Mr Raman Malhotra

Raman Malhotra is an award-winning ophthalmic and oculoplastic surgeon whose work has received international recognition. He runs courses, gives lectures and speaks at medical institutions and conferences worldwide on topics ranging from facial nerve palsy to eyelid lifts and tear trough fillers. He has written textbooks and numerous medical papers that have been published in leading journals. He also runs a successful fellowship programme. In 2007, Mr Malhotra received the American Academy of Ophthalmology Achievement Award and in September 2011 he was awarded a National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health and in December 2015 he was awarded as Silver National Clinical Excellence Award by the Department of Health. He has expertise in eyelid, orbital and lacrimal disorders. In particular, aesthetic eyelid surgery, ptosis surgery, thyroid eye disease, watery eyes, facial palsy, eyelid skin cancer management and reconstruction and facial dystonias such as blepharospasm. His website is: www.ramanmalhotra.com

4th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

Mr Malhotra performed bilateral ptosis repair and upper eyelid blepharoplasty on me on June 15th 2017 at Gatwick Park Hospital and I could not be happier. In the run up to the surgery, after my initial consultation, I was quite anxious about the ptosis procedure and had lots of questions. These were answered immediately by Mr Malhotra, in good detail and I was reassured. The actual surgery took me completely by surprise as it was totally pain free. Thanks to Mr Malhotra and his incredible team ( nurse and anesthetist) the whole procedure was also completely stress free. I was sedated for the first part and then awake for the second while Mr Malhotra did adjustments and the stitches. It was not an unpleasant experience in any way and I felt in very good hands. After 5 quiet days at home following the after care instructions to the letter I began to see how the surgery had turned out and I couldn't believe my eyes - literally! Mr Malhotra is obviously an extremely talented surgeon as I am so happy with the results. This is confirmed by the very quick recover. I had very little bruising and no complications at all. It is now just under 3 weeks after surgery and my eyes are still a little puffy in the morning but are looking amazing! My husband can see a big difference but nobody else has noticed - although lots of people have said I look really well - which I am enjoying. I cannot recommend Mr Malhotra enough. An extremely nice person who has a superb reassuring manner and is obviously at the very top of his game.

23rd May 2017
Written by a patient at 9 Harley Street

Raman Malhotra saw me three years after I suffered an attack of facial palsy which, because my eyelids were affected, left me with poor vision in one eye. I was impressed with Mr Malhotra's professional, caring manner when he examined my eyes and the way he pin-pointed the problem. It had never been properly identified before. His solution, a botox injection, has relaxed the lower eyelid giving clearer vision. It has also made the eye look more natural. Throughout my consultation and treatment I felt confident that I was in expert hands.

15th May 2017
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

I recently underwent surgery to both upper eyelids. The level of care, service and ultimate satisfaction was impeccable. During the entire process from initial consultation until post-operative follow-up, I was made to feel reassured and at ease. The outcome of surgery was tremendous. I am delighted and would not hesitate to recommend Dr Malhotra and his team.

9th March 2017
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

Raman Malhotra is a brilliant and skilled surgeon who is supported by a superb team at the McIndoe Centre. I have no hesitation in singing his praises. A Consultant Opthalmologist recommended that I see Mr Malhotra to help resolve symptoms of lateral epiphora. That Consultant has great regard for Mr Malhotra and his work. A few weeks later, after a thorough examination and diagnostic tests, Mr Malhotra confidently proposed bilateral upper blepharoplasty and ptosis repair in order to stop tears wicking from the outer edges of my eyes. I was anxious about having surgery so close to my eyes, but his certainty that he would solve the problem - and the fact that I'd been troubled by tearing eyes for over 10 years - encouraged me to proceed. Mr Malhotra is highly professional and very clear about what needs to be done. His assured manner is very calming and every time that I have seen him, he checks understanding and invites you to contact him with any questions you might think of later. Some time after the consultation I did just that, and his efficient secretary, Gill, kindly liaised and responded the following day with the answers. I had the surgery with local anaesthetic with sedation and experienced no pain at all throughout or after surgery. I normally bruise very easily, so was surprised to have less bruising around the eyes post-op than I had anticipated. Maybe the Arnica 30 that I took a couple of days before the procedure and for 4 days afterwards helped, or maybe it was the surgeon's skill - who knows. I was given detailed instructions on after-care, which I followed carefully, and the healing proceeded as described in the paperwork without any complications. Once the dressings were removed, it was evident that Mr Malhotra is very talented at stitching and shaping. I took the rest of the week off work, worked from home the following week, back in the office 14 days after surgery. I have just attended a consultation 16 days after surgery and am very pleased with the results to date. The wicking of tears from the outer edges of my eyes has stopped completely. I went cycling today and still no tears - fantastic result already. Mr Malhotra has achieved excellent symmetry of height and contour, giving my eye area a better look than before, which is an added bonus. I just wish I'd had the courage to go ahead years ago.

23rd January 2017
Written by a patient at The Mcindoe Centre

Before the procedure Mr Malhotra assured me it was be stress free but I was to say the least concerned. The procedure was very professionally carried out and in fact it was far from stressful, I know it sounds crazy but I found it all quite relaxing. My eyes have healed up at exactly the pace Mr Malhotra said and I am very pleased with the visual result. I had not realised how restricted my vision had become, as my eyes have healed the effect has been amazing, life is much more 3D. If you have problems with your eyes I can toughly recommend Mr Malhotra.

Nearest Ophthalmologists