Mrs Christine Craig

I am an experienced female Colorectal and General Surgeon. I qualified in Leeds in 1998 and returned to work in Manchester a year later. My NHS post is at Manchester Royal Infirmary but I also provide outreach clinics, endoscopy and Day Case Surgery at Trafford and Altrincham General Hospitals. As a Colorectal Surgeon, I specialise in diagnosing and treating bowel cancers and other bowel conditions but I also deal with all those bottom/bum issues that you don't really wish to discuss with anyone..... I am JAG accredited in endoscopy (Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy) and an experienced laparoscopic surgeon. BOTTOMS - bleeding; pain; itchiness; rectal prolapse; rectal discharge; piles; anal skin tags; fissures; fistulas; anal stenosis; pilonidal disease; abscesses. Banding of piles; haemorrhoidectomy; removal of anal skin tags; fistula treatment; fissure treatment including Botox injections. BOWELS - Altered bowel habit; diarrhoea and loose stools; constipation; faecal incontinence; blood/mucus/slime; pain/discomfort; Inflammatory bowel diseases; appendicitis; diverticular disease and diverticulitis and its complications; bowel cancers; rectal cancers; small bowel problems; stomas (ileostomy and colostomy). Endoscopy - Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy; Open and Laparoscopic (key hole) bowel surgery; Stoma formation and revision stoma reversal; ANAEMIA and WEIGHT LOSS. ABDOMEN - pain; swelling; lumps/masses; hernia (inguinal hernia; incisional hernia; epigastric hernia; umbilical hernia; femoral hernia; ventral hernia); abscess. SKIN - lumps and bumps

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

5th December 2018
Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary

Mrs Craig is a remarkable woman and highly skilled surgeon. More than that though, she is down to earth and you can speak to her frankly and get a straight answer in return. The fact that I had major open abdominal surgery and was able to leave hospital within 4 days complication free is testament to her abilities. Now I can get back to family and work safe from the health worries that had previously clouded my life Thanks Mrs C x

3rd December 2018
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

I had a consultation with Mrs Craig today and as I was leaving, I thought that my appointment could not have been any better! After an initial welcome with introductions, Mrs Craig explained in great detail the plan for my forthcoming surgery. I was given time to talk, ask questions, and felt completely at ease and in good hands. Mrs Craig was approachable, understanding and informative. In a time of great tension, worry and fear, If I was given a choice of surgeon ,then Mrs Craig is, and would be, my choice.

26th November 2018
Written by a carer at Trafford General Hospital

Had the great pleasure of once again meeting Mrs Craig with my 94 year old Mum. Her ability to empathize and explain the medical processes is second to none, and we have every confidence in her abilities. You are without doubt in safe hands. Thank you Mrs Craig.

20th November 2018
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

Mrs Craig creates a welcoming, friendly and professional environment which puts you at ease and able to discuss all possible symptoms at a stressful time. Despite running late, due to an unexpected emergency the consultation didn't feel rushed allowing full discussion and assessment of symptoms, conditions and history. Her actions/decisions were decisive giving confidence in the proposed action plan. At the end she gave positive reassurance ensuring that I did not leave overstressed and confident that things will be sorted out. You feel that you are being treated aa a whole person and not just another patient with problems/complaints.

6th November 2018