Mr Thomas Satyadas

3rd May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Satyadas is a most exceptional man. I had the good fortune of being referred to him towards the end of 2014 when a large biliary cyst was found in my liver. Right from my very first consultation I found him to be warm and friendly with a calm, reassuring, approachable and confident manner which made me feel right at ease. Throughout the two-year consultative process I had to have MRI scans done every six months. After each one I had a follow-up appointment with Mr Satyadas who went to great lengths to explain the mysterious images along with the implications of what we were seeing, so much so by the time we got to the point where surgery was being discussed I felt quite familiar with them. Despite the fact that I'd known right from the start that surgery was inevitable at some point, when the time came I was greatly reassured by the way Mr Satyadas approached it. His clear and concise explanations, neat little diagrams and precise instructions gave me great confidence not only in his expertise and that of his team, but my ability to prepare myself for surgery. Before I knew it with his encouragement I was eating healthily and cycling for an hour twice a day every day having not exercised in years, something I'd never have dreamt of attempting if it wasn't for his friendly, caring and supportive approach. Throughout the process he provided the same level of care and support to my family too, involving them in consultations to allay their concerns and he even going so far as to phone my elderly mother at home immediately after surgery to reassure her that all had gone well. I was hospitalised for nine days after surgery in March 2017. Mr Satyadas made a point of visiting every day regardless of the hour or how busy his day had been he was there, with a friendly reassuring smile to check that I was comfortable and everything was progressing as it should be. Once I'd been discharged from hospital Mr Satyadas kept in touch with me at home between consultations to answer queries, allay any concerns and offer as I recovered. My recovery, while still ongoing, is progressing well all thanks to Mr Satyadas's expertise, his team, the hospital staff and his 'Get fit for surgery' challenge too and while I thought I'd never say this, I really am looking forward to getting back on that bike! In short, Mr Satyadas is an exceptionally devoted consultant surgeon and a credit to his profession. Nothing is too much trouble for him. He provides a level of care that far exceeds expectations which he does with a cheerful smile, a sense of humour and an innate ability to empathise with his patients and their families. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

19th April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Words can't express how grateful I am to Mr Satyadas. He is a lovely, kind approachable person who listened when others didn't. I had chronic pain for three years, but two weeks after surgery the pain has gone. I am over the moon! Many thanks Mr Satyadas.

27th March 2017
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Thomas Satyadas is a warm, kind and compassionate human as well as a skilled surgeon; all qualities needed for a liver re-section with before and after care. From the moment I met him I felt I could trust him and that gave me confidence. He explained the operation carefully and checked that both my husband and myself had fully understood everything. He told us about Surgery School, which we attended and found very useful. He also put me in touch with someone who had had the same operation, so we could discuss his experience and the after care he received. On the morning of the operation Thomas met me outside the theatre and reassured me, which was most appreciated. I knew I could trust him completely and so was not worried or frightened, unusual for someone who can be a worrier. After the operation Thomas visited me on the ward regularly. Whenever he said he would visit me he did so, checking on progress and making me feel really cared for. My husband was very appreciative of the phone call from Thomas soon after the operation to say all had gone well. Once home, he telephoned as necessary between Outpatient appointments to see how I was and to offer advice. At clinic appointments he continues to give reassurance and when things were not going to plan, he immediately arranged for procedures to take place quickly. These arrangements were made in our presence so we knew exactly what was happening. I continue to see Thomas at his clinic. He always seems to have plenty of time for me and makes me feel special, even though I know I am only one amongst many patients. I shall always be grateful to Thomas and his team for what they did for me.

19th March 2017
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Thomas Satyadas is a warm, kind and compassionate human being as well as a skilled surgeon; all qualities needed to perform my liver re-section and to care for me both before and after the operation. From the moment I met him he gave me confidence. He explained the operation carefully and checked that both my husband and myself had fully understood everything. He told us all about Surgery School, which we attended and found very useful. He also put me in touch with someone who had had a similar procedure so we could discuss the operation and aftercare. On the morning of the operation he met me outside the theatre and reassured me, which was most appreciated. I felt I could trust him completely and so was not worried or frightened, unusual for someone who can be a worrier. After the operation Thomas visited me on the ward regularly. Whenever he said he would visit he did so, checking on my progress but also making me feel really cared for. My husband was very appreciative of receiving a phone call from Thomas soon after the operation to say that all had gone well. Once I was home he telephoned as necessary between Outpatient appointments to see how I was getting on and to offer advice. At clinic appointments he has again given reassurance and when things were not going to plan, he immediately arranged for procedures to take place quickly. These arrangements were made in our presence so we knew exactly what was happening. I continue to see Thomas at his clinic. I look forward to seeing him for I know he has my best interests at heart. He always seems to have plenty of time for me and makes me feel special, even though I know I am only one among his many patients. I shall always be grateful to Thomas and his team for what they have done for me.

13th March 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Satyadas operated on me in October 2016 and removed my gall-bladder by keyhole surgery. From the initial pre-operative consultation I was very impressed by Mr Satyadas’s very caring attitude and his willingness to take time to listen to and answer all my questions. The operation was a total success and I was even discharged on the same day. I can only echo all of the comments made in previous reviews and add that Mr Satyadas and the team at the Alexandra hospital are first class and hope that if I need any further procedures carried out it falls under Mr Satyadas's speciality. He is also a really nice bloke as well. A very big thank you to Mr Satyadas and the staff at the Alexandra. Kind regards Brian Isle of Man.

Short link to review Mr Thomas Satyadas: http://iwgc.net/efsty