st-jamess-university-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 120,267 reviews Write a review

St James's University Hospital

Beckett Street, Leeds, England, LS9 7TF

8th June 2018

If the treatment prescribed for the patient is to recieve time-bound (three times a day - 08:00, 14:00, 22:00) broad sprectrum intravenous antibiotic treatments then enure that this happens at the times prescribed. Do not present a medical stringe to the patient and ask “have you had this injection yet” as the patient will not know what this injection is for and his records should show you whether, or not, he has had this injection. Do not provide a bed in a shared room of four where three of the patients have very extreme, and complicated, medical conditions and need around the clock treatment which which means that the patient cannot sleep due to ongoing movement in the room - the patient may not have slept for 6 nights previously due to their own condition and needs sleep as part of their recovery treatment. Do not allow any patients personal television to be switched on all night, especially when the patient is asleep and the ward staff are aware but choose to ignore. The patient should not have to ask 3 times when he might expect to receive his last timebound intravenous antibiotic, due at 22:00, eventually received at 23:45 after numerous requests. The patient should not have to ask 3 times for the medical socks, as prescribed by the patients ward doctor/consultant, to ensure good blood circulation during treatment.

2nd May 2018

I was treated with respect and care by all the staff (admin, nursing, doctor). It was a gynaecology appointment with an internal examination + (with my agreement) a student present. I was treated sensitively. The doctor was friendly and put me at ease. I was informed throughout about what was happening and what the medical situation was. My one complaint: The way from the car park to the hospital department was not signposted. It was not at all clear where I should go. The worry of 'getting lost /being late' is not helpful to patients. I have spoken to others who visit this hospital and they agree that clear signs are needed.

30th April 2018

Stuart Beck did the procedure and explained it fully, he kept checking I was OK as I was in pain with back and hips. The student (John I think) was good and I was impressed with his knowledge of hypermobility.

25th April 2018

I would not give any stars they are to slow so when a thing is diagnosed its to late to get proper treatment i would not want any of my family to go there .i may sound angry but so would anyone eles if they told you my parner liz definitely didnt have cancer .now a year later she's having chemo with stage four cancer not at that hospital might i ad.

3rd April 2018

All the treatment I received was fantastic. I was however extremely concerned for the nursing staff working on my ward as they were totally run off their feet with insufficient staff to meet all demands of the patients.