Dr Richard Welch

• Oncology

10th September 2015
Written by a patient at Christie Hospital

With Dr Welch's wealth of experience you really feel in safe hands at a time when you are feeling vulnerable. He explains how your treatment is impacting on your cancer and what the next steps should be to give you a better quality of life. He is a very good listener and when my husband and I leave an appointment there are no unanswered questions.We are happy to put our complete trust in Dr Welch.

26th February 2014
Written by a carer at Christie Hospital

Dr Welch and his team have cared for my sister for five years. Dr Welch is compassionate and understands the concerns of his patients. He listens attentively and speaks to you as an individual. He will suggests treatments but also accepts that it is the individual's choice as to which route they decide to take. Jargon is explained and he makes sure the patient and relatives understand terminology.

21st April 2012
Written by a patient at Christie Hospital

Dr Welch has been "keeping me alive" for 15 years - I now have secondary breast cancer: incurable & terminal. He: (a) knows about and prescribes the latest treatments; (b) is always guided by how I am/feel, rather than just looking at scan/test results; (c) respects my concerns about balancing quality vs. quantity of life.

Nearest Oncologists