outcome following primary hip and knee arthroplasty, Enhanced Recovery After Surgery, Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery (CAOS) and revision hip and knee Arthroplasty procedures.

Doctors working at Felinheli Terrace Surgery