Mr Alam Hannan

I was appointed as a Consultant Otorhinolaryngologist - Head & Neck Surgeon in 2009 at the Royal National Throat, Nose & Ear Hospital, and strive to deliver a full general elective and emergency ENT service for adults and children, which is safe, patient-centred and of highest quality. My service is centralised at RNTNEH and University College Hospital, and it extends to spoke sites, namely Royal Free and Edgware Community Hospitals. As my NHS base is firmly established in North Central and North West London, I also seek to excel in offering a first class ENT service to patients in the local private sector.

Latest Reviews

17th July 2016
Written by a carer at The Royal Free Hospital

As expected from a parent I was very anxious about my daughter having surgery but Dr Hannan was amazing at putting my mind at ease and keeping my husband and I fully informed of the procedure and process. My daughter loved him, he's absolutely brilliant with children even when my daughter interrupted him numerous times to talk about sonic the hedgehog! I have recommended him to all my friends who have children with ENT needs. Thank you very much Dr :)

3rd July 2016
Written by a patient at The Royal Free Hospital

I am fifteen months on from Alam helping to repair the damage of 25 years' worth of repeated blows to the nose from playing rugby. I had a deviated septum and highly blocked airways, with skin grafting on to bone in parts- a bit of a mess. First of all, you are probably asking yourself if the operation is worth it- answer, an unequivocal yes in my experience. My ability to breathe through my nose has been transformed and I have regained a sense of smell. And secondly, most importantly, you will be wondering whether Alam is the surgeon for the job- once more, an unequivocal yes in my experience. He's thoughtful, clearly knows what he's doing and is highly skilled. I had minimal side effects from the procedure and while it was a bit uncomfortable for a week or so, that's to be expected and it could have been much worse. I had the procedure performed at the Royal Free and I would recommend there as well.

23rd June 2016

One of the finest thing a physician is capable of ( apart from medical prowess ) is to have a reassuring bedside manner for his or her patient. Unbelievably this quality is so very rare in this medical field that it has caused me much undue stress and as a result i have suffered( unmeasurably so). as my clinical progress has been delayed Dr Hannon is very kind and honest physician-he puts his patients in a situation of great comfort thus allowing treatment to begin seamlessly without undue stress and any issues medical or otherwise. I cannot but recommend this surgeon ( unreservedly ) for any patient who is either perturbed of frightened of any relevant medical issues relating to his field and and to anyone who feels that an arrogant attitude is de rigour for a surgeon vis a viz his layman patient. A great professional.

27th May 2016

Mr Hannan was exemplary both in the care he showed towards me from beginning to end of treatment and in his skill as a surgeon. He did over and above to ensure I was seen and treated quickly and explained in a clear way everything he would be doing and why it was necessary. I also found him a very kind and compassionate doctor who really took into account my life circumstances and in this way alleviated much of the worry I had around surgery. I'm sure I partly recovered very quickly due to his good surgery and was left almost no side effects afterwards. If every doctor could be like Mr Hannan, nobody would mind visiting the doctor and hope many follow his good lead in how to be a wonderful doctor!

17th May 2016
Written by a patient at BMI Hendon Hospital

Mr Hannan took time to listen in detail to my symptoms asking various questions before giving his diagnosis and then taking time to explain in detail the likely causes and actions needed to treat them. My mind was set at ease and the medication and advice has improved my condition.

Nearest Otolaryngologists