Mr Bilal AlKhaffaf

Clinical Expertise Bilal Alkhaffaf is a consultant laparoscopic and upper gastrointestinal surgeon at Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust – one of the largest specialist upper gastrointestinal centres in the country. He has a specialist interest in advanced minimally invasive (keyhole) surgery and has worked at some of the largest specialist centres in the United Kingdom. Mr Alkhaffaf has further developed his expertise by visiting international surgical centres of excellence in the United States, South Korea and The Netherlands as well as a number of leading organisations within the United Kingdom. Mr Alkhaffaf prioritises the delivery of excellent medical care for all his patients, however he believes that this can only be achieved through a relationship based on trust, clear communication and an empathetic approach. He specialises in the treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer, obesity, acid reflux, hiatus hernia, achalasia, gallstones and hernias. Research Mr Alkhaffaf is active in the field of research and holds the position of ‘Honorary Senior Lecturer’ at the University of Manchester’s Institute of Cancer Sciences. His cancer research activities have resulted in his award of a prestigious ‘NIHR Doctoral Research Fellowship‘. Mr Alkhaffaf has a particular interest in the way surgical outcomes are reported and is currently working with international experts to make research in gastric cancer treatment more relevant for patients. For more information about Mr Alkhaffaf and his practice, please visit http://www.mysurgicalspecialist.uk.

• Oncology
  • Gastroenterology

14th October 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

For my first consultation everything was fully explained and very easy to understand. I was totally prepared for my operation and knew what to expect before, during and after the procedure. On the day of the operation I had no worries at all, all went well and to plan. Knowing what to expect after the operation I found the recovery to be extremely quick and without any problems at all. I would like to express my sincere thanks to Mr Bilal Alkhaffaf for his professional manner and for the superb treatment given to me.

24th September 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I had a Nissan Fundoplication performed by Dr Alkhaffaf at the Spire Manchester. The operation was a complete success and my acid reflux has reduced significantly, I have been able to stop PPIs for the first time in years. I saw the Dr before and after the operation and his aftercare for the 8 weeks post operation was excellent. I would highly recommend him.

17th September 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Visited Mr alkhaffaf at bmi Cheadle. What can I say what not been already said about this remarkable man. From the 1st consultation to surgery and aftercare. I felt so relaxed and had complete trust with everything Mr alkhaffaf explained to me. If you are looking at this review and need help I would advise you to contact this remarkable surgeon. Thanks again Mr alkhaffaf you are a life changer.

16th September 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

The before and after care was excellent . He fully explained the procedure and took any fear I had. I felt listened to and 100% safe in his care.

20th August 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr AlKhaffaf carried out a very successful laparoscopic mesh repair of my inguinal hernia. From initial consultation, to operation and final post op review, I was fully appraised and reassured by Mr AlKhaffaf who dealt with me in a very kind understanding manner. Highly recommended, would trust him implicitly.

Nearest Oncologists