university-college-hospital

University College Hospital

235 Euston Road, London, England, NW1 2BU

24th July 2021

Absolutely fantastic care provided during my stay

26th June 2021

I had radiotherapy and the staff; receptionists, nurses, health care assistance, radiographers and oncologists were amazing. True heroes in my eyes. They get to know you; treat you with kindness and courtesy; are supportive; always ask how you are feeling and generally go out of their way to make you feel supported. It is a frightening experience and the whole way through things were explained. Yes, sometimes there were delays but none of that could be helped and all the staff were always apologetic, it wasn't their fault and things happen. I appreciated their explanations. Any complaints directed towards them, that I witnessed were dealt with calmly and with respect, even when others were rude to them. The only thing I would have liked would have been maybe a TV in the reception with the news on (subtitles rather than volume) as waiting can be a bit nerve wracking. But that is the only thing I can think of. Exemplary service.

24th April 2021

I had such an incredible experience at UCH the staff are so warm and friendly, they do everything they can to help you feel supported and comfortable there is a brilliant atmosphere and mutual respect and rapport between staff and this radiates out to the way they engage with patients. Not only is the building modern and, there systems and ways of working are too. I felt so well held throughout my experience having day surgery for gynaecological issues. I cannot recommend the hospital enough.

15th April 2021

I can't really fault the staff for the care and professionalism they gave me. The only thing I can think of is sometimes the dates gets a bit muddled - the admin staff aren't 100% on top of things.

Safe
Written by a private patient
13th March 2021

One in a million

12th January 2021

A great place to be treated.

8th January 2021

My experience from of all the staff I have encountered so far on my personal journey, during the time of my operation and stay at UCH whether at the entrance way, reception desks, to nurses on duty and during the night (who was great!) and consultants have been very positive. Keep up the great work and thank you for going that extra mile and showing care alongside professionalism. I would highly recommend UCH without hesitation.

8th January 2021

Despite the pandemic I could not have had better or more caring treatment.

21st December 2020

Neill Patani is an excellent surgeon. the radiotherapy department is outstanding The staff were very friendly and I was kept informed of all appointments

19th December 2020

I had both my children at this hospital. I doubt there's a safer place to have a baby in the world - if something goes wrong you have the best surgeons which is why I chose it. However the level of organisation and standards of the other staff is a different story - with my first child they left me screaming in agony for days at home because my contractions - despite being extremely strong - were not close enough together. The cleaning ladies nearly broke the toilet door down while I was giving a sample because I was in so much distress - but computer said no and I was sent home. It turned out that the reason I needed a last minute c section (not dilating) was the same as the reason they wouldn't let me in the hospital - I am not a doctor but that sounds like a dangerous situation to me. The only reason they let me in eventually was because my waters started breaking. If they hadn't I'd probably still be screaming in my house. I was so destroyed by the labour it really didn't occur to me to complain but now I really regret it. For my second I chose to stay with UCLH after they promised that with my history I'd be allowed straight into the labour ward. We arrived at the labour ward, standing in front of an empty birthing room (where I eventually laboured) waters and blood running down my legs and screaming in agony. We were told the place was full and I had to go to the foetal assessment unit downstairs. This was full of people waiting to be seen and was very humiliating for me. The staff there took one look at me and said I had to go back upstairs - someone ran up to me with a wheelchair which they smashed into the back of my legs. I was taken back to the room I had been standing in front of 5 minutes ago. Two midwives checked my dilation which caused some of my waters to break - I heard them say 'haha she's peeing'. I was not. There was a full page in my notes that said in large letters the anaesthetist should do my cannula - these women did not see it and did it anyway, causing a lot of pain and telling me off for not being able to cope with it. Hours later in my last minute episiotomy it somehow slipped and the anaesthetist had to put another one in my other hand. Again, I was so destroyed by this labour that complaining about it was the last thing that occurred to me, although now I wish I had taken every avenue available to me as I do not believe this treatment was acceptable.

{{category}} working at University College Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review University College Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6ct