Oaklands Hospital

19 Lancaster Road, Salford, England, M6 8AQ

18th April 2019

Although my stay was only for 3nights after my knee replacement,i can't complain about the care and attention i received.From the nursing staff,the physio.. the care was excellent.Some reviews criticized the the food, It was freshly prepared good variety and tasty.After all it is a hospital not a fine dining restaurant,i personally could not fault it.

22nd February 2019

I had been referred to this hospital after waiting a year and a half on the NHS waiting list (that's a whole different story) it ended with the consultant "not caring" (his words) to do a surgery like mine so I moved to Oaklands after complaining to my GP. Turned up in October to the appointment and I was seen by a lovely doctor called Dr Gill, who said he wasn't specialised in knee surgeries so was going to refer me to the doctor who turned me down at Salford Royal. Obviously, I said I wouldn't want him to do it, so Dr Gill assured me that there was another surgeon who could do my operation. I've waited months for a letter or phone call but haven't heard anything. I've moved house to Wales and the consultants there have said they would take my case if I have the referral from Oaklands. I've contacted them numerous times and have left 9 messages over the last 4 months and had nothing back.

15th February 2019

I was referred to this hospital by my GP following changes down below. Initially, the service was great. Dr Gupta is a very understanding doctor, explains things clearly and will do her best to help, I highly recommend her. I had a biopsy with her in May last year, which was arranged very, very quickly following my first appointment. I now require another. However, prior to this, I've been told I need to have an ultrasound scan. And this is where the one star rating comes in (which is more than it deserves) I was referred for the scan in November and told I'd receive an appointment through the post within a couple of weeks. Nothing came through, so I called the radiology department, no answer, left a message, no response. A week later, I called to change my address and speak to the radiology department again, no answer when put through and no response to the message I left. Called again, left another message, no response. This has been the case every week until the end of January when I receive a letter, redirected from my old address (so they're not even able to update an address correctly!) asking if I still require the scan? Seriously?! I've been calling repeatedly for two months and they ask if it's still required?? If I don't respond within 10 working days I'll be referred back to my consultant for possible discharge! There's an email address on the letter to respond to as well as their phone number. As their phone number clearly doesn't work, I emailed. Auto response says they'll respond within 5 working days. Guess what? No response. I emailed again on the 6th working day, no response. Emailed on the 9th working day and the 13th working day, I even copied in their head office, still no response. When you're worrying about what the worst case scenario could be with your changes (i.e. cancer) the last thing you need is to be completely ignored when trying to make an appointment to get it checked out. I can't believe they charge people to be treated this way. Avoid this hospital like the plague. I really wish I'd gone to Salford Royal.

3rd February 2019

Every nurse and health care professional we encountered at the Oaklands were genuinely caring and clearly dedicated to their work. We felt in safe hands throughout. The nurses and physios were superb. Thank you.

31st January 2019

From beginning to end made to feel like nothing was too much. Treated by mr maxwell for knee surgery. Handled very professional. All staff including consultants and nursing staff were excellent and very approachable. Would definitely use this hospital again. Definitely recommend.

{{category}} working at Oaklands Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Oaklands Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4n8