Mr Bilal AlKhaffaf

Clinical Expertise Bilal Alkhaffaf is a consultant laparoscopic and upper gastrointestinal surgeon at Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust – a member of the Shelford Group and one of England’s leading academic healthcare organisations. He has a specialist interest in advanced minimally invasive (keyhole) surgery and has worked at some of the largest specialist centres in the United Kingdom. Mr Alkhaffaf has further developed his expertise by visiting international surgical centres of excellence in the United States, South Korea and The Netherlands as well as a number of leading organisations within the United Kingdom. Mr Alkhaffaf prioritises the delivery of excellent medical care for all his patients, however he believes that this can only be achieved through a relationship based on trust, clear communication and an empathetic approach. He specialises in the treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer, obesity, acid reflux, hiatus hernia, achalasia, gallstones and hernias. Research Mr Alkhaffaf is active in the field of research and holds the position of ‘Honorary Senior Lecturer’ at the University of Manchester’s Institute of Cancer Sciences. His cancer research activities have resulted in his award of a prestigious ‘NIHR Doctoral Research Fellowship‘. Mr Alkhaffaf has a particular interest in the way surgical outcomes are reported and is currently working with international experts to make research in gastric cancer treatment more relevant for patients. For more information about Mr Alkhaffaf and his practice, please visit http://www.mysurgicalspecialist.uk.

• Oncology
  • Gastroenterology

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I was looked after very well and would highly recomend Mr Bilal Alkhaffaf I was seen quickly, given all the information on my operation and how to look after my self I had my gallbladder removed due to infection he was very understanding that I had a 4 month old baby and how hard it was being a new, breastfeeding mum while being in so much pain and that I needed to be up and about ASAP my wounds were so neat and tidy and had no problems at all I was back being a full time mummy with in a week after the operation and just a bit longer for healing compleatly I’m so very greatful for all that Mr Bilal Alkhaffaf and the other staff at the hospital have done for me.

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Listened to my concerns; explained the procedure and what constraints there were on my activities before and after the surgery

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Excellent care from start to finish. No complaints whatsoever. The surgery was performed efficiently with minimal scarring and minimal discomfort afterwards. I won't hesitate to recommend him.

17th July 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Bilal Alkhaffaf was fantastic with me from my first appointment with him in May 2018 to the last appointment on 16/7/2018...very professional in his manner and the way he has at putting you at ease whilst explaining each procedure that is going to take place . The final appointment was the results of the investigation and again put at ease and the wonderful feeling at not being rushed whilst being allowed to ask questions. I was made to feel that every patient mattered. I thoroughly recommend Mr Alkhaffaf. Many thanks Mrs Gaynor Stiven Wilmslow, Cheshire

13th July 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I have nothing but praise for Mr Alkhaffaf and the team at Spire Manchester who were responsible for my care. I was seen quickly, I was treated with care and respect and my operative and post-operative care and support were second to none.

Nearest Oncologists