mr-amit-kumar-1

17th August 2020

Had total knee replacement - outpatient appointments were very helpful - options clearly outlined and explained. Pre surgery discussion given we were on edge of pandemic very supportive. Operation was successful- wound was really well stitched up, very neat and tidy. Post op support from Mr Kumar very good and discharged after three days.

15th August 2020

Amit gave me great confidence. He is clearly an experienced and skilled surgeon, who listens and responds in detail to questions. The operation went very smoothly and I recovered with little pain or discomfort. The whole team supporting the surgeon worked professionally and responded uncomplainingly to requests and problems.

30th July 2020

Initial consultation, various procedures given, options for full knee operation. Felt very confident with Mr Kumar, everything was explained before hand in great detail. Answered all my questions. Before and aftercare was excellent. Physio excellent, although through lockdown my Physio, Jordon, called on the phone on a weekly basis and sent exercise sheets via the internet. I am a very nervous patient and I will be having my other new knee with Mt Amit Kumar as he has given me great confidence on successful knee replacement. Excellent care.

Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary
18th July 2020

I had been referred to MRI hospital as they deal with cases like mine. I had been diagnosed of having an aggressively growing sarcoma on my right calf this year, Dr Kumar had given me my diagnosis and the treatment needed to happen to help get rid of the sarcoma, unfortunately, it was unexpected how the sarcoma had grown so big that it was impossible to save my limb, thus was best for me and my life to have an above knee amputation. Dr Kumar and RN Sarah had been so great and caring throughout. From the day I had my diagnosis, to the day of my surgery, and throughout my post-op whilst I was in hospital and regular clinic visits with him. He and RN Sarah, had made me feel at ease as I was scared and overwhelmed with everything that was happening and it all happened so quickly. I trusted and trust Dr Kumar and his specialty, he knew what was best for me and he had also sparred me my life. I am forever grateful for everything he has done for me along with the team. I could not fault anything under his and the teams care.

Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
14th January 2020

I met Mr Kumar for the first time at a consultation relating to my knee pain. I was very wary because I have fibromyalgia and was aware it might flare up. However following our chat I was reassured and had all my questions answered. Mr Kumar listened to me and I felt happy to go ahead with surgery. I took the view that ‘it would be one less pain’. I had surgery at the end of June 2019 and once through the worst of the pain I haven’t looked back. My fibromyalgia has been much worse following the surgery but my knee is great, and I achieved what I set out to, ‘one less pain‘ and it was always a gamble. I wouldn’t hesitate at all in recommending Mr Kumar, and should I need further surgery I will definitely return to him. He is affable and professional and puts you at ease. The whole experience under his care I will definitely give 5*****

Mr Amit Kumar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Amit Kumar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He is also the Clinical Director of Sarcoma for Greater Manchester Cancer. His specialist interests are hip and knee surgery including joint replacement and knee arthroscopy along with soft tissue and metastatic bone disease. He is a member of the Greater Manchester and Oswestry Sarcoma Service. He also provides a Rapid Access Lump clinic with easy access consultations and same day investigations.

Nearest Oncologists