mr-amit-kumar-1

27th January 2021

I found Mr Kumar to be friendly, professional and detailed in his explanation of my condition and the treatment required to repair it. Having agreed to surgery under spinal anaesthetic I felt totally confident in Mr Kumar’s manner and skill during the surgery. Mr Kumar saw me after surgery and over the next few weeks, I felt he explained how things had gone and what to expect post op very clearly. I have total confidence in this pleasant and skilled surgeon and happily recommend him.

Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary
10th December 2020

As discussed at my last meeting I was very pleased with the attention and progress once I was referred to you but felt that prior to that the process seemed relatively slow. However, on investigation, it looks like there was a flaw in the referral system as my doctor asked for a referral to the Sarcoma unit 17th Dec 2019 but the referral unit referred me to the Orthopaedics department at Oldham hospital? Perhaps this could be looked into as it appears that this may have been unnecessary and a referral direct to yourselves would have been a better course of action. I hope this helps and if you need anything else please let me know. Once referred to you, as I said earlier, I was very pleased with the attention and progress. Regards Alan

31st October 2020

It is now 1 year since my hip replacement. I met with Mr Kumar this month for a final x-ray and so that he could assess my progress. I first left a long review on this site in December 2019, about two months after surgery. This additional report is simply to say that the courteous and professional service received throughout this past year has been superb. I feel that my new hip has always been a part of me, it functions well and is pain free. Everything I said last December stands and I will not hesitate to ask Mr Kumar to carrry out surgery on my other hip when this becomes necessary. For anyone apprehensive about hip surgery I would say that Mr Kumar is a very pleasant doctor who will listen carefully to you, then fully explain the procedure, you can feel at ease and confident.

17th August 2020

Had total knee replacement - outpatient appointments were very helpful - options clearly outlined and explained. Pre surgery discussion given we were on edge of pandemic very supportive. Operation was successful- wound was really well stitched up, very neat and tidy. Post op support from Mr Kumar very good and discharged after three days.

15th August 2020

Amit gave me great confidence. He is clearly an experienced and skilled surgeon, who listens and responds in detail to questions. The operation went very smoothly and I recovered with little pain or discomfort. The whole team supporting the surgeon worked professionally and responded uncomplainingly to requests and problems.

Mr Amit Kumar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Amit Kumar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He is also the Clinical Director of Sarcoma for Greater Manchester Cancer. His specialist interests are hip and knee surgery including joint replacement and knee arthroscopy along with soft tissue and metastatic bone disease. He is a member of the Greater Manchester and Oswestry Sarcoma Service. He also provides a Rapid Access Lump clinic with easy access consultations and same day investigations.

Nearest Oncologists