Mrs Christine Craig

I am an experienced female Colorectal and General Surgeon. I qualified in Leeds in 1998 and returned to work in Manchester a year later. My NHS post is at Manchester Royal Infirmary but I also provide outreach clinics, endoscopy and Day Case Surgery at Trafford and Altrincham General Hospitals. As a Colorectal Surgeon, I specialise in diagnosing and treating bowel cancers and other bowel conditions but I also deal with all those bottom/bum issues that you don't really wish to discuss with anyone..... I am JAG accredited in endoscopy (Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy) and an experienced laparoscopic surgeon. BOTTOMS - bleeding; pain; itchiness; rectal prolapse; rectal discharge; piles; anal skin tags; fissures; fistulas; anal stenosis; pilonidal disease; abscesses. Banding of piles; haemorrhoidectomy; removal of anal skin tags; fistula treatment; fissure treatment including Botox injections. BOWELS - Altered bowel habit; diarrhoea and loose stools; constipation; faecal incontinence; blood/mucus/slime; pain/discomfort; Inflammatory bowel diseases; appendicitis; diverticular disease and diverticulitis and its complications; bowel cancers; rectal cancers; small bowel problems; stomas (ileostomy and colostomy). Endoscopy - Gastroscopy; Flexible Sigmoidoscopy and Colonoscopy; Open and Laparoscopic (key hole) bowel surgery; Stoma formation and revision stoma reversal; ANAEMIA and WEIGHT LOSS. ABDOMEN - pain; swelling; lumps/masses; hernia (inguinal hernia; incisional hernia; epigastric hernia; umbilical hernia; femoral hernia; ventral hernia); abscess. SKIN - lumps and bumps

8th January 2020

I visited Mrs Craig on the 7th January to discuss a long term problem I have. I found her a very sympathetic listener who gave me a very clear understanding of the options available. She has a friendly and open manner which makes it very easy to talk to her and trust her.

Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital
5th January 2020

0000000

11th December 2019

I had a first consultation with Christine Craig, she was really easy to talk to, after being shunted around three surgeons in the year previous to my appointment with her and not being heard by them or them seeing what was needed. Dr Craig clearly identified my issue straight away and I am now booked to go ahead with what needed to happen from the start. Finally... I am really happy that I went to see her. Just wished I had done it a year ago.

10th December 2019

She is very friendly and kind, and helped put me at ease with my worries. I was extremely anxious but she immediately made me feel at ease. She was very easy to talk to and was extremely thorough and clear with explaining my condition. I would wholly recommend her.

Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital
10th December 2019

Mrs Christine Craig is a very caring and delightfully positive lady, an excellent surgeon and a fountain of all knowledge relating to the area where the sun doesn't shine. I was suffering very badly from a chronic anal fissure, complicated by a really badly placed, large haemorroid. I was in really bad pain for months, unable to operate as a teacher or father. Each day, following defecation, I would be in indescribable pain for up to eight hours. She administered botox injections and shortly afterwards, the relief from the pain had me back in my disco wellies, dancing in the streets. However, she also identified that the haemorroid was potentially dangerous; it could turn cancerous and it was was also responsible for messing with my fissure and increasing the pain. She whipped that out in a subsequent op and now I am defecating with delight. I look back on my annus horribilis where I dreaded visiting the loo for number twos, unable to believe the pain I went through. Thank you so much Christine for sorting me out. You were very clear, gave great post-op advice for diet and toilet behaviour!

Nearest Gastroenterologists