St Thomas' Hospital

Lambeth Palace Road, London, England, SE1 7EH

1st November 2019

Great hospital

25th September 2019

I received great care at St Thomas's peivate wing while staying there for my surgery in July 2019. The staff was absolutely amazing. They could work on improving their food menu but that was a very minor issue.

4th August 2019

In May 2018 I was referred to a known and respected specialist Surgeon,Ms Cara Baker at St Thomas Hospital. Ms Baker specialises in Oesophago-gastric and general surgery,and in the management of patients with Oesophageal and gastrtric cancer,including hiatal hernia reflux disease and gallstones. Ms Baker received me pleasantly and professionally. .She discussed my condition with me . With my concent she referred me to have various necessary investigations.Further health checks were done due to my elderly age,to make sure that I am fit to be given Anaesthesia. All these were done in a short space of time within four to six weeks.This was very good and I did not have a long time to wait for the results. I received an appointment to see Ms Baker to discuss the reports and to discuss the possibility of having surgery.Ms Baker was kind and explained the type of operation and procedure to me.I signed the concent form and Ms Baker placed my name on the waiting list for surgery. Within three months I received an appointment to be admitted for my operation on 13th March 2019. When I arrived at the theatre waiting area ,I was welcomed by a friendly nurse into a quiet room where I was prepared for going into theater. Not long after that, Ms Baker came in to see me and the two relations who accompanied me.She was very professional and caring.and calm.She informed them thprocedure to us and asked me to sign the consent. She said that the operation will be done at 3pm.She was so kind and offered to phone my relations when the operation is completed.I wonder how many surgeons would do that. I was admitted on the ward where all the staff were kind and helpful. The morning after my operation, I was happy to see Ms Baker and her team of Doctors who came to see me.I could not thank her enough.I asked how successful was the operation.she reported that it was a struggle. Ms Baker examined my wounds and drain.and asked the nurses to take out the wound drain.She came round to see me on the second day. I was transferred to another ward ,because I was on a Gyanaecology ward.i was much happier on Northumberland Ward.The doctors and nurses were friendly and their over all care was excellent. I had no pain and did not require pain relief during my 4days in St Thomas Hospital. My experience of the whole care was exceptional for someone who is a nurse . I will recommend Ms Baker and her surgical team to anyone requiring surgery. I have no complaints about Ms Baker's duty of care.Ms Baker is a Reseacher who is kene to improve health care in all field of health.

12th July 2019

I attended the cardio outpatients in the north wing. I was booked in and seen by the various nursing staff very quickly and in a very efficient and caring manner. I cannot fault anything about the procedure..

31st May 2019

I cannot speak too highly of my experience and especially the positive and cheerful attitude of a staff under constant pressure. I could ramble on for a long time but every comment would be excellent. Thank you all.

30th January 2019

I will always live within this hospital catchment area now. Feel safe and in the best hands. Some of the doctors could do with some communications lessons but level of care second to none.

22nd January 2019

Great nurses, all so friendly and easy going. I loved having a bit of a laugh with them and they showed professionalism and efficiency at all times. 10/10

14th December 2018

I had replacement heart valve surgery here in October and I can't praise the hospital and all of the many staff that I dealt with both prior and during my surgery. It made a very uncertain journey almost a pleasurable experience. The hospital is extremely clean and I can't recommend it enough in particular Doulton Ward.

18th November 2018

I've had several minor operations both under general anaesthetic or local anaesthetic and have. Some have been in the day and some out of hours and have also been followed up in outpatient clinic and had an outpatient MRI scan performed. My treatment throughout, from ED to the ward, to investigation, definitive treatment and outpatient follow up has been very good. All of the staff have been very courteous, friendly, professional and polite. Some of the nursing staff have even remembered me from my (short) previous attendances. Thank you all very much.

{{category}} working at St Thomas' Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review St Thomas' Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb43y