mr-amit-kumar-1

4th April 2021

Mr Kumar and his surgical team gave their total dedication, kindness and help to me. Nothing was too much trouble for anyone.

Written by a private patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
20th March 2021

I was a private patient who was treated by Mr Kumar at the Alexander Hospital in Cheadle. I had a total knee replacement in Feb under his care. It's 7weeks since my surgery and all l can say is 10million thanks to him and his team. I have been pain free since waking from my surgery and l am now on my way to a full recovery. Any of my friends who require Orthopedic Hip or Knee surgery l will be the first to recommend him. I am more than happy with the treatment l received under his care.

Written by a private patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
18th March 2021

I am a retired nurse and midwife. From the first consultation with Mr Kumar he listened to my concerns and was attentive, polite and professional. My surgery was carried out very well and I am making a good recovery. I would highly recommend Mr Kumar for both his skills and all round care.

24th February 2021

He gave options and a cooling off period if I wanted. He discussed what would happen beforehand and then again afterwards. Unfortunately I have a head like a sieve so rarely remember detail. All I can say was that my overall experience with Mr Amit Kumar was positive.

4th February 2021

I was experiencing pain and discomfort in my lower back and walking quite awkwardly. After an X-ray, Mr K quickly diagnosed an arthritic hip and booked me in for a total replacement operation. I was somewhat apprehensive but the whole process was reassuring and thoroughly professional. The operation was totally successful, very little pain or stiffness and the post operative care immaculate. After about 5 weeks I was fully active, biking, running and bending with no after effects. I can unreservedly recommend Mr K as a first class surgeon with a highly empathetic approach.

Mr Amit Kumar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He is also the Clinical Director of Sarcoma for Greater Manchester Cancer. His specialist interests are hip and knee surgery including joint replacement and knee arthroscopy along with soft tissue and metastatic bone disease. He is a member of the Greater Manchester and Oswestry Sarcoma Service. He also provides a Rapid Access Lump clinic with easy access consultations and same day investigations.

Nearest Oncologists