mrs-christine-craig

Mrs Christine Craig

Written by a private patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary
7th October 2022

I was so nervous to go to my appointment and Christine was amazing. Made me feel so comfortable and really calmed me down. Talked me through everything I needed would 1000% recommend

Written by a private patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary
21st September 2022

If only all Doctors were like Christine. So down to earth and talked in simple terms. Puts you

20th September 2022

Her knowledge and ability to communicate simply and effectively is outstanding and imparts confidence.

20th September 2022

An amazing doctor who listened to me and knew what was wrong and what I needed to do. She explained everything in plain English. Highly recommend her.

14th September 2022

Mrs Craig has a warm and friendly personality making it easy to discuss problems with her. She was extremely thorough and explained everything at the first appointment and subsequent appointment. I never felt rushed and was able to ask a number of questions which were answered patiently.

I am an experienced female Colorectal and General Surgeon. I qualified in Leeds in 1998 and returned to work in Manchester a year later.
My NHS post is at Manchester Royal Infirmary but I also provide outreach clinics, endoscopy and Day Case Surgery at Trafford and Altrincham General Hospitals. As a Colorectal Surgeon, I specialise in diagnosing and treating bowel cancers and other bowel conditions but I also deal with all those bottom/bum issues that you don't really wish to discuss with anyone.....
I am JAG accredited in endoscopy (Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy) and an experienced laparoscopic surgeon.
BOTTOMS - bleeding; pain; itchiness; rectal prolapse; rectal discharge; piles; anal skin tags; fissures; fistulas; anal stenosis; pilonidal disease; abscesses.
Banding of piles; haemorrhoidectomy; removal of anal skin tags; fistula treatment; fissure treatment including Botox injections.
BOWELS - Altered bowel habit; diarrhoea and loose stools; constipation; faecal incontinence; blood/mucus/slime; pain/discomfort; Inflammatory bowel diseases; appendicitis; diverticular disease and diverticulitis and its complications; bowel cancers; rectal cancers; small bowel problems; stomas (ileostomy and colostomy). Endoscopy - Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy; Open and Laparoscopic (key hole) bowel surgery; Stoma formation and revision stoma reversal;
ANAEMIA and WEIGHT LOSS.
ABDOMEN - pain; swelling; lumps/masses; hernia (inguinal hernia; incisional hernia; epigastric hernia; umbilical hernia; femoral hernia; ventral hernia); abscess.
SKIN - lumps and bumps