professor-ajay-mahajan

Professor Ajay Mahajan

Written by a patient at Yorkshire Clinic
2nd December 2020

I had a lipoabdominoplasty with Professor Mahajan . This is my second procedure and I would not choose anyone else. He is very honest, and realistic, if it’s achievable he will tell you, and equally if it’s not he will tell you. I love how honest he is, that way, you won’t be disappointed. Surgery was around 4.5 hours with 1 kilo of skin being removed. I was catheterised on night one which was removed early the next morning. After breakfast I was up on my feet, stooped over, which gives you bad back ache but is vital to keep the scar together. Due to the liposuction I had a drain in each thigh. Professor Mahajan visited me the following morning and unveiled my new look. I was (still am) stunned. He is so talented, I had my 19 year old pre pregnancy, pre weight loss tummy back,, with a gorgeous tummy button, and a champagne gutter! I was in hospital for a few days as my drainage was quite slow, but with hind sight it was probably better as I was much more rested. Recovery is quite tough, but I would do it all again tomorrow, the results are beyond my wildest dream. The scar is hidden under the smallest of bikinis and underwear, I can’t wait for summer to show off my new bikini body. Professor Mahajan is one of the best in the business. One of my greatest life choices. Thank you so much Prof, you have changed my life and given me tinned of confidence.

Written by a patient at Yorkshire Clinic
17th November 2020

My gynecomastia has bothered me for pretty much all my life. Even after losing 30kg in body weight it would still be very prominent and affect my self esteem and confidence as i didn't want to wear t shirts or go to the beach/ swimming pool. I am extremely happy with the results of my surgery and the way my chest looks now. The surgery has helped me mentally by increasing my confidence and self esteem and physically as my chest has a more normal flat appearance. I would easily recommend Professor Mahajan if you are suggesting to have gynecomastia surgery done.

18th August 2020

Brilliant experience from start to finish. Dr Mahajan filled me with confidence from the consultation and left me with no doubts about having the procedure! Dr Mahajan was also flexible with surgery dates making it easier to fit around work. I had the surgery at Elland hospital, all the staff here were lovely! Even straight after surgery I could already tell I would love the results, I had no pain and didn’t require any of the pain relief. The final results are fantastic and everything I had hoped for, I couldn’t be happier and now feel much more confident! Like most people say, I wish I could have had it done 10 years sooner! Thank you again, would recommend to everyone!

14th April 2020

As a 54 year old man, living with significant male breast tissue for 40 years, I finally found the courage to address the problem. I first went to see Prof Mahajan 12 months ago who explained that my male breasts were on the severe end of the scale but, being overweight at the time, he didn’t feel that he could safely operate on me. I came back to see him at The Spire, Elland, having now become a healthy weight, but with no discernible change to my breast tissue. We discussed the proposed surgery, where Prof Mahajan explained what would be a realistic outcome, given the starting point and my age. Having undertaken research on the proposed procedure, my expectations of the outcome were realistic and he was confident that I wasn’t expecting the gym-fit body of a 20 year old. I was confident in Prof Mahajan, having researched his credentials and other experience of carrying out this type of surgery. The surgery took approx 5 hours, involving liposuction, nipple reconstruction and an incision from one side of my chest to the other. Recovery was painful, but I had expected this. I am now 4 weeks post-surgery and continue to wear the compression garment supplied, and will do so until 12 weeks after surgery. I cannot fully express how delighted I am with the results. Not only is my chest a normal shape, the effect that it has had on my confidence is life changing. I am only sorry that I didn’t do it earlier in my life. I can now wear clothes that I would never have dreamt possible. If you are considering surgery for gynaecomastia, I can only say that my experience has been nothing but positive. It is a big operation, and therefore a decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly, however it is one that I would most definitely recommend. Prof Mahajan is very professional and his confidence, his willingness to answer questions, his management of realistic expectations, as well as his obvious surgical skills, make me give him the most high commendation and recommendation.

11th April 2020

I originally had implants in 2007. I have since breastfed three children, which left my breasts really wonky. The left breast was much larger and very droopy, there was at least a 2cm difference in the position of my nipples. The appearance of my breasts massively affected my self confidence and it meant that I couldn't wear some types of clothes/underwear/ swimwear. After stopping breastfeeding and allowing my breast tissue to settle for 6 months, I decided to look for a consultant who could fix my breasts. I looked at reviews of different consultants and decided to book consultations with Mr Mahajan and one other. Mr Mahajan was professional and understanding from the outset. He ensured I had realistic expectations and answered all my questions thoroughly. He felt that I needed a left sided mastopexy/uplift, with or without a change of implants. His communication with me via email following my consultation was prompt and thorough. He alleviated my concerns and reassured me were needed. I decided to book for surgery with him following a second consultation, two weeks after the initial one. Due to the age of the implants in situ, I would opt for new implants at the same time. The day of surgery went really smoothly, Mr Mahajan came and marked me up, answered any questions I had and the next thing I knew I was waking up with new breasts. My pain was managed really well by the nurses and I felt looked after by the team. The morning after surgery Mr Mahajan came to review me. He checked my breasts and the drain and decided all was well for me to be discharged. I had the drain removed and was discharged that evening with lots of aftercare advice and pain relief. My recovery has been fine, I was in some pain for the first week or so, but keeping on top of the pain killers and avoiding three children jumping all over me helped! I was reviewd at day 10 by Mr Mahajan, who was happy with healing at that point. My left breast remained more swollen than the right but this has now settled and my breasts are much more symmetrical. I am over the moon with my results and I feel much more confident about my body. I have been careful not to do too much and I am now 6 weeks post surgery and looking forward to starting to exercise properly again. It will be another few weeks before they are completely settled and I can shop for new underwear, so excited! Thank you so much Mr Mahajan, you've made an unbelievable difference to my life!

Professor Ajay Mahajan was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Professor Mahajan is a very experienced Consultant Plastic Surgeon who takes great pride and derives immense satisfaction from his work that helps change lives for his patients.

Nearest Plastic surgeons