Dr John Bridgewater

• Oncology

6th October 2013
Written by a patient at University College Hospital

I am unable to assess Dr. Bridgewater's medical competence. I believe in his way he did his best. On three occasions he simply did not turn up, and left me waiting for up to two hours at the clinical research facility until a junior doctor could see me. For my last appointment, I was present on time, only to learn that Dr. Bridgewater had left. I then had to wait two hours to see a junior doctor. I eventually saw Dr. Bridgewater in the afternoon, and received a half-hearted apology. He then amazed me by telling me how much better I was as a result of the chemotherapy. In fact I started the therapy in excellent condition (cycling to the hospital, for instance), and by the time of the appointment was terminally ill, and almost unable to undertake any activity. He also said that he had been treating me for two years, when in fact it was only one year. It was as if he had no idea about what was happening to me. I would not recommend this oncologist to anybody. (this is written by the patient's brother with his input and agreement with the text)

Short link to review Dr John Bridgewater: http://iwgc.net/edy6e