Mr Philip Turton

Mr Turton is a Specialist Breast Oncoplastic and Aesthetic Breast Surgeon with over 14-years experience at Consultant specialist grade, and over 25-years as a Doctor. He restricts his surgical practice specifically to the breast. He operates as a cosmetic, oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgeon carrying out several hundred cosmetic, reconstructive and cancer operations per year. He has a very large private cosmetic breast surgery experience and has carried out well over a thousand such operations including breast augmentation, breast mastopexy, breast reduction, revisional breast augmentation, implant exchange, correction of asymmetry, correction of tuberous breasts, correction of nipple inversion, male breast problems such as gynaecomastia, liposuction of the breast. He also performs breast cancer and reconstructive surgery in the private sector, including risk reducing mastectomy and reconstruction for patients with the BRCA gene or very high risk family history. He has a rapid access breast clinic in the private sector for any breast concerns with full investigational facilities available. Mr Turton works with an excellent team of experienced staff in two of the country's flag ship private hospitals- the Leeds Nuffield and the Spire hospital in Roundhay. His website has additional more detailed information: www.cosmeticbreastsurgeon.co.uk NHS practice at St James's University Hospital (Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon for over 14-years), and Private patients treated at the Leeds Nuffield Hospital and Spire Hospital Leeds 01133882193 (Private Secretary - Nuffield and Spire Hospital) 01132068724 (NHS Secretary - St James's Hospital)

• Cosmetic Medicine

10th July 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

I am writing this with a happy heart and an internal smile that I now know will never leave me and all this is down to MR TURTON and his team . Where do I start. I had been researching mastopexy information for the last few years as I have lost a lot of weight and my breasts had lost a lot of weight and gravity took over and my breasts were not looking good and as a woman is really shook my confidence . My husband always complements me and says I look beautiful but inside I was crying and hated my body. so it was time for me to do something for me and finding Mr TURTON and his team was the start of the real me coming back the minute I saw him I knew he was the right person for me he listened to me and understood how I was feeling about my appearance he took his time to explain the procedure and what was involved before during and after my procedure Gerry the breast care nurse is amazing I was trying to imagine how my breasts would be after my procedure but nothing could prepare me for my amazing results I have AN AMAZING pair of breasts that are all natural and fit my body perfectly I will recommend Mr TURTON to you 100% he has given me my life back my confidence back and my self worth and I can not thank the team enough ALL I ever want in life is to be true to myself and be happy and Mr TURTON has given me my sparkle back and just saying thank you to all the team just doesn't seem enough

9th July 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

I initially had breast implants in my 20's when the busty look was very fashionable. Over time (in my 40's) I noticed my breasts had dropped and the implants were noticeable through my skin. The plastic surgeon I visited advised on replacing with larger implants to fill out the sagging skin. After the operation I knew instantly I had made the wrong decision and have regretted this ever since as my breasts over time started to sag again and then looked much worse. One breast over time dropped much lower than the other therefore my nipples were very uneven, ugly and large. The answer to this was to wear stronger more padded, underwired bras which I hated. I became very self conscious of my body in swimwear and tight fitting clothing. My breasts were completely out of proportion for my body with now very large ageing sagging breasts and a very small slender, athletic build. Now in my 50's I read an article in a fitness magazine about women now having breast reduction surgery and removing implants. The extensive search then began for an experienced breast surgeon which led me to Mr Turton. I decided before the appointment that no matter what I was having the implants removed and a full breast uplift. Mr Turton explained the procedure would be in 2 steps firstly to remove the implants, perform the breast uplift which also involved repositioning the nipples as by now they were very much heading South and very uneven. The 2nd procedure would involve new small implants to fill out the remaining loose skin should they be required. The new implants would be small and more in keeping with my frame but only if required. I couldn't have the operation fast enough and knew anything was better than how I looked. The op was carried out at the Nuffield Hospital which was excellent (Duchy Hospital is a disgrace). After surgery I didn't feel any pain whatsoever even after the anaesthetic was out of my system. I didn't need codeine and managed on paracetemol when required. I felt so well I actually went back to work 3 days later (don't tell Mr Turton). I was sensible of course with no lifting, stretching etc.for my stitches. My nipples had been raised and repositioned evenly, my stitches were internal under both breasts and down the centre of the breast but within 1 week (when I had a peak) I could see they were going to look amazing. I had imagined I would have 2 empty sacks of loose skin but this wasn't the case at all. I had small pert breasts. I found my posture changed, I held my shoulders back, walked tall and felt the most confident I had felt in years. I went back to the gym within 3 weeks doing lower body workouts only and within 6 weeks was back to full boxing and circuit training (don't tell Mr Turton). By my 8 week follow up appointment I knew further surgery or implants were not required as the breast uplift had been so successful. My only regret it that I didn't have this surgery in my 40's rather than having larger implants which were completely out of proportion with my frame. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Turton and his excellent team of Lisa and Jerry. I have given permission for my before and after photos to be used on Mr Turton's website, you will know which are mine its just a shame you can't see the delighted smile on my face.

1st July 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

History: I had breast implants at the age of 40yrs..... and they were great. I had suffered with a chronic illness since the age of 21yrs and had little self esteem as a woman. However.......... all good things come to an end and by the time I reached my early sixties, I had already had the left implant replaced and now the right side had ruptured also. As a consequence my breast had become misshapen and quite ugly!! It was time to do something about it............ I was very nervous when I made the appointment with Mr Turton. However, he was extremely approachable and I knew that I had made the right decision with my choice of surgeon, to remove and replace my implants. Mr Turton explained, in detail, all aspects of the surgery I was considering including, aside from the advantages, the risks involved, down time and outcome. This enabled me to make a very positive, informed decision and I booked my surgery at his earliest convenience. I followed up with a second out patient appointment prior to my treatment, which I would recommend, as other questions had since popped into my mind.These were duly answered and, far from being the nervous patient who had first walked into his clinic, I found myself telling his nurse how very excited I felt and absolutely could hardly wait to 'go under the knife'. Needless to say the outcome has more than exceeded my expectations and I feel like a new woman. The result is so outstanding that I no longer want, or need, replacement implants. So much so that I decided to don my very skimpy exercise gear (at the age of 63!!!) and plunge (literally) into the Total Warrior experience at Bramham Park, Leeds, shortly afterwards........... and I have just entered again for 2019!! Having this surgery has totally changed my life. I would not hesitate in recommending Mr Philip Turton to any other ladies considering breast reconstruction surgery. He is meticulous with his surgical techniques, and his interaction with his patients is fantastic.

26th June 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

I cannot speak highly enough of Mr Turton and his wonderful team. After doing some research and reading fantastic reviews online, I contacted Lisa Harris in February this year to arrange a consultation with Mr Turton for breast implants. I explained that I was getting married in June and would ideally like to have the procedure completed and healed before the wedding. This was a tight timeframe but they were very understanding and after a fantastic consultation my surgery was booked and completed on the 24th March. My stay at Nuffield was very comfortable and the lovely Gerry was fantastic. The aftercare and follow ups were also with Gerry and she was always so friendly and made me feel comfortable. Mr Turton is a fantastic surgeon. I am so happy with my results and the new breasts fitted perfectly in my wedding dress. Mr Turton has given me a lovely natural look and the scars are barely noticeable already. He is so friendly and I always felt comfortable and trusted his advice and skills completely. Thank you again!

21st June 2018
Written by a patient at St James's University Hospital

Mr Turton was absolutely fabulous throughout my battle with breast cancer! He explained in detail how the procedures were going to be, each operation and what to expect, all through my reconstruction when I had doubts he reassured me on the out come and was 100% correct on how the operations would turn out, I did what he advised throughout and the results are fabulous!!! I never thought I would get through it all, but Mr Turton was Amazing!! I owe my life to him and feel very small when all I can say in return is THANKYOU!! I totally recommend him to anyone going through breast cancer, he is the BEST!!

Short link to review Mr Philip Turton: http://iwgc.net/eek4e