Mr Sheraz Daya

Sheraz Daya is the Medical Director of Centre for Sight. Recruited from New York, USA in 1993. Mr Daya was Director and Consultant at the Corneoplastic Unit and Eye Bank, Queen Victoria Hospital. Mr Daya transformed the Corneoplastic Unit and Eye Bank, acquiring an international reputation for excellence in Corneal surgery and resigned from the NHS in 2011. Mr. Daya is a key opinion leader for the ophthalmic industry and is highly regarded nationally and internationally. He serves on numerous boards and committees and is also the founding Chief Medical Editor of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today. He is regularly invited to speak at international conventions and meetings and is known as for many innovations in ophthalmology. Mr. Daya was recognised for his leadership by winning the award "Leadership in Improvement" of the Best of Health Awards 2009, South East England. He has also been awarded the highly prized Senior Achievement Award by the American Academy of Ophthalmology (2009) for his contribution to Ophthalmology and the American Academy. His website is: www.centreforsight.com

2nd November 2015
Written by a patient at Centre for Sight, West Sussex

I am a consultant ophthalmic surgeon. My father was diagnosed with cataracts requiring surgery. I had no hesitation in asking Sheraz Daya to take care of him. That is exactly what he did. From start to finish: faultless and everything I would have hoped for. Cannot recommend him highly enough.

14th October 2015
Written by a member of staff

Many thanks to Mr Daya for giving me a second chance with my vision. Couldn't have expected anything less from a world class Surgeon.

14th October 2015

I was referred to Centre for Sight by my friend who had his laser eye treatment with Mr. Sheraz Daya. I had my laser eye surgery because it was getting difficult with the deteriorating vision and would had to always wear glasses. I eventually started wearing contact lens and obviously as I got older it was more difficult to get it out. I wore them since the time I was very young and it is difficult when it rains particularly as I was into a lot of sports especially golf. That’s why I decided to have the surgery. Overall the experience is fantastic. I did have a problem when I first came because the lady I spoke to, whom I never seen since she was not able to provide me with details. However, I was given all the information and my questions were answered in due course. I was always been made welcomed and very well looked after when I have been here. My patient journey was very smooth from the time of enquiry till post-operative care other than that hick up. When I phoned up between having the operation and coming in for follow up, someone helped me with the query. "Everyone at Centre for Sight has been very kind and helpful. The receptionists are very welcoming, I feel nice and comfortable." There is tea, coffee and biscuits for my husband and everyone is gentle, cheerful and charming. I have recommended Centre for Sight to my friends already. Thank you very much to Mr. Daya and everyone at Centre for Sight.

Nearest Ophthalmologists