Mr Raman Malhotra

Raman Malhotra is an award-winning ophthalmic and oculoplastic surgeon whose work has received international recognition. He runs courses, gives lectures and speaks at medical institutions and conferences worldwide on topics ranging from facial nerve palsy to eyelid lifts and tear trough fillers. He has written textbooks and numerous medical papers that have been published in leading journals. He also runs a successful fellowship programme. In 2007, Mr Malhotra received the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award and in September 2011 he was awarded a National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health and in December 2015 he was awarded as Silver National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health. He has expertise in eyelid, orbital and lacrimal disorders. In particular, aesthetic eyelid surgery, ptosis surgery, thyroid eye disease, watery eyes, facial palsy, eyelid skin cancer management and reconstruction and facial dystonias such as blepharospasm. His website is: www.ramanmalhotra.com

1st November 2015
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

Whenever you are about to undergo surgery or medical procedures, it is so important that you trust your surgeon. As soon as I met Mr Malhotra, I instinctively felt that I would be in excellent hands. He is extremely professional and clearly understands how best to help you. My story is a long one...Following the removal of an Acoustic Neuroma in 2000 at the age of 25, I experienced right-sided facial palsy as a consequence of surgery. Roll on 15 years to January 2015 and I was beginning to lose faith. I was tired of self-managing a dry eye that would not close. However, following a GP referral to the facial palsy team at Queen Victoria Hospital, East Grinstead, I had my first private consultation with Mr Malhotra. I hoped he would be able to help my eye in some way. Little did I realise how much he could help me! During this initial consultation, Mr Malhotra recommended treatment right away and after a few weeks I underwent surgery including a right upper eyelid levator recession and platinum segment chain, a lower eyelid retractor recession and a transcaruncular suture sling. This was all completed whilst under sedation. Surgery was comfortable at all times thanks to Mr Malhotra and his excellent surgical team at The McIndoe Centre in East Grinstead. I actually enjoyed the surgery because I was so utterly relieved that I was getting such specialist, professional help. At all times, whether during consultations or indeed surgery I have felt secure in the knowledge that Mr Malhotra is a world class surgeon with highly specialised knowledge and surgical skills. He has incredibly high standards and focuses intently on providing individual care based on individual needs. My eye results have far exceeded my own expectations and my confidence has been boosted so very much by the more natural looking appearance of my eye. Additionally, all of the discomfort that I suffered for so many years has been taken away and therefore my life has been enhanced greatly. I cannot thank Mr Malhotra enough for his help, ongoing support and expertise in helping my eye health and giving me a much more natural looking eye/eye function. I would thoroughly recommend Mr Malhotra to anyone seeking a top class eye surgeon. I feel greatly honoured to have been in his care.

1st November 2015
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

Raman Malhotra is an excellent surgeon and has produced amazing results. I have been under his care for 2 separate procedures and I would not go anywhere else. My results have been so good that other doctors/surgeons have commented about how well my procedure was carried out and the results that I have received. I would not hesitate to use Mr Malhotra again.

19th October 2015
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

I was extremely impressed by the high level of professionalism shown by Mr. Malhotra. After a MOHs excision on the top of my nose, and around my lacrimal areas, Mr Malhotra used precise surgery to reconstruct the large defect that the excision had necessarily made. A year from the first reconstruction, and three months after the second, the scar is hardly noticeable. His manner throughout was reassuring and completely professional. I am a very happy customer and would highly recommend him to anyone is need of reconstructive surgery around the eye area.

1st October 2015
Written by a member of staff at Queen Victoria Hospital

I am a colleague of Mr Malhotra and specifically chose his practise to visit so that I could improve on my own surgical techniques and I must say without hesitation that Mr Malhotra is an exceptional surgeon who aims to provide the most compassionate and highest level of clinical and surgical care to his patients. He is also an excellent listener and understands his patients concerns addressing them expertly during the consultation (I have witnessed this repeatedly and consistently). Mr Malhotra is also an excellent teacher. Considering his advanced level of clinical and surgical skill and how well he is thought of even in oculoplastic circles the very refreshing quality Mr Malhotra possesses is his enduring generosity with his expertise and his openness to learn further - even from persons less experienced than himself. Mr Malhotra is to be commended highly.

17th September 2015
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I was extremely unhappy about the deep dips under my eyes which were having a drastic impact on my appearance . I read excellent reviews about Dr Malhotra and his treatment for tear troughs using fillers.After a consultation with Dr Malhotra I immediately went ahead with the fillers which was virtually pain free . I felt Dr Malhotra really understood my issue and was reassuring and professional . I am happy to report I am extremely happy with the results and although the price may be higher than others offer it is worth the peace of mind that you are being treated by the best . Rebecca

Nearest Ophthalmologists