mr-amit-kumar-1

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
25th July 2021

Just been discharged from the spire hospital after having a left knee replacement under my consultant Mr kumar . Mr kumar is a very skilled and experienced surgeon who goes the extra mile for his patients . Mr kumar and his medical team were amazing at reassuring me ,before and after my procedure ,as was very nervous about having it done . I had right knee replacement done in January 2021 by mr kumar and have had great success with it . Mr kumar with all his skill and expertise has enabled me to get my life back after suffering debilitating pain and reduced mobility for a number of years . I would recommend Mr kumar to everyone he is an amazing & respected surgeon .

Written by a private patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
7th July 2021

Mr Kumar was an excellent, efficient and friendly consultant from the moment I met him. He explained everything to me and the procedures I was going to experience during my operation and aftercare. He organised blood tests, xrays, physiotherapy, occupational health therapy and I know he contacted my spinal surgeon at Hope Hospital and my G.P. I felt confident knowing that I was in thorough and safe hands with Mr Kumar. After the operation I honestly felt like a new woman. Before I was existing but now I have got my life back and I'm enjoying it to the full especially with my grandsons, who only knew me to be an invalid. I cannot thank him enough

Written by a NHS patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
7th July 2021

I had my right knee replacement. My pain went right away and I am now walking unlimited distances. The care by Mr Kumar was excellent and I am delighted with the surgery. I would thoroughly recommend the surgery and Mr Kumar to others. Food could have been better but otherwise cant fault the care!

Written by a private patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
2nd July 2021

I saw Mr Kumar regarding a large lump on my thigh. He referred me for a scan very quickly. He took time to explain all possibilities to me. He was friendly, courteous and professional, which meant I was at ease asking questions. Luckily it turned out to be a harmless lipoma. I was operated on very quickly and I am now healing nicely - thank you very much!

Written by a NHS patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
30th June 2021

I was under the care of Mr. Kumar for a total hip replacement. Upon first meeting him he went through all my symptoms with me and explained everything to me in an understandable manner. He listened to my questions and answered them quickly and honestly. On the day of my surgery he came to see me and again went through the procedure with me and again asking if I had any concerns or questions I needed answering. We had previously discussed anaesthesia and I decided that spinal anaesthesia was what I wanted and he again we talked it through. After surgery was completed Mr Kumar came to see me and explained that the surgery had gone well and informed me of what type of hip he had used. He visited me every day to see how I was progressing and to see if I had any worries or concerns. I saw him in outpatients 6 weeks after the operation where I was able to thank him properly for the surgery he had performed as I had no more pain and I had gained my mobility back. Mr Kumar is a lovely gentleman who is also very caring and only wants the best experience for his patient and throughout made me feel at ease . I was an NHS patient who saw Mr Kumar at the BMI hospital, Highfield Rochdale.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Amit Kumar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He is also the Clinical Director of Sarcoma for Greater Manchester Cancer. His specialist interests are hip and knee surgery including joint replacement and knee arthroscopy along with soft tissue and metastatic bone disease. He is a member of the Greater Manchester and Oswestry Sarcoma Service. He also provides a Rapid Access Lump clinic with easy access consultations and same day investigations.

Nearest Oncologists