Mrs Christine Craig

I am an experienced female Colorectal and General Surgeon. I qualified in Leeds in 1998 and returned to work in Manchester a year later. My NHS post is at Manchester Royal Infirmary but I also provide outreach clinics, endoscopy and Day Case Surgery at Trafford and Altrincham General Hospitals. As a Colorectal Surgeon, I specialise in diagnosing and treating bowel cancers and other bowel conditions but I also deal with all those bottom/bum issues that you don't really wish to discuss with anyone..... I am JAG accredited in endoscopy (Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy) and an experienced laparoscopic surgeon. BOTTOMS - bleeding; pain; itchiness; rectal prolapse; rectal discharge; piles; anal skin tags; fissures; fistulas; anal stenosis; pilonidal disease; abscesses. Banding of piles; haemorrhoidectomy; removal of anal skin tags; fistula treatment; fissure treatment including Botox injections. BOWELS - Altered bowel habit; diarrhoea and loose stools; constipation; faecal incontinence; blood/mucus/slime; pain/discomfort; Inflammatory bowel diseases; appendicitis; diverticular disease and diverticulitis and its complications; bowel cancers; rectal cancers; small bowel problems; stomas (ileostomy and colostomy). Endoscopy - Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy; Open and Laparoscopic (key hole) bowel surgery; Stoma formation and revision stoma reversal; ANAEMIA and WEIGHT LOSS. ABDOMEN - pain; swelling; lumps/masses; hernia (inguinal hernia; incisional hernia; epigastric hernia; umbilical hernia; femoral hernia; ventral hernia); abscess. SKIN - lumps and bumps

21st May 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I met Mrs Craig for the first time today. She is a lovely lady listened to everything I said and we discussed the possible causes in great detail. She was extremely honest and upfront with me, although she herself couldn’t offer treatment she pointed me hopefully in the right direction. I felt extremely at ease talking to Mrs Craig and wouldn’t hesitate to see her again if the need arises. She came across as a truly genuine caring doctor

16th May 2019
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

Straightforward, clear and to the point, listened with interest about my concerns and suggestions. Discussed my procedure collaboratively. Happy when I came out of my appointment, full understanding of what my procedure would entail and the follow up.

13th May 2019
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

Fantastic doctor who listens to you and your concerns. Dr Craig is empathetic and very caring.

11th May 2019
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

I met Mrs. Craig for the first time on 10th May 2019 to discuss, following in depth investigations of my bowel, an operation to remove part of my bowel due to a large tumour and to proceed with an anastomosis procedure. I was very impressed with what she had to say. She is a very nice lady who tells you like it is. There was no dressing up of the significance of the problem to be dealt with, (which is what I prefer), and she explained in significant detail the procedural aspects of the work she intends to carry out to relieve me of the problem which has been found. No guarantees could be given as to the outcome of the operation and subsequent aftercare, but I was very reassured with her knowledge of the subject and the meticulous way in which in which starts at A to explain the position through to Z. I feel as though I am in experienced hands and this has provided a sense of relief and cautious optimism as to what the future prognosis will be.

10th May 2019
Written by a carer at Trafford General Hospital

I found Mrs Christine Craig very personable friendly caring but still very professional . She made our appointment for my Father to find out his cancer diagnosis and possible treatment very relaxed and she was so helpful as was her lead nurse Sister Tracey Purcell and as a family we were very grateful for making us feel so at ease .

Nearest Gastroenterologists