Mr Bilal AlKhaffaf

Clinical Expertise Bilal Alkhaffaf is a consultant laparoscopic and upper gastrointestinal surgeon at Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust – one of the largest specialist upper gastrointestinal units in the country. He has a specialist interest in advanced minimally invasive (keyhole) surgery and has worked at some of the largest specialist centres in the United Kingdom. Mr Alkhaffaf has further developed his expertise by visiting international surgical centres of excellence in the United States, South Korea and The Netherlands as well as a number of leading organisations within the United Kingdom. Mr Alkhaffaf prioritises the delivery of excellent medical care for all his patients, however he believes that this can only be achieved through a relationship based on trust, clear communication and an empathetic approach. He specialises in the treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer, obesity, acid reflux, hiatus hernia, achalasia, gallstones and hernias. Research Mr Alkhaffaf is active in the field of research and holds the position of ‘Honorary Senior Lecturer’ at the University of Manchester’s Institute of Cancer Sciences. His cancer research activities have resulted in his award of a prestigious ‘NIHR Doctoral Research Fellowship‘. Mr Alkhaffaf has a particular interest in the way surgical outcomes are reported and is currently working with international experts to make research in gastric cancer treatment more relevant for patients. For more information about Mr Alkhaffaf and his practice, please visit http://www.mysurgicalspecialist.uk.

• Oncology
  • Gastroenterology

23rd January 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr AlKhaffaf is an extremely pleasant consultant. From my first consultation onwards with him he put me at ease. He listened sympathetically to my symptoms and concerns and arranged the relevant tests. He subsequently explained everything in detail about my condition and provided me with written information about the procedure that needed to be done. When my condition suddenly worsened I was given a speedy appointment to see him and an urgent operation by laparoscopy was performed a week later. At the follow up, Mr AlKhaffaf explained clearly the findings of the operation. A video of the procedure was extremely informative and interesting. Mr AlKhaffaf possesses, as a consultant/surgeon, the very valuable qualities of being both approachable and talented. So thank you to Mr AlKhaffaf for looking after me.

21st January 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

DR Bilal Alkhaffaf meeting Dr ALKHAFFAF SURGEON FIRST TIME LATE OCTOMBER 2018 MADE ME FEEL VERY RELAX, He explain in details about my gall stone, the type of sugery and confirm the day so I new day and time, at my first appointment . On the day of my sugery I met the team, then at 8.15am DR.ALKHAFFAF POP IN TO SEE HOW I WAS AND SAID YOU ARE FIRST ON THE LIST AGAIN RESUREING ME I WILL BE OK, THAT IS SURE FIRST CLASS SERVICES.

21st January 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Great doctor, very frienly and helpful. Did a great job on my hernia repair. I would thoroughly recommend him!

17th January 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Right from my first consultation and throughout the surgery Dr Alkhaffaf was professional, and approachable I would like to thank Dr Alkhaffaf for his great attitude and professional care shown towards myself. I had 3 scans at other practices that showed no problems with me. Dr Alkhaffaf from the first consultation on examination sent me for a mri scan saying his thoughts are i have a Inguinal hernia and that it was a correct diagnosis.After surgery my recovery and aftercare has been fantastic so a massive thank you to a great person and surgoen

16th January 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

A year long journey to a diagnosis of my Hiatus Hernia ended with Mr Alkhaffaf. His confident & reassuring explanation of the necessary procedure was a relief. He welcomed my questions & addressed my concerns. He skilfully and successfully "repaired" me, and 8 weeks later discharged me on my 2nd. follow up appointment.

Nearest Oncologists