Mr Neeraj Garg

I am a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon based at King’s College Hospital, London. It is one of the biggest provider of specialised services in England. I was trained in plastic surgery overseas and completed my specialist higher surgical training in General and Breast Oncoplastic Surgery from London Deanery (South East Thames rotation). Pursuing my interest in Breast Oncoplastic Surgery and Breast reconstruction, I did a one-year prestigious international fellowship in Australia where I learnt techniques which complements my experience. I was trained in world renowned hospitals of London and Australia. I further consolidated his experience in Italy, Austria, Spain and Japan. After completing my training, I took substantive post at Ipswich Hospital NHS trust. Having worked for six years, establishing breast oncoplastic services in Suffolk now I moved to King’s. I have extensive experience in the latest techniques in breast cancer surgery such as therapeutic mammoplasty, breast reconstruction using implant and acellular dermal matrix, breast reduction, symmetry surgery, nipple reconstruction and breast augmentation surgery. I believe in putting the patient at ease from the first meeting and follows them through to completion of treatment. My aim is to provide high quality comprehensive breast service. My practice ethos is to achieve optimal oncological clearance of the breast cancer and while ensuring the best possible cosmetic outcome.

11th July 2014
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

After finding a lump in my left breast, I was referred to Mr Garg, from that minute until the time I was told there was no cancer, I was supported and looked after by Mr Garg and his team. Time was taken with me, he visited me, on the day before my small op to reassure me. I have been left with little or no visible sign that an incision was made. Mine was a very minor problem, but I was treated with respect and understanding throughout the time I was under his care

30th June 2014
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

Very professional, I didn't feel rushed. Had a caring patient approach. Gave me the confidence I was being looked after.

23rd June 2014
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

I had my first my first routine mammogram, age 48, as part of the early call up program. 20th May 2014 I was recalled for further tests to discover I had DCIS (Ductal Cancer in Situ), I had no physical symptoms / lumps and was in good health. This was a massive shock, and I had to have a biopsy that day. I first saw Mr Garg in his clinic at Ipswich, following the results of that biopsy having been told I needed it operated on. I could not speak highly enough of him, he was professional and very kind at the same time, taking time to explain in detail the procedure its outcomes and to answer all my sometimes daft questions I had for him. It all happened so quickly and is difficult to get you're head around. I left the consultation with a clear understanding of what would happen next, and of the possible outcome(s) Mr Garg came to see me before the operation on 11th June and I felt I was in very safe, highly skilled, hands, and I completely believed as he'd said he would do his very best for me. I am now post op and again Mr Garg went the extra mile as it is normal for your GP to check the wound 10 days later, but he offered to see me and again answered my barrage of questions, I couldn't be happier with the results so far he has done an amazing job considering the extent of the surgery. I would like to believe all consultant surgeons are of the same calibre as Mr Garg, I feel very lucky and blessed to be under his care.

18th June 2014
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

To put this in context, I attended my first routine mammogram, age 48, at the beginning of May 2014. I was recalled to discover I had bilateral breast cancer, I had no physical symptoms / lumps etc. This was a massive shock, on 23 May I saw Mr Garg in his clinic at Ipswich. I could not speak highly enough of him, in the way the he dealt with my husband and me. Mr Garg possesses the ability to be both professional and very kind at the same time. He took time to explain the operation, he listened and answered any concerns that we had. Given, the short timescale, it was a lot for me to take in and I left the consultation with a clear understanding of what would happen next. Mr Garg came to see me before the operation on 10 June and I felt I was in very safe, highly skilled, hands. Mr Garg is a credit to both his profession and the NHS.

14th June 2014
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

I cannot epress my thanks enough to Mr Garg and all the staff throughout my treatment for their understanding and compassion, they were brilliant!

Short link to review Mr Neeraj Garg: http://iwgc.net/ef4jr