Manchester Royal Infirmary

Corbbett House, Oxford Road, Manchester, England, M13 9WL

5th August 2018

My initial experience on Ward 12 was not great as they were short staffed and there were a number of issues during my first two weeks at the MRI prior to surgery. The surgical team were amazing and subsequent care on HDU and Ward 8 was great.

31st July 2018

Good all round

31st July 2018

Can not fault anything about the MRI. Staff and everyone were amazing. Thank you again On behalf of Mrs Doreen Gilroy.

10th July 2018

An excellent hispital.

29th May 2018

After leaving the surgery department I was transferred to HDU, about which I have no complaints as I was treated excellently. When I was transferred to the ward I unfortunately experienced austerity measures, which were unpleasant. There was not enough staff on the wards, especially at night. On one occasion at night I asked for a dressing to be changed 3 times but it wasn’t done because there were other priorities for the nurses to deal with. The food was not nice and a female ward next to ours was changed to a male ward and the patients on the female ward I was on no longer felt safe or secure; men came into our ward and caused issues at night, which was unacceptable. I was discharged by my surgeon and the stoma nurses 2 days early. Not long afterwards I was asked to leave my bed and sit in a ‘lounge’ until I was collected. The lounge was not comfortable, it consisted of high backed uncomfortable chairs that I refused to sit in so soon after surgery and wait, possibly for hours, for my partner to collect me. I felt like I was being kicked out of the place and it was extremely undignified. Whilst I accept that this was the situation it could have been dealt with in a more dignified and respectful way.