Mr Raman Malhotra

Raman Malhotra is an award-winning ophthalmic and oculoplastic surgeon whose work has received international recognition. He runs courses, gives lectures and speaks at medical institutions and conferences worldwide on topics ranging from facial nerve palsy to eyelid lifts and tear trough fillers. He has written textbooks and numerous medical papers that have been published in leading journals. He also runs a successful fellowship programme. In 2007, Mr Malhotra received the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award and in September 2011 he was awarded a National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health and in December 2015 he was awarded as Silver National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health. He has expertise in eyelid, orbital and lacrimal disorders. In particular, aesthetic eyelid surgery, ptosis surgery, thyroid eye disease, watery eyes, facial palsy, eyelid skin cancer management and reconstruction and facial dystonias such as blepharospasm. His website is: www.ramanmalhotra.com

• Ophthalmology
  • Plastic surgery

1st November 2015
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

Raman Malhotra is an excellent surgeon and has produced amazing results. I have been under his care for 2 separate procedures and I would not go anywhere else. My results have been so good that other doctors/surgeons have commented about how well my procedure was carried out and the results that I have received. I would not hesitate to use Mr Malhotra again.

19th October 2015
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

I was extremely impressed by the high level of professionalism shown by Mr. Malhotra. After a MOHs excision on the top of my nose, and around my lacrimal areas, Mr Malhotra used precise surgery to reconstruct the large defect that the excision had necessarily made. A year from the first reconstruction, and three months after the second, the scar is hardly noticeable. His manner throughout was reassuring and completely professional. I am a very happy customer and would highly recommend him to anyone is need of reconstructive surgery around the eye area.

1st October 2015
Written by a member of staff at Queen Victoria Hospital

I am a colleague of Mr Malhotra and specifically chose his practise to visit so that I could improve on my own surgical techniques and I must say without hesitation that Mr Malhotra is an exceptional surgeon who aims to provide the most compassionate and highest level of clinical and surgical care to his patients. He is also an excellent listener and understands his patients concerns addressing them expertly during the consultation (I have witnessed this repeatedly and consistently). Mr Malhotra is also an excellent teacher. Considering his advanced level of clinical and surgical skill and how well he is thought of even in oculoplastic circles the very refreshing quality Mr Malhotra possesses is his enduring generosity with his expertise and his openness to learn further - even from persons less experienced than himself. Mr Malhotra is to be commended highly.

17th September 2015
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I was extremely unhappy about the deep dips under my eyes which were having a drastic impact on my appearance . I read excellent reviews about Dr Malhotra and his treatment for tear troughs using fillers.After a consultation with Dr Malhotra I immediately went ahead with the fillers which was virtually pain free . I felt Dr Malhotra really understood my issue and was reassuring and professional . I am happy to report I am extremely happy with the results and although the price may be higher than others offer it is worth the peace of mind that you are being treated by the best . Rebecca

6th August 2015
Written by a patient at Queen Victoria Hospital

I had a gold weight put in my eye to help me close my eye after a head injury. The eye, even though it shut mostly, it still need lubricating and would droop when I was tired. I met Mr Malhotra and he recommended inserting a platinum chain instead of the gold weight. This would help me shut my eye better but also to make the eye look better and more normal. The gold weight was cumbersome and could be seen by others most of the time like a lump in my eyelid. I had the operation under sedation. The gold weight was removed and the chain put in. This did not take long and I did not feel much pain. I was given antibiotic gel to put on the eye for two weeks and saw Mr Malhotra a month afterwards. I had hardly any swelling after the operation or pain. I was amazed that immediately it was doing the same as the gold weight functionally and looked so much better. People cannot even see it now, and remark on how good my eyes look. Many thanks to Mr Malhotra and his team. Having Facial Palsy on one side means that there are a lot that people who notice my one sidedness especially when I talk or smile. The gold weight (although better than nothing when I had to wear an eye patch) just made it stand out even more. The chain in my eyelid has helped my confidence because I believe hardly anyone could see any difference in my eyelids. I am very grateful and glad I had the operation.

Nearest Ophthalmologists