mr-abeezar-sarela

12th July 2021

Provided excellent patient care and was extremely informative, he made sure that I was comfortable at all times and provided reassurance throughout. I would highly recommend Mr Sarela to anyone thinking about having bariatric (weight loss) surgery.

Written by a private patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
25th June 2021

Mr Sarela is a very caring and gentle doctor, He listened to my concerns on my first consultation and gave my the best advice . I went ahead with the gastric sleeve two weeks later knowing I would be in safe hands. The aftercare of my operation was out standing , the nurses all knew how Mr Sarela worked with his aftercare after surgery and Mr Sarela was there every step of the way . I am 7 weeks post surgery and my scars are so tiny and neat , Mr Sarela truly is a talented surgeon. I am very happy that i choose Mr Sarela and would highly recommend that if anyone is thinking of having a gastric sleeve then to go see Mr Sarela .

8th June 2021

From my first consultation, to my surgery, to every follow up… Mr Sarela has been amazing! He has truly changed my life and I cannot thank him enough. He’s always polite and professional. Everything is explained in great detail and his website is a massive help. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

2nd June 2021

Mr.Sarela is a wonderful surgeon. He is polite and professional and a true gentleman. I felt as though I was being listened to throughout my journey and he was always caring and kind.

Written by a private patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
12th May 2021

From the moment I had my first consultation Mr Sarela put me at ease, explaining the options I had in full detail and answering any questions I had. At every point of contact throughout my journey Mr Sarela was professional and kind. I made contact with Mr Sarela following a recommendation and I am so happy I did, Mr Sarela has given me back my life and I can't thank him enough, my operation went well and my recovery has been great. I would highly recommend Mr Sarela.

Mr Sarela graduated in Mumbai, and trained in London, Leeds and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York. Mr Sarela is a Consultant Surgeon in Leeds since 2003. He works in the NHS at St James's University Hospital, and he practices privately at Spire Hospital. He is an Honorary Senior Lecturer in the School of Medicine and a PhD Research Scholar in the School of Law, University of Leeds. Mr Sarela is a member of the Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons, the British Obesity & Metabolic Surgeons Society and the British Medical Association and the Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow. AREAS OF SPECIALISATION 1. Weight Loss Mr Sarela has been doing Weight Loss Surgery (also called Bariatric Surgery) since 2004. He performs the Gastric Band, Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and the Gastric Balloon. There is no single correct choice in weight loss surgery. Each procedure has its own pros and cons, and one size does not fit all. Mr Sarela will discuss the benefits and risks of each operation in the light of your individual medical and personal circumstances, so that you can make the best choice. Mr Sarela is a Core Member of the Bariatric Surgery Multi-Disciplinary Team in Leeds NHS Trust. He logs all his operations in UK National Bariatric Surgery Registry. 2. Acid Reflux You have the option of two operations: Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication and the Magnetic Bead Ring. Each has pros and cons, and Mr Sarela will empower you to make the best choice. 3. Gallstones Stones in your gallbladder can cause pain, infection, jaundice and pancreatitis. Mr Sarela will remove your gallbladder and do an x-ray of bile ducts by keyhole surgery: called laparoscopic cholecystectomy and cholangiogram. 4. Hernia Mr Sarela has expertise in keyhole surgery for all types of hernias: inguinal, femoral, umbilical, incisional and hiatal. Mr Sarela repairs inguinal hernias by the totally extra-peritoneal method, which avoids entry into your peritoneal cavity. Mr Sarela has special interest in surgery for large and complex hiatus hernias. 5. Achalasia Mr Sarela uses keyhole surgery to divide the muscles of the lower oesophageal sphincter in order to relieve your difficulty to swallow. This operation is called Laparoscopic Cardiomyotomy. 6. Cancer Mr Sarela trained in cancer surgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre in New York, universally acclaimed as the best cancer hospital in the world. Mr Sarela was the International Surgical Oncology Fellow, an immensely competitive position, during 2001-2002. Mr Sarela has been at the forefront of developing laparoscopic surgery for cancer of the oesophagus and stomach. He is a core member of the Upper Gastrointestinal Cancer Multi-Disciplinary Team in Leeds. Website: www.abeezarsarela.co.uk Secretary (Private): 0113 388 2127 Secretary (NHS): 0113 206 8521

Nearest Oncologists