Mr Amit Kumar

Mr Amit Kumar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He is also the Clinical Director of Sarcoma for Greater Manchester Cancer. His specialist interests are hip and knee surgery including joint replacement and knee arthroscopy along with soft tissue and metastatic bone disease. He is a member of the Greater Manchester and Oswestry Sarcoma Service. He also provides a Rapid Access Lump clinic with easy access consultations and same day investigations.

Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
11th November 2019

I came to see Mr Kumar a few days ago. He made me feel totally relaxed and within 24 hours I was having a CT and MRI for diagnostic purposes. I would highly recommend him.

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
9th October 2019

Very pleasant and professional. Explained everything about my injury in terms I understood. I felt very relaxed in his company, ss did the family that accompanied me to my appointment. He had the ball rolling on my second appointment by speaking to a colleague about my condition and organised a referral for me with an appointment to see him within 2 days. I think mr Kumar is fantastic. I would highly recommend him to anyone who has a problem in his field. His time keeping is excellent too. What’s not to like ? Fantastic.

Written by a carer at Manchester Royal Infirmary
9th October 2019

Dr Kumar has been an excellent consultant ever since my father was referred to him. He has an excellent bedside manner and has a very calm, careful and considered approach which makes the patient feel at ease with him. His attitude makes the waiting time worth the wait!

Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary
3rd October 2019

I first met Mr Kumar in February 2018 after being diagnosed with Sarcoma. My world had just turned upside down and I was absolutely terrified of every second of every day. Mr Kumar instantly provided the information, the answers, the action plan and the support I was desperate for and I instantly found reassurance that I couldn’t have been in safer hands. What was to follow terrified me - the speed and efficiency was incredible but the severity hit home everyday with chest xrays, CT scans, MRIs and a further operation. However, at every stage, he and his staff were accessible, supportive and compassionate. My tears and terror was accommodated at every appointment and nothing was ever too trivial for him to give me his time. I’m now 18 months on from there and see Mr Kumar every six months. He continues to fill me with the same reassurance and I cannot praise him enough for the care he has given to me. I genuinely have no suggestions on how he could improve the care I have received, he really is my hero!

Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
1st October 2019

Mr Amit Kumar is an excellent surgeon. I am extremely satisfied with the procedure Mr Kumar performed on two knee replacements. He explained everything to me and both operations were very successful giving me a better quality of life. Thank you Mr Kumar and all the staff at the Spire Hospital.

Nearest Oncologists