mr-abeezar-sarela

20th March 2020

I believe Mr Sarela has given me my life back ,My surgery has been 100% successful. He really is a great Doctor who makes you feel at ease from the first meeting. He listens and cares about you He is thorough and talks to you with respect. Mr Sarela is obviously a very busy man but I know if I needed a question answering or needed to see him he would respond promptly.

Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
6th March 2020

This man gave me my life back. He listened, was kind and non judging but always honest. He answered all my questions and made me feel confident in his abilities from the first time that I met him. Always professional and polite. I can't fault his manners or his skills as my doctor. I'm so glad that I chose Mr Sarela to perform my surgery and can't thank him enough

Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
21st February 2020

Very professional. Listened to my concerns and answered my questions in a way I could understand.

13th December 2019

Dr Sarela performed my surgery at the end of October he has treat members of my family for the last 3 years and has provided great care, after care and I wouldn’t hesitate to trust or recommend him

13th December 2019

Mr Sarela very carefully explained my surgery options and details of possible side effects and complications, I felt I could confidently make an informed decision. When my surgery date arrived Mr Sarela compassionately attended to all my medical needs and made sure I was fully comfortable and didn't rush my discharge.

Mr Sarela graduated in Mumbai, and trained in London, Leeds and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre, New York. Mr Sarela is a Consultant Surgeon in Leeds since 2003. He works in the NHS at St James's University Hospital, and he practices privately at Spire Hospital. He is an Honorary Senior Lecturer in the School of Medicine and a PhD Research Scholar in the School of Law, University of Leeds. Mr Sarela is a member of the Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons, the British Obesity & Metabolic Surgeons Society and the British Medical Association and the Indian Association of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons. He is a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Glasgow. AREAS OF SPECIALISATION 1. Weight Loss Mr Sarela has been doing Weight Loss Surgery (also called Bariatric Surgery) since 2004. He performs the Gastric Band, Gastric Bypass, Sleeve Gastrectomy and the Gastric Balloon. There is no single correct choice in weight loss surgery. Each procedure has its own pros and cons, and one size does not fit all. Mr Sarela will discuss the benefits and risks of each operation in the light of your individual medical and personal circumstances, so that you can make the best choice. Mr Sarela is a Core Member of the Bariatric Surgery Multi-Disciplinary Team in Leeds NHS Trust. He logs all his operations in UK National Bariatric Surgery Registry. 2. Acid Reflux You have the option of two operations: Laparoscopic Nissen Fundoplication and the Magnetic Bead Ring. Each has pros and cons, and Mr Sarela will empower you to make the best choice. 3. Gallstones Stones in your gallbladder can cause pain, infection, jaundice and pancreatitis. Mr Sarela will remove your gallbladder and do an x-ray of bile ducts by keyhole surgery: called laparoscopic cholecystectomy and cholangiogram. 4. Hernia Mr Sarela has expertise in keyhole surgery for all types of hernias: inguinal, femoral, umbilical, incisional and hiatal. Mr Sarela repairs inguinal hernias by the totally extra-peritoneal method, which avoids entry into your peritoneal cavity. Mr Sarela has special interest in surgery for large and complex hiatus hernias. 5. Achalasia Mr Sarela uses keyhole surgery to divide the muscles of the lower oesophageal sphincter in order to relieve your difficulty to swallow. This operation is called Laparoscopic Cardiomyotomy. 6. Cancer Mr Sarela trained in cancer surgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Centre in New York, universally acclaimed as the best cancer hospital in the world. Mr Sarela was the International Surgical Oncology Fellow, an immensely competitive position, during 2001-2002. Mr Sarela has been at the forefront of developing laparoscopic surgery for cancer of the oesophagus and stomach. He is a core member of the Upper Gastrointestinal Cancer Multi-Disciplinary Team in Leeds. Website: www.abeezarsarela.co.uk Secretary (Private): 0113 388 2127 Secretary (NHS): 0113 206 8521

Short link to review Mr Abeezar Sarela: http://iwgc.net/efpv4