Mr Philip Turton

Mr Turton is a Specialist Breast Oncoplastic and Aesthetic Breast Surgeon with over 14-years experience at Consultant specialist grade, and over 25-years as a Doctor. He restricts his surgical practice specifically to the breast. He operates as a cosmetic, oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgeon carrying out several hundred cosmetic, reconstructive and cancer operations per year. He has a very large private cosmetic breast surgery experience and has carried out well over a thousand such operations including breast augmentation, breast mastopexy, breast reduction, revisional breast augmentation, implant exchange, correction of asymmetry, correction of tuberous breasts, correction of nipple inversion, male breast problems such as gynaecomastia, liposuction of the breast. He also performs breast cancer and reconstructive surgery in the private sector, including risk reducing mastectomy and reconstruction for patients with the BRCA gene or very high risk family history. He has a rapid access breast clinic in the private sector for any breast concerns with full investigational facilities available. Mr Turton works with an excellent team of experienced staff in two of the country's flag ship private hospitals- the Leeds Nuffield and the Spire hospital in Roundhay. His website has additional more detailed information: www.cosmeticbreastsurgeon.co.uk NHS practice at St James's University Hospital (Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon for over 14-years), and Private patients treated at the Leeds Nuffield Hospital and Spire Hospital Leeds 01133882193 (Private Secretary - Nuffield and Spire Hospital) 01132068724 (NHS Secretary - St James's Hospital)

• Cosmetic Medicine

5th January 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

As a 60 something lady requiring a breast reduction, it could have been quite daunting, at the initial consultation to allow a surgeon (or anyone else) look at my quite pendulous breasts. In the event, Mr Turton’s professional, sensitive and kind approach put me at ease so that we were able to discuss what I would like, and what was possible. One of the reasons for having the reduction was that I hoped my painful neck problem would ease if I wasn’t carrying large breasts. One of the things that made me confident in Mr Turton (apart from a recommendation) was that he was assiduous about explaining the procedure, timings, and what I could expect. I don’t like surprises, so for me, this was great! On ‘operation day’ I was so nervous my knees were knocking, but I could not have wished for better care from Mr Turton, the anaesthetist and the team at Nuffield who came to see me before the operation and several times afterwards before I was discharged. The after care has been total and superb; I had a contact number for Gerry, the breast care nurse should I have any niggles or concerns. I had a couple of stitches poking through during the healing process and felt entirely welcome to revisit in between my appointments if it was needed. 6 months on, my breasts are much reduced, don’t sag, look great and feel wonderful. For the first time in years I can wear softer bras, rather than the upholstery that contained my breasts previously. I can wear shirts with no gaping. My neck has not hurt from the day of my op. Only one regret; that I didn’t have it done sooner when I was younger. Mr Turton was recommended to me by a personal aquaintance and in making this recommendation I hope to pay that forward. I am a very very happy patient!

27th December 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

Following a decision to have a full mastectomy, I was referred to see Mr Turton to discuss my options for surgery. Mr Turton put me at ease from our first meeting and I completely trusted his advice. We decided to go ahead with a nipple sparing double mastectomy with ADM. 6 weeks post surgery, I am over the moon with the results. I couldn't be happier with my reconstruction. The scars are barely visible. I can't thank Mr Turton enough for taking away the worry of having another breast cancer but also for making me feel confident following such a massive operation. Thank you.

13th December 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

Mr Turton performed breast reduction surgery for me in July 2018. From the first consultation to the end of follow-up care he was an attentive listener and provided clear explanation of procedures using terminology that I, as a non clinical person, could readily understand. This has not always been my experience of other clinicians. He is a consumate professional with a most empathetic and caring manner. I could not have asked for greater skilll and attention of the treatment provided by him and his team. I cannot recommend Mr Turton too highly.

10th December 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

I had heard how great Philip was by numerous people so I had high expectations before I got there. When I met him he didn’t let me down, he made me feel so at easy through explaining everything so well. From start to finish he was incredible and I’m so so happy I chose him to do the work. I LOVE the results!!!! I had my final check up on Saturday and was sad that I won’t see him again. Thankyou Philip and Jerry for the amazing treatment x

15th November 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

Mr Turton was brilliant he listened to me and my husband because I was very nervous but he made me feel at ease he discussed every detail with me, I was looked after so well from the first visit right up until the last visit his nurse was wonderful too, I am extremely happy with the results. Thank you so much.

Short link to review Mr Philip Turton: http://iwgc.net/eek4e