Oaklands Hospital

19 Lancaster Road, Salford, England, M6 8AQ

15th February 2019

I was referred to this hospital by my GP following changes down below. Initially, the service was great. Dr Gupta is a very understanding doctor, explains things clearly and will do her best to help, I highly recommend her. I had a biopsy with her in May last year, which was arranged very, very quickly following my first appointment. I now require another. However, prior to this, I've been told I need to have an ultrasound scan. And this is where the one star rating comes in (which is more than it deserves) I was referred for the scan in November and told I'd receive an appointment through the post within a couple of weeks. Nothing came through, so I called the radiology department, no answer, left a message, no response. A week later, I called to change my address and speak to the radiology department again, no answer when put through and no response to the message I left. Called again, left another message, no response. This has been the case every week until the end of January when I receive a letter, redirected from my old address (so they're not even able to update an address correctly!) asking if I still require the scan? Seriously?! I've been calling repeatedly for two months and they ask if it's still required?? If I don't respond within 10 working days I'll be referred back to my consultant for possible discharge! There's an email address on the letter to respond to as well as their phone number. As their phone number clearly doesn't work, I emailed. Auto response says they'll respond within 5 working days. Guess what? No response. I emailed again on the 6th working day, no response. Emailed on the 9th working day and the 13th working day, I even copied in their head office, still no response. When you're worrying about what the worst case scenario could be with your changes (i.e. cancer) the last thing you need is to be completely ignored when trying to make an appointment to get it checked out. I can't believe they charge people to be treated this way. Avoid this hospital like the plague. I really wish I'd gone to Salford Royal.

3rd February 2019

Every nurse and health care professional we encountered at the Oaklands were genuinely caring and clearly dedicated to their work. We felt in safe hands throughout. The nurses and physios were superb. Thank you.

31st January 2019

From beginning to end made to feel like nothing was too much. Treated by mr maxwell for knee surgery. Handled very professional. All staff including consultants and nursing staff were excellent and very approachable. Would definitely use this hospital again. Definitely recommend.

14th January 2019

I received excellent treatment in Oaklands when I had a hip replacement operation.

11th January 2019

The room allocated to me was clean and checked daily by the domestic staff. I was escorted down to theatre by staff who were polite and reassuring. My only concern is that the car parking situation should be addressed it is impossible to park at the hospital at times.

{{category}} working at Oaklands Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Oaklands Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4n8