st-jamess-university-hospital

St James's University Hospital

Beckett Street, Leeds, England, LS9 7TF

1 2 3 4 5 120,296 reviews

21st April 2022

I attended ward J23 on 13th April.. what true angels these staff are. Kind, compassionate, patient.. Felt SO safe and Beverly the Ward Clerk is just fabulous.. what a kind, compassionate and empathetic lady.. Thank you all SO much

Written by
3rd April 2022

Re ward 12 I constantly find staff “chat and complain “ about patients in front of other people clearly with in earshot! It’s so unprofessional! There have been some very caring friendly staff and the ward sister is lovely but there should constantly be a sister on duty and she should make sure staff do not stand discussing patients /hospital in a negative way. Today staff were complaining of lack of beds and A&E ( I’m certain they have their reasons) but it’s very concerning to hear constant negativity when a loved one is in their care!!! Also the room had bits and pieces of rubbish on the floor.

Written by
8th January 2022

Review written for my grandma who recently died in st James on ward J43. Staff rude and lack compassion. Gran was end of life so put in side room but since she was in there.. wasn’t repositioned or given any mouthcare for more than 18 hours plus. Apparently because family were there they didn’t want to disturb.. not good enough excuse! Asked for medication cos gran was clearly distressed in dying phase. Instead of going in to assess her the nurse just blatantly said no to giving anymore medication. She should have gone in the room to assess her need for it first.. she would have seen she was restless and then if she wasn’t happy about giving medication still she should have asked for advice! No knowledge in end of life care and just pure laziness. Easy job… being a night nurse and being sat down all night! How would they feel if that was their relative?

14th December 2021

My wife was recently in theatre for a sutra to her cervix. The care my wife received was fantastic throughout. The Anaesthetist and surgeon were thorough with the whole procedure. They explained everything in full detail and instantly made my wife feel at ease before her operation. It’s very rare I leave a review but in this case I thought it important that I did

27th November 2021

Ward J43 , Staff Nurse Keira didn't introduce herself, was rude in her mannerism! SI was left standing by bed for5-10 minutes with my wound leaking! When she finally came her response was Uh I'll have to patch this up! If she is uncapable of applying dressings then Why is she working on a Surgical ward?? Needs to be redeployed to somewhere where she isn't dealing with the public or applying dressings!! Needs retraining!!_

23rd November 2021

Assigned nurse uncaring, rude left me with leaking wound running down my legs for 5minutes! Then unable to apply a dressing saying I will have to patch this up!! Surely a Surgical Nurse should know how to apply a dressing!! If they are this incompetent why and how did they Qualify and be employed on Surgical ward???

Review of J27 Acute Medicine Admissions (0329),
24th June 2021

Absolutely appalling treatment. I still have nightmares and flashbacks about the way I was treated. Staff held me down and medicated me against my will and when I cried and asked why they said 'because you're upsetting your family'. They got angry with me because I was struggling. I was just trying to tell them they were pinning me down too hard and it was getting difficult to breathe, but every time I raised my head (they held me face down) they would force my head and neck and shoulders down and hold my face squashed onto the pillow. I tried to go and use the toilet and a (male) member of staff pushed me back into my room. I asked him to get a female nurse to take me but he just laughed and told me I could go if he was watching. The nurse in charge on one shift in particular should be ashamed to call herself a nurse. All shift she let (and encouraged) other members of staff to hurt me and treat me like a cross between an animal and a criminal, and then lied in her documentation about what had happened. If you have any choice at all, please do not let your loved ones be on this ward. If you are a patient, I encourage you to record any instances of violence, assault or maltreatment by staff. I wish I had done this because some of those staff members would have been struck off or even prosecuted if I had video evidence of the things they did to me.

10th June 2021

this was my first visit after being diagnosed with lung cancer.i was made to feel really comfortable and at ease.the staff were brilliant understanding and very supportive from start to finish i could not have been in better hands.i was very anxious and scared about my pet scan but within minutes all fear was gone and i was at ease from start to finish.thanks to all who saw me today your such wonderful compassionate caring understable people

Safe

{{category}} working at St James's University Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St James's University Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb42e