Mr Bo Povlsen

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Plastic surgery

18th April 2017
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Excellent at understanding my symptoms and providing effective diagnosis. I felt totally at ease and he explained everything in clear laymans terms. I had an issue with my insurer and Caroline, his assistant, liaised with them to solve this. 100% recommend.

20th November 2014
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I saw Prof Povlsen for shoulder pain which other doctors could not understand. He examined me and had x-rays and MRI scans performed after which he re-assured me that a simple steroid injection would help me. The injection completely removed my shoulder pain and my life has been transformed as I can now sleep and live a normal active life as before.

4th October 2014
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

Professor Povlsen saw me recently for my longstanding shoulder pain which several other doctors and physiotherapists had seen an tried to treat but with no lasting effect. Professor Povlsen diagnosed my shoulder pain as referred from a nerve compression in my wrist which gave me numb fingers (carpal tunnel syndrome) which was confirmed by a nerve conduction study (EMG). My shoulder pain completely disappeard after a smal operation in my wrist and my feeling in my hand has also returned to normal.

2nd October 2014
Written by a patient at St Thomas' Hospital

Saw Prof Povlsen for pain and tingling in my hand. He carried out nerve conduction studies which he knew were going to be positive before we even got the official result. He then carried out a nerve decompression after going through the risks and benefits. He was very thorough and I went from thinking my working life as a PA was over due to the pain to becoming almost totally pain-free. Therefore when I hurt my shoulder he was the first person I went to see. Would recommend him 100% as he goes through the risks and benefits of all aspects of treatment so the decision is left to you as it is your life that will be affected.

24th November 2009
Written by a patient at London Bridge Hospital

I attended Professor Povlsen for a recurrent dislocation of my shoulder. I wished to have an MRI done. I am awaiting the results. However I was just worried that he told me once I operated my shoulder I would have severely reduced mobility. As this must be a common injury and re-education and having spoken with other doctors this does not seem to be the case. So I am now not sure how competent he is and would like the reviews of other patients who have used his skill set.

Short link to review Mr Bo Povlsen: http://iwgc.net/e33n