mr-oliver-harley

Written by a NHS patient at The Horder Centre
30th April 2021

I saw Mr Oliver Harley for an initial consultation and subsequently carpal tunnel release surgery on my right hand. I had been experiencing the syndrome on and off for several years, had already received 3 steroid injections, and wasn't certain that it could ever be fully resolved. The surgery in November 2020 went smoothly and I was well looked after at the McIndoe Centre; however, in the weeks afterwards healing proved a little slow, with slight wound infections and some hand swelling. Mr Harley found time to see me immediately for a check-up, reassuring me that nothing untoward was occurring. By the time of my later review in April 2021, the carpal tunnel problems had completely disappeared, swelling subsided and the scar healing well. I have minor residual tendon issues and Mr Harley is keen to address these before signing me off, arranging an X-ray and ultrasound: we will be discussing the way forward once results are back. I have been so impressed with the treatment I have received as a NHS patient: nothing has been too much trouble and I have every confidence that Mr Harley will do his utmost to ensure that my hand functions normally, without discomfort. He has been kind, attentive and thorough, explaining everything carefully and giving me confidence and optimism about my health. I would urge anyone considering this particular procedure to go ahead, as the outcome can be transformative. My personal advice would be to have a short complete break from the computer immediately afterwards (as this puts pressure on the wound at the base of the hand) and also to be patient: those who claim online to be 'back to normal' in a few days are probably in a minority. If you receive a referral and are booked in at the Horder Centre with Mr Harley then you will be in the best hands.

23rd March 2021

I was fortunate enough to be sent by my Doctor for a NHS consultation with Mr Oliver Harley at the Horder Centre Crowborough for a Fibroma on my index finger. I was very impressed by the professionalism of Mr Harley both on the day of the consultation and the resulting surgery. I would also like to add my gratitude to the staff of the McIndoe Centre East Grinstead for there professional attention during my brief stay. Would not hesitate to revisit Mr Harley in the future and would certainly recommend him and his team.

Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre
24th August 2020

I had my consultation with Mr Harley at the Seaford Horder unit, he explained everything to me which put me at ease straight away, having never had an operation at all. The op was at East Grinstead Mc Indoe unit for my right hand and for my left hand it was the Horder Centre at Crowborough, the teams on both occasions were absolutely brilliant in and out of theatre, nothing was to much trouble. If a situation came up again which involved my hands I would ask Mr Harley to do it.

Written by a patient at Cobham Day Surgery Unit
19th June 2020

My initial meeting with Mr Harley was at Epsom Cottage Hospital in December 2019. He explained in detail what Dupuytrens Fasciectomy was and how it could be treated. The procedure was carried out at the Cobham Day Surgery in early January 2020. From start to finish the whole team involved put me at ease. The operation led by Mr Harley was far less stressful than I had thought it might be. Because it was done under local we were able to talk about what was happening and how it was going. Everyone was very relaxed which was very re-assuring. Since the procedure I have had physio at Epsom Hospital (curtailed by COVID19) and had a follow-up video consultation with Mr Harley in mid June 2020. I don't think I could have got better care than that provided by Mr Harley and his team.

Written by a patient at The Horder Centre
11th June 2020

Really pleased with service and all the after care couldn't have done more and so pleased with the result can't wait to have the other hand done thankyou

Mr Oliver Harley was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Plastic Surgery Hand and Wrist surgery Cosmetic Surgery