Mr Raman Malhotra

Raman Malhotra is an award-winning ophthalmic and oculoplastic surgeon whose work has received international recognition. He runs courses, gives lectures and speaks at medical institutions and conferences worldwide on topics ranging from facial nerve palsy to eyelid lifts and tear trough fillers. He has written textbooks and numerous medical papers that have been published in leading journals. He also runs a successful fellowship programme. In 2007, Mr Malhotra received the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award and in September 2011 he was awarded a National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health and in December 2015 he was awarded as Silver National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health. He has expertise in eyelid, orbital and lacrimal disorders. In particular, aesthetic eyelid surgery, ptosis surgery, thyroid eye disease, watery eyes, facial palsy, eyelid skin cancer management and reconstruction and facial dystonias such as blepharospasm. His website is: www.ramanmalhotra.com

10th October 2019
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

Ramon Malhotra is a renowned and highly skilled Opthalmologist and Oculoplastic Surgeon. He recently carried out my eye surgery (orbital decompression linked to thyroid eye disease and strabismus surgery). I'm extremely happy with the results. My vision and eye movement are enhanced and the appearance of my eyes much improved. I have no hesitation in recommending Mr Malhotra for his surgical skills and for his very calm and reassuring manner before and after surgery.

11th August 2019
Written by a patient at Queen Victoria Hospital

I was first referred to Mr Malhotra about 5 yrs ago due to facial palsy causing problems with my eye.. I have just had my 5/6 operation (so many altogether i have lost count). Mr Malhotra is an amazing person, approchable, very understanding trust worthy, and is second to none in his speciality. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for eye surgery. The team that also work along side him are also amazing..

17th May 2019
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

I have been seeing Mr Malhotra for fillers and also botox for around 2 years and am very happy with the results. I have had fillers to the under eye to deal with shadows and hollowing and also the temple and brow area which were really ageing me. I have also had botox to the jaw line to deal with minor sagging. Mr malhotra has a very kind and calming manner and is very approachable yet highly professional. Totally natural results too. I am a very nervous patient and find him very reassuring and happy to deal with my questions and concerns. I would not hesitate to recommend him. his secretary Gill is also very friendly and accomodating.

9th May 2019
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

I first met with Mr Malhotra the year after surgery to remove a large acoustic neuroma (grade 1 brain tumour). The surgery had affected my ability to blink and I had lost corneal sensation in one eye. I had visited many different consultants around the UK, but I found no one as personable as Mr Malhotra. He completed six procedures in one surgery on my eye; including surgery to both the upper and lower lid and also inserted a platinum segment chain. The health of my eye has significantly improved since surgery - so much so, that other consultants have been astounded at the progress. Mr Malhotra took the time to listen carefully to my concerns and has subsequently gone out of his way to offer support and after care advice. His private secretary Gill is amazing and nothing is too much trouble. He is a highly skilled surgeon and I feel completely safe in his care. He is honest and realistic about what can be achieved and I am just so grateful for how much he has helped. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him.

23rd March 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I couldn’t have asked for better care, and results ! I’d been suffering from a weeping eye for +10yrs. My medical insurance plan sadly wouldn’t cover him so I was sent around the houses to various other consultants without success, so I guess he’s not the cheapest, but you definitely get what you pay for and he has resolved the problem. He is truly excellent in every way and would thoroughly recommend him to anyone.

Nearest Ophthalmologists