Salford Royal Hospital

Stott Lane, Salford, England, M6 8HD

6th October 2021

After suffering great discomfort for some 18 months, after an MRI scan revealed I had a prolapsed L4/L5 disc, I was referred to Mr Saxena at the Royal Salford Hospital, on meeting me he was attentive and listened/observed the pain and discomfort I was in, and the effect it was having on a day to day life, He arranged for a operation date after a further MRI to see how much worse the problem was from the pervious MRI scan, this is when I had my first pre-op ready for the operation, at this time Covid19 struck, and lock down first happened, then on the pre-op during the ECG they found I also had LBBB ( Left Bundle Branch Blockage) so I then had to await for a cardio specialist to do an a full Echocardiogram and other tests, having done this and getting the all clear arrangements were made for an operation date, this was delayed due to the second lockdown and all the previous pre-ops where now out of date, however his secretary kept me updated via email on the situation, I eventually had the operation on the 20th August 2021, as a day case, after going to recovery and then to the discharge ward Mr Saxena arrived at 4pm about an hour or so before I was due to leave, he then proceeded to say that the surgery had gone well and asked how I was feeling, I was by this time up and walking around the ward feeling as through nothing was wrong with me in the first place, Mr Saxena said he would arrange a post op review in a few weeks to see how I was progressing, this took place on Monday the 4th October via telephone as restrictions are still in place for face to face visits to restrict the transfer of any possible infections carried into the hospital by out-patients, Mr Saxena was happy with what I had to tell him and he said he would discharge me from then on, but with the knowledge that I could contact him in the future via his secretary via email if there was any problems, I can honestly say that even through it has taken over 18/24 months to get it operated on and now feeling able to do my day to day tasks this was not his fault, it was just the lockdown and my own personal hidden problems, but once all this was taken into consideration everything was carried out quickly and effectively, I would also like to thank all of his staff who did all the checks at pre-op and on the day of the surgery for being absolutely wonderful and attentive during these hard times, If you have these sorts of problems with your mobility due to a prolapsed disc, then I recommend asking for his assistance as I am really impressed with how I was treated from start to finish.

16th June 2021

My wife was a patient after her neurosurgery for 10 days at salford royal hospital. The staff and the team were second to none and their support and care was far and beyond the duty of care. As a family we were fortunate to be in the care of such experienced staff at the hospital and would recommend salford royal to all.

24th May 2021

Every department I visited inSalford Royal had helpful caring staff. The anaesthetics team I had for my surgery were outstanding and made me feel safe and cared for. The neurosurgery Secretary I had frequent contact with was super efficient, very understanding and reliable with her information and she kept me well informed. Sometimes the wait to be seen was longer than you would want, but that is my only criticism. The Doctors I saw were top class and I was very glad to be treated there.

27th April 2021

Apart from the excellent intervention by Mr D van Popta & his team . I would also like to mention & Thank the Ambulance team Jasper and his female colleague who transfered me to the hospital they were very pleasant , courteous & kind. Also the excellent care given by the Nursing & Medical staff on Ward 8 I also the obsereved physiotherapists, OT ,porters , cleaners all pleasant and caring with patients. The choices and quality of the food was very good. Communication between staff and with individual patients was good and I was updated on my progress daily . My personal and treatment needs were fully met in a professional and courteous manner . A positive outcome to my stay at Salford was most important to me & beneficial . Thank you .

6th April 2021

The neurosurgery department were absolutely fantastic however the endocrinology are somewhat to be desired

16th February 2021

I have been a patient at Salford Royal in both Gastroenterology and Rheumatology and other specialist areas since 2012. Having spent a number of long periods at the hospital as an In Patient and continuing as an Out Patient, the care and attention I have received has been excellent. Almost everyone I have interacted with in this time, which must now be hundreds of people, ranging from the Consultants to the general staff have been fantastic in clinical activities, general administration through to day to day supportive chats - always friendly and reassuring. Even with the current Covid-19 pandemic the care and attention has continued at a very high level despite the tremendous pressures and stress. I would and constantly do recommend Salford Royal and the teams to other people.

13th January 2021

Mr Leach was my Surgeon, I was diagnosed with an ependymoma and large cystic mass in my spinal cord. Surgery was my only option otherwise I would of been paralysed. He was thorough and straight to the point and explained the surgery was very risky, however he had to tell me this. I basically had to trust him and go with it. Surgery was carried out 18th Nov 20 I was under 5.5 hours, he ended up amputating part of spinal cord due to the tumour being entwined. I am here to tell the tale, was back driving within a week walked following day. Feeling better than I did prior to the Surgery, I know its going to be continual monitoring etc but alive and kicking. I totally felt at ease and trusted him, when you actually speak to him he is straight down the line, which I prefer. He is a true Professional and is very knowledgeable in this area of medicine. I would highly recommend Mr. John Leach, if you are unluckily diagnosed with similar conditions to mine.

{{category}} working at Salford Royal Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Salford Royal Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4cv