Mr Jonathan Hughes

Consultant Ear, Nose and Throat / Head and Neck / Thyroid Surgeon Jonathan Hughes graduated from the University of Bristol Medical School in 2000. He received training in Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgery and General Surgery prior to starting Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) training in London. His higher surgical training included placements at recognised centres of excellence, including The Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear, Imperial College, University College, and St Bartholomew's Hospitals. During his ENT training, Jonathan was awarded the Royal College of Surgeons of England Research Fellowship to undertake basic science research into viral gene therapy for the treatment of cancer. This research was conducted at the Barts Cancer Institute, London and culminated in the award of PhD in 2013. Following ENT training and research, he completed two Royal College of Surgeons of England accredited fellowships forming the basis for his super-specialist interests. The Imperial College Head and Neck Fellowship focused on management of benign and malignant tumours of the head and neck. The North Thames Laryngology Fellowship was based at the National Centre for Airway Reconstruction at Charing Cross Hospital and focused on the management of voice, airway and swallowing disorders. In 2014, Jonathan completed a travelling fellowship to two international centres of excellence in the USA. Memorial Sloan-Kettering is the top cancer hospital in the USA and Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania is a pioneering centre for the use of robotic technology in head and neck surgery. During this time he learnt the very latest minimally-invasive techniques used by world leaders in the field. Following a Consultant appointment at Oxford University Hospitals, he was appointed as a Consultant ENT / Head and Neck Surgeon at University College London Hospitals and Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trusts in 2015. https://uk.linkedin.com/in/jonathanhughesentsurgeon

23rd May 2018
Written by a patient at University College Hospital

Dr. Jonathan operated on me on the 8th of March. From my experience he is an exellent doctor, professional, kind and caring. I have recovered and the operation was very great. I am very lucky to get to know this amazing doctor and his good team. UCH deserves the best and needs more people as it is a very busy and popular institute. I wish you all the best for the future.

21st May 2018
Written by a patient at University College Hospital

I have complex issues due to secondary breast cancer and the protocols of a trial drug I am on. Mr Hughes was always accessible for discussions, with myself and my consultant in the Breast Clinic about how to undertake the procedure I needed. He has enormous empathy and the ability to explain difficult issues in a very clear way. I have felt confident that I have the understood the implications and limitations of what can be done and have felt fully part of the decision making process. My care at all stages has been excellent and I really can't think of anything that could be improved.

19th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bushey Hospital

No one recommended Mr Hughes to me and when needed a ENT surgeon to take a look at my recurring tonsillitis , just searched on the net and my decision to choose Mr Hughes was totally reliant on the reviews I saw about him and glad I chose him , he has been exceptional from day one and was very open and straight forward about the procedure He was very accommodating and allowed me to get my tonsillectomy done within the time window that I needed to be done even with his busy schedule with in a moths time since my first consultation . The surgery itself was made as easy as possible and the aftercare I received from him and the team was second to none. He is a great and caring ENT consultant and would recommend him without any hesitation.

8th May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Cavell Hospital

I chose Mr. Hughes from a list of Doctors due to his Bio online. I was pleased I chose him. He was friendly, helpful, practical, listened and took me seriously.

1st May 2018
Written by a patient at Chase Farm Hospital

i m so happy with the doctor

Nearest Endocrinologists