st-jamess-university-hospital

St James's University Hospital

Beckett Street, Leeds, England, LS9 7TF

1 2 3 4 5 120,284 reviews

8th April 2020

My mother who’s in her 70’s had elective surgery under GA at SJUH J23. As COVID prevented a family member going with my mum or seeing her in the days/weeks before her surgery, she had to go alone, this added extra stress to my Mother (who had never had a GA before) and to the family. J23 were just simply the best (Rachel & the ward Sister on duty), I was literally ringing on behalf of the family every 2-3hrs, never at any time did it show in there tone that I was being annoying, when I know they will of been busy, they were fully supportive, friendly and absolutely represented the Leeds way. My Mother couldn’t praise them enough, they put her at ease and made her traumatic experience better, I can’t thank them enough. I’m voting for NHS workers to get a pay rise!!!!

Review of Radiology - Bexley Wing (4270), written by a patient
1st March 2020

Blue chip in every aspect from arrival to departure.

4th February 2020

Some of the nurses who cared for me were very good but were rushed off their feet which sometime led to delays of my care. During the night staff were running around like headless chickens due to buzzers being pressed and not knowing who's bed the sound came from (we had a lot of elderly patients on our ward i think just needing spare beds and not necessarily cancer patients). Adopting a buzzer system at reception i.e. highlighting the buzzing patient, i think would help as i am sure i have seen this on another ward. The food was not pleasant even my toast was cold.

Review of Radiology - Bexley Wing (4270), written by a patient
28th January 2020

My appointment was at 9:50 Sunday 26/1. There was no issue parking. My appointment was on time. I was nervous but all staff involved put me at my ease. I was extremely satisfied with my treatment, thank you.

4th January 2020

I didn’t feel helped at all, I’ve been waiting over 8+hours to see the doctor and it’s now 8.33am and I’m still waiting now? Another person came in and they got seen straight away by the doctor! I’m not happy with the way I’ve been treated. I’m in absolute agony with the problem and All I have been given is paracetamol. I’ve been in pain for over 6 days! No nurse has come and told us a time scale, or done any bloods pressure etc, been waiting for a while! I’m not happy with the hospital It seems to me it’s like Less doctors more money More money less doctors The government is cutting money from hospitals/doctors so the doctors etc doesn’t wanna work all hours now less people are getting seen and the waiting hours and going up and up! Waiting hours to see the nurse is 3hours 19 minutes Waiting hours to see the doctor is 8hours 46 minutes The time wait is an absolute joke If drunk people and drug addicts didn’t take up the time for the doctors we wouldn’t be like we are!

Review of MRI - Lincoln Wing (4669), written by a patient
19th November 2019

The MRI Dept staff were courteous, friendly and caring. They kept me informed about my treatment and allayed any potential concerns about having the scan.

{{category}} working at St James's University Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St James's University Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb42e