Spire Manchester Hospital

170 Barlow Moor Road, Didsbury, Manchester, England, M20 2AF

20th June 2018

Excellent care from all staff. It was a really good experience to be a patient in Spire. My experience of hospitalisation is very limited, so it is hard for me to make suggestions to improve things, in fact I think it would be hard to improve the patient experience at Spire. The one area that I would criticise is the tension/compression stockings that I was provided with prior to discharge. After a few days at home I had to get someone to peel these off and discard them. I have spoken to other people who have had the same problem. In my case they felt as if they were stopping blood flow! I realise there are 3 sizes , but this is not sufficient. I suspect that hundreds of these must be discarded by patients, an awful waste of money and a risk to health. I just kept doing exercises. This criticism must apply across all hospitals. It is an NHS problem.

28th May 2018

I went to the Spire for a quadriceps repair operation. The results have been catastrophic. The surgeon only appeared to be interested in making money out of me. He told various lies. Do not go anywhere near this place.

4th April 2018

Good, well laid out hospital, excellent staff, all very helpful My only concern is the amount of cars parked in the special blue badge parking areas Without the authorised badges, very unethical and morally wrong .

15th March 2018

If it had not been for the operation, I could have fooled myself I had checked into a fabulous hotel! The staff were very attentive and kind and cared for me well during my short stay.

1st March 2018

I had had my hernia for a few years and was quite anxious about having the repair operation, however from my very first consultation Professor Sheen put me at ease and was very reassuring and helpful throughout the whole process. Professor Sheen informed me exactly how the operation would be done and he was very sympathetic and helpful on the morning of my operation. He also recommended my anaesthetist Dr Paul Foster who was also brilliant! I had my operation in early December 2017and it went superbly thanks to professor Sheen, his team and the Spire Manchester Hospital. I could not praise Professor Sheen enough for the excellent care and personal attention I received and I would recommend him to anyone -he is without doubt the best hernia surgeon. The Spire Manchester Hospital is the best hospital I have ever been in/visited, it is simply superb with the most helpful, respectful and friendly staff you could wish for.