Mr Nicholas Stylianides

Consultant Colorectal and General Surgeon at Manchester Royal Infirmary For appointments or further information please call 0161 949 0161

• Oncology
  • Gastroenterology

15th July 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I have had the best care from Nick from start to finish. From the initial consultation, he clearly explained everything to me. Made me fully aware of all the risks and clear about the benefits. You could see that he really cares about his work and his patients. He reassured my wife before and after surgery and came to see me daily with helpful advice immediately after the operation. Even phoning me at home once discharged to check on me. He has been helpful and truthful throughout. I would have no trouble strongly recommending Nick to anyone seeking help.

9th July 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Stylianides is very proffesional, knowledgeable and informative. He is very passionate about his work which shows with his clients. I would highly recommend Mr Stylianides to anyone seeking excellent medical care.

2nd July 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

A great Doctor, easy to talk to. Friendly and professional. I had a belly bottom hernia after two pregnancies- he had fixed this very nicely. I would definitely recommend this Doctor.

10th June 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

This very nice man is passionate about his profession & as such he is very caring & reliable. I would recommend him completely.

8th June 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

If you are anything like me you will likely pronounce Doctor Nicholas Stylianides’s surname in a number of different ways to various people before finally getting the pronunciation somewhere near. I now rather embarrassingly admit to replying to a question from a hospital receptionist when asked ‘who is your surgeon? ‘ I mildly panicked at my inability to say Stylianides. And after several failed attempts blurted out ..... ‘ The bloke from Cyprus’!! Yet he is so very much more than that. I have enjoyed a healthy life until a recent bowel cancer diagnosis and so dealing with medical experts has not been common place. When your life appears at risk though you very quickly need to be assured you are getting the right treatment by the best person. At my first consultation I was immediately impressed by Nic’s professionalism but more so how he establish firstly a rapport and then a confidence. As my surgery approached his considered communication was really appreciated and by the day of my op he had my total trust. His engaging manner is not just a superficial front either because he demonstrates a genuine desire to support you as his patient throughout your time with him. When this is more than matched by his surgical skills you have someone that words in a review may not adequately do him justice or convey my sincere gratitude. I may still pronounce his name inaccurately at times but my view of him is now clear. He is an exceptional individual and I cannot recommend or thank him highly enough.

Nearest Oncologists