Mr Raman Malhotra

Raman Malhotra is an award-winning ophthalmic and oculoplastic surgeon whose work has received international recognition. He runs courses, gives lectures and speaks at medical institutions and conferences worldwide on topics ranging from facial nerve palsy to eyelid lifts and tear trough fillers. He has written textbooks and numerous medical papers that have been published in leading journals. He also runs a successful fellowship programme. In 2007, Mr Malhotra received the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award and in September 2011 he was awarded a National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health and in December 2015 he was awarded as Silver National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health. He has expertise in eyelid, orbital and lacrimal disorders. In particular, aesthetic eyelid surgery, ptosis surgery, thyroid eye disease, watery eyes, facial palsy, eyelid skin cancer management and reconstruction and facial dystonias such as blepharospasm. His website is: www.ramanmalhotra.com

25th January 2015
Written by a patient at Queen Victoria Hospital

After being diagnosed with a tumour that was in my eyebrow area, being a woman of 45 and one that has always taken care of my looks I was understandably fearful and had concerns of how I would look after sugery to remove it. I had a meeting with Mr Malhoutra who was extremely understanding of this. He explained fully how I would recover, look and we spoke about any further surgery he could perform to help me look how I had before the operation. I came away feeling totaly reassured by him, it felt like I had been listened to as a person not just a patient he was so professional, kind and sensitive that I had total confidence being in his hands. The tumour removal was successful, I have had two operations to improve my brow area and have just had a meeting with Mr Malhoutra to discuss a further procedure later this year. I truly feel having him as my surgeon I have recovered and regained my confidence on my apperance far quicker than I could have hoped for, he is such a personable man to meet with and talk frankly to on that I always come away feeling a bit happier and more positive. He realy has helped me through this rather difficult time in my life.

10th December 2014
Written by a patient at Queen Victoria Hospital

Mr Malhotra has quite simply improved my quality of life beyond recognition. He has reconstructed my lower eyelid, enabled me to open my upper eyelid fully and made a huge improvement to my appearance and self-confidence. He is hugely empathetic and also listens to what you have to say whilst noticing what you are not saying. He has always treated me with great sensitivity and the level of care I have received from him has been outstanding. No question is too trivial for him to take time to answer and he explains every procedure in great detail.

10th December 2014
Written by a carer at Queen Victoria Hospital

My mother was referred to Mr Malhotra in 2007 by the Local hospital how were unable to provide answer and result to the issues my mother was experiencing, she was subsequently diagnosed with Graves Disease. I have attend all the hospital appointments with my mother and I can only say that Mr Malhotra is an exceptional surgeon. He has listened to all our concerns coupled with providing the best advice, his professionalism is second to none and I would not hesitate to recommend him. He has a very calm approach and he is very patient. My mother felt complete at ease. We couldn't of asked for more.

1st November 2014
Written by a patient at Queen Victoria Hospital

After some awful experiences in other hospitals I consider myself very fortunate to have found someone who actually cares about the patient Someone who does his very best to help advise and put at ease who takes time to listen and understands how the patient is feeling The aftercare is brilliant I have never once been made to feel that I am wasting time I cannot recommend Mr Malhotra highly enough nor his team

9th October 2014
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

I've been seeing Mr Malhotra for about 3 years now for tear trough filler treatment. When I first went to see him, I looked like I had huge bags under my eyes. I had become very self-conscious about it and was considering either surgery or filler treatment. I chose Mr Malhotra for his qualifications and experience because I was concerned about the risks of any treatment. I was asked to bring along some photographs of how I looked when I was younger, and Mr Malhotra also took some photos as I looked now. Looking at these together, he advised that the restylane filler would produce a better result for me. I felt the consultation was very objective about my appearance, everything was explained well and there was absolutely no pressure to proceed with any treatment if I wasn't sure. But having decided to go ahead, I have been delighted with the results. It looks entirely natural, so most people don't notice but it has made me feel happier and confident again.

Nearest Ophthalmologists