Manchester Royal Infirmary

Corbbett House, Oxford Road, Manchester, England, M13 9WL

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

14th February 2018

My granddad recently had a liver resection performed by Professor O’Reilly at this hospital (Manchester Royal Infirmary) and we cannot thank him and his team enough, they have given him his life back and when they say to people who is your hero?, mine will always be Professor O’Rielly. I’d also like to thank Sharan Ingram for being there for not only my Grandad, but also myself and his family. I was always able to call Sharan to ask any questions and query’s and she was always helpful. My grandad was diagnosed with liver cancer in December and had surgery in January. The care he received was outstanding from all of the staff. He went from surgery to recovery to ICU to HDU to Ward 8 and was finally discharged home 8 days post op. Again I can’t stress enough the amout of gratitude we have for the staff at this hospital. He is now back at home resting up after such major surgery and thanks to this hospital we get to have much more time with the amazing man I call grandad.

2nd February 2018

excellent treatment and hard working staff

10th January 2018

glad youre here

8th January 2018

I was admitted to the MRI on 23rd November 2017 and underwent a Liver Resection under the care of Mr Deshpande and his team. The planned admission outlined by Mr Deshpande for my surgery went ahead exactly as he had explained. He and his team were extremely professional, diligent and caring throughout my stay in hospital. The anaesthetist listened to my concerns, ensured that my pain control was managed effectively throughout and despite having had severe chest problems following previous operations, I experienced no adverse after effects following this one. The standard of care I received whilst recovering in the High Dependency Unit and whilst on Ward 8 was of the highest order and I can not praise the ward managers and staff highly enough. Specialist Nurse Alison Maugham provided a wealth of practical advice and it was hugely reassuring for myself and my wife to have someone as knowledgeable and experienced as her available on the end of the phone whilst I was recovering at home over the Christmas period. We are extremely grateful to all at the MRI for their efforts on my behalf and would unreservedly recommend them and their services to anyone who find themselves in the unfortunate position of needing them. Garry Davies (Nantwich)

4th January 2018

The standards at this hospital are poor beyond comprehension. After seeing the abysmal diagnosis, 'treatment', 'care' and 'monitoring' of family members who were unfortunate enough to be patients here I can't recommend the MRI to anybody. I'm struggling to find any positives - sorry but I have to be truthful.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »