mr-christian-macutkiewicz

Mr Christian Macutkiewicz

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
25th September 2021

My personal experience as a patient of Mr Christian Macutkiewicz was outstanding. He listened and heard what I was saying. He took time to explain the procedure I was having and showed a genuine interest in my recovery. In addition to his great expertise and excellent surgical skills he also had a warmth and sense of humour. I would highly recommend him and would seek him out for any future health issues I may have.

6th September 2021

I had surgery for the removal of my gall bladder in June this year following a severe case of necrotising pancreatitis for which I had been hospitalised for 70 days ( Oldham Royal, then Manchester R.I ) early August to mid October 2020. I was on aventilator for 3-4 weeks and in intensive and high dependency care for much of that time and with a long and difficult rehabilitation to follow.I was awaiting notice from the nhs for removal of my gall bladder to prevent recurrence, but due to Covid related waiting times decided reluctantly to pay for private care. I was initially referred to a consultant at Spire hospital Didsbury ( Paul Goldsmith)who after seeing my discharge notes quite honestly and fairly, which I appreciated, said that he agreed that I needed urgent surgery to remove my gall bladder but that he did not regard himself as having the necessary expertise due to the impact that my treatment for the necrotising pancreatitis, including 5 necroscopies had had on my internal organs. He enthusiastically recommended Christian Macutiecz who on reviewing my case informed me thoroughly and with great care, that as my case was complex, there was a only a 50:50 chance that the cholecystectomy could be achieved laparospically. On the day of surgery Christian came to see me before the procedure and put me totally at ease that he and his team would do their utmost to complete the operation as non invasively as possible, but carefully informed my of the risks and potential complications. I was thoroughly delighted that shortly after waking, Christian informed me that a laparoscopy had been successful. I was also very pleased, as was my husband, that Christian had informed him immediately after the procedure to put his mind at rest which was particularly important after the ordeal of the previous summer when I came close to losing my life. I am now fully fit and well, enjoying food and exercise again and cannot recommend Christian Macutiewicz highly enough. He was friendly, courteous and reassuring throughout, demonstrating a genuine care and concern for my well-being both physically and emotionally. I cannot think of anything he could have done better and would encourage anyone requiring a similar procedure to seek his care.

21st August 2021

I can’t recommend this man highly enough. From the moment I met him he was the first doctor I had spoken to who listened to how I was feeling and explained exactly how I felt. By the time I had left my consultation with him he had put my mind at ease totally. He arranged for my surgery to take place very quickly. After my surgery all the care I received was great and Christian came to see me the next day to explain everything. I found him very professional and knowledgeable at all times. Once again I cannot thank him enough for what he did for me.

19th August 2021

I chose Mr Christian Macutkiewicz to carry out surgery to remove my gallbladder after reading his profile online. It was reassuring knowing it was a specialist subject area of his. Having met Christian at my initial appointment I was immediately put at ease by his warm and profession manner, he explained my condition and talked through the surgery in a way which was easily understandable. I felt confident that I had chosen wisely. The surgery went as planned, I was made to feel comfortable and safe in his and the surgical team's hands, all went perfectly. My post surgery follow up was again friendly but to the point. I would whole heartedly recommend Mr Macutkiewicz due to his professional reassuring manner and skill as a surgeon.

13th August 2021

Having suffered with gallbladder problems for some time, I was thankfully referred to Mr Christian Macutkiewicz for a consultation and subsequent laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Within a few days of my initial consultation, I unfortunately suffered another gallbladder attack which required swift attention, including an ERCP. I was able to speak directly with Christian when this occurred, who immediately acted to resolve the problem, above and beyond my expectations. On the day of my gallbladder removal, Christian spoke with me both before and after surgery, thoroughly explaining each step of the procedure, including what to expect during recovery. My recovery has been exactly as described and trouble-free. Christian is an exceptional communicator, demonstrates an extraordinary level of expertise and explains the situation and next steps in a way that’s informative yet simple to understand. All of which is delivered with great empathy and with patient care front and centre of mind. I cannot recommend Christian highly enough and thank him for resolving what had been 2 years of gallbladder problems prior to my initial consultation with Christian.

Mr Christian Macutkiewicz was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Consultant General, Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary & Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeon Speciality: Gallstones; Bile duct stones; Pancreas tumours; Pancreatic cysts; Liver cysts; Advanced laparoscopic surgery; Groin hernias; Inguinal hernias; Umbilical hernias; Laparoscopic hernia repair; Investigation of abdominal pains; Lipoma excision; Skin lump excisions; Acute pancreatitis; Chronic pancreatitis.

Doctors working at Kenmore Medical Centre