Mr Bilal AlKhaffaf

Clinical Expertise Bilal Alkhaffaf is a consultant laparoscopic and upper gastrointestinal surgeon at Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust – a member of the Shelford Group and one of England’s leading academic healthcare organisations. He has a specialist interest in advanced minimally invasive (keyhole) surgery and has worked at some of the largest specialist centres in the United Kingdom. Mr Alkhaffaf has further developed his expertise by visiting international surgical centres of excellence in the United States, South Korea and The Netherlands as well as a number of leading organisations within the United Kingdom. Mr Alkhaffaf prioritises the delivery of excellent medical care for all his patients, however he believes that this can only be achieved through a relationship based on trust, clear communication and an empathetic approach. He specialises in the treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer, obesity, acid reflux, hiatus hernia, achalasia, gallstones and hernias. Research Mr Alkhaffaf is active in the field of research and holds the position of ‘Honorary Senior Lecturer’ at the University of Manchester’s Institute of Cancer Sciences. His cancer research activities have resulted in his award of a prestigious ‘NIHR Doctoral Research Fellowship‘. Mr Alkhaffaf has a particular interest in the way surgical outcomes are reported and is currently working with international experts to make research in gastric cancer treatment more relevant for patients. For more information about Mr Alkhaffaf and his practice, please visit http://www.mysurgicalspecialist.uk.

• Oncology
  • Gastroenterology

14th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Fortunately I won’t be having my Gall bladder removed again but if I did I would choose Mr Alkhaffaf. From our first consultation he convinced me that his only aim was to sort out my problem as quickly and smoothly as possible. He acknowledged my pain and concern and very kindly reorganised his lists to operate on me sooner than I anticipated. On the day he explained everything clearly and freely discussed any concerns. After the op he came back and made sure I was clear about how I needed to act to speeden my recovery. And finally at my follow up appointment he took time to check how I was recovering and emphasise any problems going forward I should contact him. Mr Alkhaffaf is a top surgeon and a top “bloke”

6th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Alkhaffaf was my surgeon recently for my gall bladder removal. What a very pleasant man he is, patient and very easy to talk to and always with the utmost professionalism. My surgery and recovery was exactly as he described it would be and I'm very pleased with the outcome. It would be hard to find someone easier to deal with and I would certainly recommend him.

30th October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Brilliant hospital, brilliant consultant, friendly professional staff. No one likes going into hospital, but from my first appointment until my last, nothing but good things to say about my experience at the Alex.

9th October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I had a fundoplication at the Spire Manchester. From start to finish Mr Alkhaffaf was brilliant to deal with. At the initial appointment Mr Alkhaffaf explained the pro's and con's of the surgery very clearly. On the day of the operation he was very re-assuring and made me feel very much at ease. My symptoms so far have totally disappeared and my recovery has been very smooth. I would certainly recommend Mr Alkhaffaf.

29th September 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

A lovely relaxing atmosphere at the Alexandra Hospital, with staff who had time to spend with me and listened to my concerns and were all most professional. Mr Alkhaffaf approach was very calming ( this was my first surgery) and informed me of what to expect before and after my procedure. What I was most surprised at was the lack of pain after. Initially , during the first few days, there was a little discomfort on moving and if the grandchildren or the cat unexpectedly jumped up on me. As there was no pain, I had to remember not to do any activity which would undo Mr Alkhaffaf superb work. There was no infection and healing was speedy which also surprised me. Indeed I am very impressed and thank Mr Alkhaffaf and all the staff at the Alexandra for what I can call a very pleasant experience.

Nearest Oncologists