Spire Thames Valley Hospital

Wexham Street, Wexham, Slough, Buckinghamshire England, SL3 6NH

Written by a private patient
12th October 2021

My partner went in for serious spinal surgery, the procedure went well but was estimated to take around two hours in surgery, I called after 4 for an update and was told she was still in surgery they don’t know why but would call when she returned to the ward. Another hour passed and I called again for an update but was told yet again she is still in surgery and they would let me know when she is out, I explained that she was due to be in surgery for 2 hours and it had been five, I was then told oh actually she is in recovery. This should of been a sign of the care that was about to befall my wife. She was back in the ward in her room in a great deal of pain, she asked for some pain relief and was told she couldn’t have any, she had to literally beg for some pain relief and she told me it was one of the worst pains she had ever been in and she has been through childbirth. She was given some pain relief eventually at 9pm which didn’t help much but it was something, she couldn’t sleep or get comfortable and asked if she could have some pain relief again at 1am to which the nurse Marna replied no and left her room. She was told not to get out of bed unaided but had to result to taking herself to the toilet because the bell was ignored, she asked for a cup of coffee, this was bought to her and she thanked the lady and asked if it was possible to get an extra coffee sachet, again to which the nurse replied I have just got you a bloody coffee!! She was made to wait nearly 6 hours between medication and has had no obs done in nearly 24 hours. The same nurse attached a drip to her hand and she told her that it was hurting (stinging severely) to which the nurse replied you will have to leave it and if it swells and goes red I will call someone to fix it, there is only one man here who can fix it and I don’t want to wake him, my wife insisted that she stop as it was very painful and Marna told her that it would be my wife’s fault if she didn’t get the medication because she was complaining it hurt and it was important antibiotics, of course my wife said it is absolutely not my fault !!! My wife had to question how long she was supposed to wait between medication as she had been told no for pain relief after waiting nearly six hours when this was pointed out in front of another nurse Marna said oops I will get it now. She then proceeded to give my wife all of her medication in one go including oral morph with other pain relief. All in all a terrible night made to feel like a complete hinderance and inconvenience with a rude and uncaring nurse. Would have been looked after better in Wrexham park NHS hospital down the road

Safe
Written by a NHS patient
28th February 2021

I received very careful and thoughtful treatment - all the staff without exception explained who they were and what they were going to do. This was so different from my experience in a hospital c 40 years ago I was amazed! Everyone was polite and patient, and as a result I didn't feel nervous or worried. At all times staff were aware of precautions necessary due to Covid, so I felt safe.

Written by a NHS patient
24th February 2021

All the staff, admin, doctors, surgeon, anaesthetist, nurses, physio, catering, trainee doctor gave me top class personalised treatment. I am eternally grateful for your care. Thanks to you all. God bless you all.

{{category}} working at Spire Thames Valley Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Spire Thames Valley Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3p6