Mr Alam Hannan

I was appointed as a Consultant Otorhinolaryngologist - Head & Neck Surgeon in 2009 at the Royal National Throat, Nose & Ear Hospital, and strive to deliver a full general elective and emergency ENT service for adults and children, which is safe, patient-centred and of highest quality. My service is centralised at RNTNEH and University College Hospital, and it extends to spoke sites, namely Royal Free and Edgware Community Hospitals. As my NHS base is firmly established in North Central and North West London, I also seek to excel in offering a first class ENT service to patients in the local private sector.

5th August 2019
Written by a patient at 9 Harley Street

I was very pleased to be able to see Mr Hannan within 24 hours of being referred by my GP with a suspected perforated ear drum. Mr Hannan was most attentive in exploring my symptoms and asked me lots of questions prior to a physical examination. I was very pleased to receive his diagnosis that I did not have a perforated ear drum, but that I had suffered this condition historically and there was evidence of complete healing, however, he was able to diagnose a Temporamandibular Joint (TMJ) condition which appeared to be the root cause of my considerable facial pain, and he has recommended to my GP that she refers me to the Facial Pain Team at Eastman Dental Hospital for further investigation and treatment. Mr Hannan took the time and care to explain to me why I might be in so much pain by reference to very clear illustrations on his PC and why a visit to the Facial Pain Team would be beneficial. I am grateful to Mr Hannan for seeing me at such short notice and for making me feel completely at ease. He was introduced to me by my husband who had required his services 3 years ago and I would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone with ENT issues.

31st July 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

Seeing Dr Hannah was the best ever medical consultation I have had. He spend time listening to me and most of all he explained everything in great detail.

25th July 2019
Written by a patient at 9 Harley Street

Very professional and personable. As a patient it is always appreciated to have someone who can clearly explain the outcome and next steps of the consultation.

24th July 2019
Written by a patient at 9 Harley Street

Very friendly, simple explanations of the issue & swift treatment. Gentle and all explained before the procedure.

15th July 2019
Written by a patient at The Royal Free Hospital

Mr. Alam Hannan was a fantastic support to me in recent years as I struggled with nasal polyps. Since the age of 16, I have suffered a loss of smell, diminished taste, low immunity to colds and prolonged periods of enduring colds and other viruses, poor sleep, snoring and breathing problems. To be honest, I learnt to live with these conditions and it was only recently when I had an infection of the sinuses that I sought out medical intervention. Alam came highly recommended in the ENT field from a family member who is also a doctor and from our very first engagement he has been friendly, responsive, informative and most importantly, highly proficient in all aspects of my medical care. The surgery he recommended after extensive tests, which included a CT scan of my sinuses, has been excellent. He is not just a great surgeon but a fantastic person as well, who takes the time to go above and beyond his role as a doctor. Within just one month, the surgery he performed has alleviated most, if not all, of the negative symptoms I was experiencing. My only regret was not having this intervention sooner!

Nearest Otolaryngologists