mrs-christine-craig

Mrs Christine Craig

25th November 2021

I was put at ease immediately by Mrs Craig she was so easy to talk to and listened to all my fears and problems She gave me a physical examination with great respect for my feelings and comfort We agreed a course of treatment and I left feeling very satisfied with the consultation A charming lady what a relief to speak to someone face to face who was so experienced and pleasant !!!!!

19th November 2021

Mrs. Craig is very friendly and approachable. I felt listened to and supported in my initial appointment and she helped me feel at ease when discussing the best treatment for me.

11th November 2021

This lady was amazing, she listened to everything I said , definitely knew her profession .Made me feel so comfortable and at ease . I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her .

5th November 2021

Mrs Craig kindly fitted me in as I never made it to my original appointment as I was stick in traffic. She asked all the write questions, listened to what I had to say and totally put me at ease when examining me.

Written by a NHS patient at Trafford General Hospital
17th October 2021

Mrs Craig has been an extremely wonderful surgeon and I highly recommend her. Pre-pandemic, I had been suffering with a perianal abscess. Unfortunately, due to various issues, this problem persisted and in total, I've had several procedures done. The pandemic served to further delayed my treatment, as all elective procedures were postponed. After the hospitals and clinics starting opening up again, Mrs Craig did her best to prioritise placing me on her list as soon as she could, which was greatly appreciated. It has been a long and arduous journey, but I have finally been discharged from Mrs Craig's care after successful treatment. My perianal abscess was treated with a seton. I had been advised by Mrs Craig that I needed to floss the seton twice daily. Though I did so, initially, it later on transpired that my efforts weren't enough, as sometimes I felt the pain too much to bear. After the 1st seton was removed in a subsequent operation, the abscess eventually re-manifested itself. As a result, I had to have a 2nd seton placed within. This time however, I did my best and flossed daily- as vigorous as I could, twice daily. Though it was painful, I gritted through. Ultimately, I was rewarded for my efforts as the subsequent operation to remove the 2nd seton proved to the last time I would need a procedure relating to this procedure. Mrs Craig herself commented that I had done a very good job with the flossing, as she could tell that the seton was hanging a lot lower than when she had placed it- proving that I had been very vigorous with the floss. I want to thank Mrs Craig again for being a consummate professional throughout this ordeal. I always felt that she was on my side and I always gave me the confidence that she would ultimately be successful. Cheers Mrs Craig, you're a star!

I am an experienced female Colorectal and General Surgeon. I qualified in Leeds in 1998 and returned to work in Manchester a year later. My NHS post is at Manchester Royal Infirmary but I also provide outreach clinics, endoscopy and Day Case Surgery at Trafford and Altrincham General Hospitals. As a Colorectal Surgeon, I specialise in diagnosing and treating bowel cancers and other bowel conditions but I also deal with all those bottom/bum issues that you don't really wish to discuss with anyone..... I am JAG accredited in endoscopy (Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy) and an experienced laparoscopic surgeon. BOTTOMS - bleeding; pain; itchiness; rectal prolapse; rectal discharge; piles; anal skin tags; fissures; fistulas; anal stenosis; pilonidal disease; abscesses. Banding of piles; haemorrhoidectomy; removal of anal skin tags; fistula treatment; fissure treatment including Botox injections. BOWELS - Altered bowel habit; diarrhoea and loose stools; constipation; faecal incontinence; blood/mucus/slime; pain/discomfort; Inflammatory bowel diseases; appendicitis; diverticular disease and diverticulitis and its complications; bowel cancers; rectal cancers; small bowel problems; stomas (ileostomy and colostomy). Endoscopy - Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy; Open and Laparoscopic (key hole) bowel surgery; Stoma formation and revision stoma reversal; ANAEMIA and WEIGHT LOSS. ABDOMEN - pain; swelling; lumps/masses; hernia (inguinal hernia; incisional hernia; epigastric hernia; umbilical hernia; femoral hernia; ventral hernia); abscess. SKIN - lumps and bumps

Nearest Gastroenterologists