Mr Jonathan Hughes

Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat / Head and Neck / Thyroid Surgeon Jonathan Hughes graduated from the University of Bristol Medical School in 2000. He received training in Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgery and General Surgery prior to starting Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) training in London. His higher surgical training included placements at recognised centres of excellence, including The Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear, Imperial College, University College, and St Bartholomew's Hospitals. During his ENT training, Jonathan was awarded the Royal College of Surgeons of England Research Fellowship to undertake basic science research into viral gene therapy for the treatment of cancer. This research was conducted at the Barts Cancer Institute, London and culminated in the award of PhD in 2013. Following ENT training and research, he completed two Royal College of Surgeons of England accredited fellowships forming the basis for his super-specialist interests. The Imperial College Head and Neck Fellowship focused on management of benign and malignant tumours of the head and neck. The North Thames Laryngology Fellowship was based at the National Centre for Airway Reconstruction at Charing Cross Hospital and focused on the management of voice, airway and swallowing disorders. In 2014, Jonathan completed a travelling fellowship to two international centres of excellence in the USA. Memorial Sloan-Kettering is the top cancer hospital in the USA and Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is a pioneering centre for the use of robotic technology in head and neck surgery. During this time he learnt the very latest minimally-invasive techniques used by world leaders in the field. Following a Consultant appointment at Oxford University Hospitals, he was appointed as a Consultant ENT / Head and Neck Surgeon at University College London Hospitals and Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trusts in 2015. https://uk.linkedin.com/in/jonathanhughesentsurgeon

15th February 2015
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

The Doctor was great , found out what the problem was and sorted it out with an operation . All my appointments were convenient for me , which was helpful as I run my own business . Could not fault the doctor or the service I received Totally satisfied

14th February 2015
Written by a patient at Northwick Park Hospital

He explained everything in detail and is very caring doctor. I have every confidence in him.

5th February 2015
Written by a patient at The John Radcliffe

Mr Hughes was very friendly, went into great detail when giving me my results. Answered all of my questions and importantly I was seen on time and did not have to wait.

31st January 2015
Written by a patient at The Churchill

Doctor Hughes treats you as a person, he explains everything honestly, and is very kind, supportive and positive surgeon and I would recommend him to everyone.

26th January 2015
Written by a patient at Charing Cross Hospital

I am extremely angry with the reviews on Jonathan Hughes and charring cross hospital I received the uppermost care and am pain free at last after five years from eagle syndrome.i live eighty miles away but I would travel to charring cross in a pin drop for the care and attention they gave me,with all the serious surgery's they do in comparison my surgery was trivial and I was not treated any different to there extremely serious patience the staff are absolutely amazing and I can't thank them enough,thank you Jonathan hughe's and all the amazing staff at charring cross.

Nearest Endocrinologists