mr-christian-macutkiewicz

Mr Christian Macutkiewicz

20th July 2021

I was diagnosed with an inguinal hernia which needed repair. I first saw Mr Macutkiewicz for consultation as an outpatient and then as a day case for laparoscopic surgery to repair the hernia. From the first meeting Mr Macutkiewicz was both very caring and professional and took the time to explain the procedure and my options in language I could understand. He clearly explained all the benefits and risks of the surgery including the intimate questions I had which he answered with professional humour making all the discussions relaxed and easy going. On the day of the surgery, I was nervous, especially being in hospital during covid times. He listened to all my concerns and calmed me down about them without making me feel they were stupid or unimportant. The surgery went well, and Mr Macutkiewicz explained in detail what happened during the surgery and how long he expected it would take me to recover. All his predictions were correct and I followed his advice to the latter. My recovery is nearly complete which would indicate that the surgery was a success and Mr Macutkiewicz is indeed a skilled surgeon as well as being very kind and helpful. He went above and beyond what I expected and for that I am very grateful.

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
12th July 2021

I work in healthcare and was recommended Mr Macutkiewicz by clinical colleagues and colleagues in the healthcare industry, as a surgeon in the North West who could treat me for gallstones. My initial appointment was via video conference, which really suited my timetable. Mr Macutkiewicz was extremely personable and clearly very experienced from the start. I had a really enjoyable conversation and all my questions plus several others were clearly discussed, in which he set good expectation for the gallbladder removal surgery. Treatment at Spire Manchester was excellent and all the staff involved in each stage made it a great experience. I wasn't worried on the day of surgery so was able to enjoy the experience on the whole. I was visited by Mr Macutkiewicz in the morning ward round and after surgery; everything was clearly discussed at both times. Importantly the surgery went very well and I was walking around the same day. The limited pain I had afterwards, I was expecting and was able to manage well at home. After a few days I started to notice that other associated discomforts, which I have felt for a few years have also diminished. I couldn't thank him enough for his experience and skill and would happily recommend him to anyone else.

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
10th July 2021

What can I say about this This Surgeon apart from he’s amazing!! I was like a nervous wreck, he made me feel very safe in his hands. Mr Macutkiewicz came to see me before surgery and in recovery which I will never forgot !! And twice on the ward afterwards. Mr Macutkiewicz was very caring and I love the fact you feel like you’ve know him for ages. Amazing just Amazing.

21st May 2021

Mr Macutkiewicz is a very pleasant and extremely professional surgeon who explained everything about my operation, and the healing process in very understandable clear terms. I have no hesitation in recommending him because of the excellent service I received both before and after the operation.

26th April 2021

I highly recommend Dr. Macutkiewicz . I had a consultation with him prior to gallbladder removal operation over a video call and I received a detailed information about the procedure and all my questions were answered in a professional manner. I definitely trusted the doctor. On the day of the surgery, he walked me through the procedure again and made sure all remaining questions were answered. Few hours after the surgery I was seen by the doctor again to inform me how the procedure went, then results were discussed on the follow up call. He is definitely very experienced but what's important that he listens to his patients shows care and offers transparent explanations.

Mr Christian Macutkiewicz was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Consultant General, Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary & Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeon Speciality: Gallstones; Bile duct stones; Pancreas tumours; Pancreatic cysts; Liver cysts; Advanced laparoscopic surgery; Groin hernias; Inguinal hernias; Umbilical hernias; Laparoscopic hernia repair; Investigation of abdominal pains; Lipoma excision; Skin lump excisions; Acute pancreatitis; Chronic pancreatitis.

Doctors working at Kenmore Medical Centre