Manchester Royal Infirmary

Corbbett House, Oxford Road, Manchester, England, M13 9WL

Written by a member of staff
11th January 2020

Lack of healthy canteen. Staff are good but terrible transfer time and lack of facilities

10th January 2020

All the staff at MRI were very caring and work extremely hard to ensure that you are fully informed about all aspects of your care. The HDU team in particular are so supportive to both patient and relatives and keep you fully updated with your recovery progress. My husband and I both attended the Surgery School prior to my operation and found this very helpful and informative particularly in relation to pre-op fitness and the visit to HDU. The only downside was the long length of time(in excess of 7 hours) waiting for medication on the day of discharge, eventually one of the ward nurses personally went to the pharmacy to collect it, due to the length of time I had been waiting.

8th January 2020

Great dedicated, friendly & helpful staff on HPB Ward 7. They showed respect to all patients. They had time to answer any concerns that I had during my eight days as a patient. Patients were outgoing too that one lady & I became friends during my stay which made it enjoyable.

21st October 2019

I always find all staff extremely helpful.

7th September 2019

My husband was the one being admitted and having surgery. We were both very impressed with the hospital and all the staff we came across. I am also a registered carer for my husband, who has mental health issues. The hospital ran a surgery school, which we found useful and helped to make my husband slightly less anxious, and informed us what to expect pre and post surgery. The tour to HDU was also good and I was reassured that I would be able to be with my husband as much as he needed me, and to be involved in his care if that was what we both wanted. The staff on HDU and on F8 were exceptional. I was given a 'Carer's pack' which I could fill in about my husband and his needs and interests etc. I felt that the nurses really did get to know us and create a bond. The 'sitter' service overnight, really surprised me, this provision was invaluable, after being at the hospital from 10.30am until 8.30pm everyday, I could go home and my mind was at ease knowing that someone was there to reassure my husband, get help for him if needed and could assist him to use the telephone if he needed to call me. Thank you to everyone we dealt with at the hospital...keep up the good work!

2nd September 2019

I spent the whole of my time on Ward 7 and could not fault any of the staff. From the Ward Manager to the porters, everyone was kind, caring and compassionate. I would never be afraid of being admitted to this unit ever again.

31st August 2019

My husband feels that he couldn't have been treated any better. He was in HDU (High Dependency Unit) where patients are monitored by two allocated nurses (one day, one night) who had just two patients to look after. When he no longer needed high level care he was transferred to Ward 11. Would be in a lot of pain if it weren't for the high dose painkillers but up on feet and walking. Passed the physio's tests yesterday so home today. Jolly good going for major abdominal surgery. Says a lot for the level of care and treatment from the top - Surgeon and her op team, Nurses, and all the other hospital staff who contribute to keeping the wards (and rest of hospital) clean and tidy.

31st July 2019

I was very impressed with the treatment I received by all the staff in the unit.

17th June 2019

Simply angels.

29th January 2019

The monitoring of food intake was not good. No one checked the amount of food consumed while a patient on ward 8 for 2 weeks.

{{category}} working at Manchester Royal Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Manchester Royal Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb4ij