Mr Raman Malhotra

Raman Malhotra is an award-winning ophthalmic and oculoplastic surgeon whose work has received international recognition. He runs courses, gives lectures and speaks at medical institutions and conferences worldwide on topics ranging from facial nerve palsy to eyelid lifts and tear trough fillers. He has written textbooks and numerous medical papers that have been published in leading journals. He also runs a successful fellowship programme. In 2007, Mr Malhotra received the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award and in September 2011 he was awarded a National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health and in December 2015 he was awarded as Silver National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health. He has expertise in eyelid, orbital and lacrimal disorders. In particular, aesthetic eyelid surgery, ptosis surgery, thyroid eye disease, watery eyes, facial palsy, eyelid skin cancer management and reconstruction and facial dystonias such as blepharospasm. His website is: www.ramanmalhotra.com

23rd March 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I couldn’t have asked for better care, and results ! I’d been suffering from a weeping eye for +10yrs. My medical insurance plan sadly wouldn’t cover him so I was sent around the houses to various other consultants without success, so I guess he’s not the cheapest, but you definitely get what you pay for and he has resolved the problem. He is truly excellent in every way and would thoroughly recommend him to anyone.

16th February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

Rahman Malhotra performed an eye operation on me removing a nasty and unsightly mole from my eyelid in a challenging location. I was concerned that I would be potentially be disfigured from the surgery as it would require removal of a part of my eyelid but amazingly the eye has healed and looks almost completely normal. The mole has been removed and the fact that I had surgery is not noticeable. I found my experience with Dr Malhotra to be of the highest standard he takes great care with his patients during surgery and beforehand as well. During consultations he is approachable and easy going, explaining everything and answering any questions thoughtfully. I would definitely recommend Dr Malhotra and am grateful to have been under his care. He also has a great team, Gill his practice secretary is highly efficient and helpful and Dr Ali, the anaesthetist was also a gentleman.

19th October 2018
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

Having procrastinated about having my eyes done for many years, I am thrilled to say that the process could not have been easier and more painless under the extraordinary care of Mr Malhotra. From the initial contact with his exceptional PA Gill, to the post operative follow up, I can not fault the treatment and care I received. I was extremely well prepared for what was to happen and the procedure itself was smooth and painless. The support given to me throughout was second to none. The most inconvenient thing about it was the desperate boredom of staying indoors and trying to sleep upright for a few nights! If you are looking for a surgeon to perform any procedure on you, I can not rate Mr Malhotra more highly.

17th August 2018
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

Raman Malhotra - well what can I say - my two daughters and I have been having cosmetic treatments with him for 18 months - he is so kind and takes total interest in you - discussing in detail the treatment you are wanting to have - not only is he a kind man but a complete gentleman - he listens very carefully to what you say and gently advises you making you feel extremely confident - the results have been amazing and so natural - I don’t think you could find better than Raman. Follow ups by Gill the following day to check that you are ok is also much appreciated as if you did have any concerns you know they would be there to help, it’s continuous which again makes you feel confident. My daughters and I are so very happy with the results and also the way everything is done as I said at the beginning can not recommend Raman Malhotra enough - he is the BEST

13th July 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

Raman Malhotra performed an eyelid lift for me 3 weeks ago and I cannot recommend his services highly enough! He is professional and a highly skilled surgeon, who put me at ease throughout the operation so I had no nerves at all. The end results were brilliant, I had no bruising, only slight swelling which lasted a few days.

Nearest Ophthalmologists