Mr Amit Kumar

Mr Amit Kumar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He is also the Clinical Director of Sarcoma for Greater Manchester Cancer. His specialist interests are hip and knee surgery including joint replacement and knee arthroscopy along with soft tissue and metastatic bone disease. He is a member of the Greater Manchester and Oswestry Sarcoma Service. He also provides a Rapid Access Lump clinic with easy access consultations and same day investigations.

1st September 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Amit Kumar is an excellent surgeon I am extremely satisfied with the procedure Mr Kumar did for me he explained everything to me and I understood what he was doing the surgery went well and the after care was excellent I could not have been better cared for anywhere Thankyou Mr Kumar and all the staff at the Alexandra hospital Kind regards John T Lewis

11th August 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Mr Kumar put me immediately at ease and explained thoroughly what my procedure would entail. He answered all questions that were put to him perfectly. My pre op procedures were done quickly and efficiently. Mr Kumar saw me after my operation explaining in detail what he had done after six weeks I had my follow up appointment and once again he explained fully what he had found and corrected. I was discharged but was assured that I could contact him at any time should there be any problems.

9th August 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Mr Kumar seemed genuinely interested in my hip condition and kept me informed all the way regarding the treatment he was giving to me .

8th August 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

My hip osteoarthritis became gradually worse over a couple of years. Mr Kumar explained the treatment options clearly. When I decided on a hip replacement, he was very thorough in advising the pros and cons. My hospital stay was excellent and his support and care after the operation as well as that of the physios and nurses was first rate. I would highly recommend Mr Kumar.

5th August 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

He was very clear at what was happening but in a way that made you relax and comfortable, he answered any question I asked without making me feel silly for asking little questions! All the staff were very approachable and friendly and made you feel like a person not just a statistic, well done everyone x

Nearest Oncologists