Mr Amit Kumar

Mr Amit Kumar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He is also the Clinical Director of Sarcoma for Greater Manchester Cancer. His specialist interests are hip and knee surgery including joint replacement and knee arthroscopy along with soft tissue and bone sarcomas. He is a member of the Greater Manchester and Oswestry Sarcoma Service. He also provides a Rapid Access Lump clinic with easy access consultations and same day investigations.

« 1 2 3 4 »

2nd May 2019
Written by a patient at Trafford General Hospital

I am a retired nurse and never seen a doctor for 25 years. My hip however became a problem and was very painful. Mr Kumar identified the problem straight away and promptly replaced my hip. I've had a total hip replacement and a first class experience at Trafford General Hospital and cannot recommend him enough! I am now walking independently for the first time in several year, i can do gardening and looking after children again! Thank you Mr Kumar!

29th March 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I wouldn't hesitate to have a hip replacement again particularly as it has made a vast improvement to my life and activity. I am back in the gym and walking miles. Thoroughly recommended. Mr Kumar has really communicated well , explained things in a clear manner which has been refreshing and given me confidence.

22nd March 2019
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

Since coming to see Mr Kumar i have had knee problems for several years, and he got to the bottom of it very quickly. I have since had successful surgery and back to normal activity with his teams help and now playing football! i cannot thank him enough and recommend him to anyone with a knee problem!

12th September 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I have recently undergone total right knee replacement surgery by Mr Amit Kumar. Throughout the whole process, Mr Kumar has been extremely approachable, explained everything very clearly and honestly regarding my surgery and what to expect post-surgery and the effort and exercises I would be required to do to, to ensure the very best result from my operation. Prior to my operation I was very debilitated for quite a long time and in constant pain due to the severe arthritis in my knee, which was also out of alignment with my leg and the cartilage had completely worn away. It had a severe impact on every part of my daily life, including lack of sleep/poor sleep every night as a result of the constant pain and great discomfort. I cannot thank Mr Kumar enough for my new knee replacement as I now have a perfect knee that works brilliantly and is pain free! The relief from the constant pain and disability is wonderful and I have been able to resume all my old activities. Many thanks once again to Mr Amit Kumar from Valerie Wayne.

7th September 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

After being in pain for over 2 years and seeing other Doctors who didn't listen or show any interest in what was happening to me, Along came Dr Kumar who Listened and found out that my Hip had totally gone. within 3 months he had me in replaced my hip and has given me a new lease of life at the age of 71. Not only does he listen to you he goes above and beyond to care and respect your needs. I would differently recommend him

« 1 2 3 4 »