mr-amit-kumar-1

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
14th January 2020

I met Mr Kumar for the first time at a consultation relating to my knee pain. I was very wary because I have fibromyalgia and was aware it might flare up. However following our chat I was reassured and had all my questions answered. Mr Kumar listened to me and I felt happy to go ahead with surgery. I took the view that ‘it would be one less pain’. I had surgery at the end of June 2019 and once through the worst of the pain I haven’t looked back. My fibromyalgia has been much worse following the surgery but my knee is great, and I achieved what I set out to, ‘one less pain‘ and it was always a gamble. I wouldn’t hesitate at all in recommending Mr Kumar, and should I need further surgery I will definitely return to him. He is affable and professional and puts you at ease. The whole experience under his care I will definitely give 5*****

Written by a patient at Manchester Royal Infirmary
17th December 2019

I was referred to Dr Kumar three years ago with a sarcoma in the thigh, from my first appointment through surgery he was completely honest with me regarding what he was going to do and what the outcome would be. I have nothing but gratitude for the way i have been treated by Dr Kumar and his team. after surgery he came to see me on the ward to inform me of what he had done and that there was no residue cancer . I found him very honest and sympathetic while at the same time sure of what he was going to do. I would highly recommend Dr Kumar to anyone.

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
17th December 2019

My first appointment with Mr Kumar was last Summer, I had been experiencing deteriorating hip joints for many years and finally decided to seek a specialists opinion. My career had been in a field where nothing less than a constant dedication and accuracy in skill and communication was required, I wondered how I would feel following the coming meeting. I found Mr Kumar to be very easy to talk to, he listened carefully to my explanation of medical history and also explained in detail the options for surgery to replace my defective joint. My wife and I finished that meeting feeling confident that we were in good hands and readily agreed to surgery being arranged. Mr Kumar visited me prior to surgery and daily during the short stay in hospital, again I felt that he was thorough and a pleasure to talk to, I always felt that he, and indeed the whole team of specialists supporting him, were constantly providing professional and courteous attention. I recently attended a follow up appointment with Mr Kumar, during which he explained his intention to monitor my progress over the next year and that I could always contact him should I have any questions. It is now some two months since the surgery was completed, I have no regrets about deciding to have the surgery, I am delighted with the steady improvement of my leg, and would thoroughly recommend Mr Kumar for hip replacement surgery.

Written by a patient at Spire Manchester Hospital
13th December 2019

From the outset Mr Amit Kumar put me at ease regarding the surgery to be carried out. I found him friendly, professional and caring apart from being a highly skilful surgeon. In the space of 6 months I have had both knees replaced and I am now pain free and able to walk properly for the first time in more than 10 years thanks to Mr Kumars skill.I hold him in the highest regard and would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone who cared to ask me.

Written by a patient at BMI The Alexandra Hospital
5th December 2019

On my initial consultation with Mr Kumar he discussed all the options available to treat my painful arthritic knee .He wrote everything down for me and I was left time to consider and study everything involved.I told him that I agreed to a full knee replacement operation as my knee was not getting any better and affecting my lifestyle and mobility. He did a really good job, excellent and just over six weeks later I am the happiest I've been for ten years and now fully realise what I was missing .My neighbours and friends say I look healthier and I am able to get about independently once more without the terrible pain I had and fear of my knee giving way. I was "Self funded" and my daughter says that It is the best money I ever spent , I agree with her for once .The follow up physiotherapy is certainly tailor made but well worth the effort, quite enjoyable now I'm reaping the rewards.Many thanks to all involved.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mr Amit Kumar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Mr Amit Kumar is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. He is also the Clinical Director of Sarcoma for Greater Manchester Cancer. His specialist interests are hip and knee surgery including joint replacement and knee arthroscopy along with soft tissue and metastatic bone disease. He is a member of the Greater Manchester and Oswestry Sarcoma Service. He also provides a Rapid Access Lump clinic with easy access consultations and same day investigations.

Nearest Oncologists