Miss Anita Hazari

Anita Hazari has been a Consultant Plastic Surgeon at the world- famous Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, East Grinstead since 2006 and provides a plastic surgery service to Kent and Sussex. Anita is a fully accredited specialist in plastic surgery, and is on the Specialist Register in Plastic Surgery with the General Medical Council and is a full member of BAPRAS, BAAPS and ABS. Anita specialises in Breast reconstruction, breast reductions/uplift, implants, body contouring and after weight loss. Anita is a member of the Court of Examiners for the FRCS(Plast) examinations. She is a certified Educational Supervisor with the KSS (Kent, Surrey and Sussex) Deanery and loves to teach plastic surgery trainees, nurses and breast care nurses . She is privileged to have earned the trust of several nurses, doctors and professional women as her patients. www.anitahazari.co.uk

• Plastic surgery
  • Cosmetic Medicine

3rd October 2017
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

I was referred to Miss Hazari with regards to breast reconstruction following a mastectomy in 2015. I realised this would be major surgery and was feeling very nervous at my first consultation. However Miss Hazari instantly put me at ease, explaining what she could do for me if I was to go ahead with the surgery. She spent lots of time answering my questions and she drew some great diagrams to help me understand the procedure. There was no pressure to make a decision immediately, in fact we agreed to leave it a month for me to think about it. I went ahead with the surgery in April 2017, spending seven days in hospital. Miss Hazari's care at the time of the operation and also during my recovery was first class - she visited me almost every day and always took the time to answer any questions I had. Several months on, I am absolutely delighted with the results of my breast reconstruction. I have totally regained my body confidence - I even wore a bikini on a recent holiday, the first time in 30 years! I am thrilled to have a cleavage again. I will always be grateful to Miss Hazari, there is no doubt that she is a very kind, understanding and talented surgeon.

15th September 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Chaucer Hospital

Miss Hazari is, quite simply, a first rate surgeon. From the initial consultation to the post-op review meeting (one month after surgery), I have been extremely impressed with her professionalism, efficiency and skill. At the outset, she explained very clearly the risks and drawbacks of surgery and was very honest about recovery rates and what to expect after the procedure. At the same time, however, she was very positive and encouraging in making me feel at ease with the whole process and, in particular, in assuring me that breast augmentation was right for me. Having said this, at no point did she push me or try to persuade me one way or another - the final decision was mine and I felt under no pressure whatsoever and I really liked this aspect of the process. This meant that when I went into the operating theatre, I knew that I was in very safe and highly capable hands, but also that I was doing the right thing. In terms of the results, I couldn't be more happy with the outcome - she has given me exactly what I asked for. There is very little scarring and I think she has done an amazing job. One final point: I particularly liked her no-nonsense approach. Miss Hazari is very direct and honest and this, for me, was a key factor in determining my choice of surgeon. In short, I would thoroughly recommend her to anyone thinking of breast implants.

31st August 2017
Written by a carer at BMI The Chaucer Hospital

We first visited Ms Hazari at the end of May to enquire about a breast reduction on my 19 year old daughter. Our daughter has been very self conscious of her breast size and was already getting big by the age of 12 and they were out of proportion to her height . Ms Hazari was very understanding and able to put our daughter at her ease quicker than I had expected, and after a quick examination she discussed in detail what she could do and any risks involved. The operation took place within 3 weeks, and whilst we, as parents, were nervous, our daughter was clearly confident with Ms Hazari and the anaesthetist and took it in her stride.(We were confident too, just nervous!) She came round from surgery and Ms Hazari told us she was very pleased with the result to which our daughter replied, well if she's happy, I am. The next day she was discharged from hospital and amazingly had very little discomfort over the ensuing weeks, keeping on top of her pain meds. We had to go back to the hospital for an unscheduled visit because of possible infection, but it was incredibly hot, weather wise, and just meant dressings could be taken off sooner. It wasn't a problem to see Ms Hazari, without much warning, and she was very reassuring that it wasn't a problem. We had another visit for photos where there seemed to be a misunderstanding with date/time but again, Miss Hazari was very accommodating and we were able to continue with the appointment. We are now some months on from the operation and everything has healed nicely and our daughter is so much happier with her new shape. Ms Hazari has a lovely ability to be matter of fact and professional but in such a caring way. As a parent I felt I had every confidence in her and able to ask questions. To have the ability to transform someone's life is amazing, but to do it in such a caring way is a skill! Thank you to Ms Hazari and all those that played their part in helping our daughter start her new life at Uni.

30th July 2017
Written by a patient at Queen Victoria Hospital

I initially saw Miss Hazari in November 2016 as I was considering reconstructive surgery after having undergone a mastectomy in 2015. Miss Hazari took her time to explain the various procedures available and the best option for me (DIEP flap) - what the operation entailed and what to expect afterwards. I appreciated her honest and forthright approach and I came away feeling confident in the knowledge that I was in a safe pair of hands and that she could and would rebuild me. I had my reconstructive surgery (DIEP flap) on 18th July 2017 and although it's only been two weeks since my operation, I'm absolutely thrilled with the results. To my added delight, the unsightly crater that I had been left with after my mastectomy (which was outside the bra line) has disappeared as if by magic and despite still being swollen and taped up, you can see that the finished result is going to be fantastic. I can't honestly thank Miss Hazari and her entire surgical and aftercare team enough, she fully understands and appreciates how a woman feels after a mastectomy and with her exceptional expertise she rebuilds our shattered bodies. She certainly has put the smile back on my face. A big, big thank you to Miss Hazari and her wonderful surgical and aftercare team at Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead.

2nd July 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Chaucer Hospital

Miss Hazari was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole procedure, she was caring, considerate and most importantly listened to what I wanted. She made sure I fully understood what was going to happen and when, then took the time both pre and post the operation to ensure I was happy and satisfied with the entire procedure. Has demonstrated all the way through my operation along with the staff at BMI Chaucer that the patient comes first and has done everything to ensure that all went smoothly and the operation has been a total success, I would absolutely recommend Miss Hazari to everyone.

Nearest Cosmetic medicine specialists