Dr Christopher Lawrence

Consultant nephrologist with an interest in transplantation. Complex medical problems addressed in a patient-centred manner. Working in the NHS and privately.

5th October 2019
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

Dr Christopher Lawrence actually arrested my downwards acceleration to my demise when I suddenly developed an end stage renal disease in Nigeria. A long time Australian business associate had introduced Dr Chris to me during my battle to save my life. I contacted Dr Chris, he gave me an appointment and I flew into Britain from Lagos Nigeria to consult with him. At this point the Doctors in Nigeria, the Nephrologists that was managing my condition and the other doctors were helpless with my situation. He stabilised my deteriorating renal condition, arrested the rapid loss of blood count and instituted a transplant work up plan that kept me going until I finally had a successful kidney transplant. He is very competent and professional to the core. He approaches treatment and diagonisis from what I consider a very deep medical scientific perspective carrying the patience along on this medical solution and management journey. Supporting me who leaves in Nigeria during the period of the work up and even after the transplant has shown that if the medical system gets more of Dr Chris' type, patience healthcare management will be a new experience.

19th March 2019
Written by a patient at Lister Hospital

Dr. Chris Lawrence is truly a great consultant. A great loss to the East and Herts NHS trust!

11th March 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Very professional, open and friendly at all times . Explained and talked through everything with patience and kindness. W8uld highly recommend.

11th March 2019
Written by a patient at Pinehill Hospital

Chris was incredibly responsive and I had a strong feeling that he genuinely cared for my wellbeing. He went above and beyond in many ways, answering questions and monitoring my status at what were far from convenient times. All in all a very positive experience, couldn't ask for any more from him.

1st February 2019
Written by a patient at St Albans City Hospital

Dr Chris Lawrence is an exceptional doctor. Over my 20 year history of kidney disease he has been by far the best specialist I have seen - he is insightful, realistic, supportive and challenging when he needs to be. Without him I may not still be alive and I certainly would not have the quality of life that I currently do.

Nearest Internal (General) medicine specialists