mr-amit-kumar-1

25th July 2022

Very approachable, professional and skilled surgeon. I have had a total knee replacement and latterly a repair to a meniscus tear and debridement. At each operation I felt cared for, in good hands and fully informed of what was to be done and the result I could expect. I consider the cost of each operation to have been fair and took advantage of the naught percent interest payment plan. I am extremely pleased with the results of both surgeries and would not hesitate to consult Mr Kumar in the future if necessary.

23rd July 2022

Mr Kumar gave me wonderful surgery and care. I have had 2 joint replacements by him and done very well following my surgeries. He is caring and always ready to answer my questions. My surgery was done at the Spire Hospital in Manchester. I would recommend Mr Kumar and also the Spire Hospital for giving me excellent surgery and care.

8th July 2022

This is a belated review. I saw Mr Kumar a few months ago as a private patient for a lipoma removal. He was very professional and put me at ease despite my anxiety. I am very happy with the care I received and thoroughly recommend him. Thank you Mr Kumar!

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
1st July 2022

Dr Kumar is a wonderful human being . He overlooked and navigated our case from the nhs to private in the most efficient and timely manner . Couldn’t be more grateful for his care and concern towards my family . His attention to detail and ensuring the best with only the patient in mind .

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
24th June 2022

My initial knee op and the subsequent complications with a bursa could have been hindered by my switching from private to NHS halfway through. Dr Kumar was so helpful and ensured I got excellent treatment throughout. I will always be grateful to him for getting me back running again when I thought I was going to have to give up Highly recommended

Mr Amit Kumar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Amit Kumar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He is also the Clinical Director of Sarcoma for Greater Manchester Cancer. His specialist interests are hip and knee surgery including joint replacement and knee arthroscopy along with soft tissue and metastatic bone disease. He is a member of the Greater Manchester and Oswestry Sarcoma Service. He also provides a Rapid Access Lump clinic with easy access consultations and same day investigations.

Nearest Oncologists