Mr Amit Kumar

Mr Amit Kumar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He is also the Clinical Director of Sarcoma for Greater Manchester Cancer. His specialist interests are hip and knee surgery including joint replacement and knee arthroscopy along with soft tissue and bone sarcomas. He is a member of the Greater Manchester and Oswestry Sarcoma Service. He also provides a Rapid Access Lump clinic with easy access consultations and same day investigations.

12th September 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital

I have recently undergone total right knee replacement surgery by Mr Amit Kumar. Throughout the whole process, Mr Kumar has been extremely approachable, explained everything very clearly and honestly regarding my surgery and what to expect post-surgery and the effort and exercises I would be required to do to, to ensure the very best result from my operation. Prior to my operation I was very debilitated for quite a long time and in constant pain due to the severe arthritis in my knee, which was also out of alignment with my leg and the cartilage had completely worn away. It had a severe impact on every part of my daily life, including lack of sleep/poor sleep every night as a result of the constant pain and great discomfort. I cannot thank Mr Kumar enough for my new knee replacement as I now have a perfect knee that works brilliantly and is pain free! The relief from the constant pain and disability is wonderful and I have been able to resume all my old activities. Many thanks once again to Mr Amit Kumar from Valerie Wayne.

7th September 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

After being in pain for over 2 years and seeing other Doctors who didn't listen or show any interest in what was happening to me, Along came Dr Kumar who Listened and found out that my Hip had totally gone. within 3 months he had me in replaced my hip and has given me a new lease of life at the age of 71. Not only does he listen to you he goes above and beyond to care and respect your needs. I would differently recommend him

20th June 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

I endorse all the positive comments made by other patients of Mr. Kumar, but would add that for a very affable person who encourages questions and discussion he still maintains the necessary professional doctor/patient relationship. Should I be unfortunate enought to need a hip replacement on my right side I would certainly be happy to have him carry out the operation. Pre and post op. care were excellent.

26th June 2018
Response from Mr Amit Kumar

Many thanks for your review and kind words.

8th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital

Extremely professional and too experience to give best medical opinion and care for patients. Highly recommended Many thanks

7th May 2018
Written by a patient at BMI The Highfield Hospital

MR KUMAR WAS SUCH A CARING GENTLEMAN IF I NEEDED ANY MORE TREATMENT I WOULD HOPE I COULD HAVE HIM TO LOOK AFTER ME AGAIAN THANKYOU SO MUCH MR KUMAR JOYCE FLETCHER .

Nearest Oncologists