Mr Bilal AlKhaffaf

Clinical Expertise Bilal Alkhaffaf is a consultant laparoscopic and upper gastrointestinal surgeon at Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – a member of the Shelford Group and one of England’s leading academic healthcare organisations. He has a specialist interest in advanced minimally invasive (keyhole) surgery and has worked at some of the largest specialist centres in the United Kingdom. Mr Alkhaffaf has further developed his expertise by visiting international surgical centres of excellence in the United States, South Korea and The Netherlands as well as a number of leading organisations within the United Kingdom. Mr Alkhaffaf prioritises the delivery of excellent medical care for all his patients, however he believes that this can only be achieved through a relationship based on trust, clear communication and an empathetic approach. He specialises in the treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer, obesity, acid reflux, hiatus hernia, achalasia, gallstones and hernias. Research Mr Alkhaffaf is active in the field of research and holds the position of ‘Honorary Senior Lecturer’ at the University of Manchester’s Institute of Cancer Sciences. His cancer research activities have resulted in his award of a prestigious ‘NIHR Doctoral Research Fellowship‘. Mr Alkhaffaf has a particular interest in the way surgical outcomes are reported and is currently working with international experts to make research in gastric cancer treatment more relevant for patients. For more information about Mr Alkhaffaf and his practice, please visit http://www.mysurgicalspecialist.uk.

• Oncology
  • Gastroenterology

22nd August 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I was referred to Mr Bilal Alkhaffaf through the NHS. I had a Consultation with two weeks and then my operation a couple of weeks later. Excellent service! I had Keyhole surgery and everything went well. Mr Bilal Alkhaffaf explained everything in detail to me. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

17th August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I found Mr Alkhaffaf to be very professional and considerate towards both myself and my husband at each consultation appointment. He was punctual on each occasion and made me feel at ease at an otherwise stressful time. I would highly recommend him.

17th August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Had gall bladder removed. Received excellent care from Dr. Alkhaffaf and his staff. He took the time to listen to my concerns and explain the operation fully to myself. Overall an excellent experience and thank you to all involved.

14th August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I had Laparoscopic Cardiomyotomy for Achalasia in May this year. Achalasia is a rare condition and there isn’t a lot of information available. I was referred by my local hospital as they could not perform the procedure themselves. Mr Bilal AlKhaffaf was incredibly reassuring. Not only did he explain much more about my condition, he advised me about the different treatments and helped me the most appropriate choice for myself. Throughout the entire process he was there, I never felt like my questions were an annoyance. The post-surgery care has been just as lovely. This entire process has been stressful but I can honestly say that Mr Bilal AlKhaffaf has made it as pleasant as it would be in that situation.

14th August 2017
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

I went into hospital on 20th June for hiatus hernia repair and can honestly say that I was treated with the utmost respect at every stage of my 3 night stay. Everything was fully explained, my questions answered and post operatively I was looked after extremely well. For anyone facing surgery in the future please be assured that you will be cared for extremely well.

Nearest Oncologists