Mr Neeraj Garg

I am a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon at Ipswich Hospital, Ipswich. I did my higher surgical training in General Surgery with special interest in Breast Oncoplasitc Surgery from London deanery. I worked in prestigious hospitals like St Thomas and Guys Hospital, London; Kings College Hospital, London and Royal Surrey County Hospital Guilford. Pursuing my interest in Breast Oncoplastic Surgery and Breast reconstruction, I did one year international fellowship in Australia. I believes in putting the patient at ease from the first meeting and follows them through the completion of treatment. My aim is to provide high quality comprehensive breast service to achieve optimal oncological clearance of the breast cancer and while ensuring the best possible cosmetic outcome. My practice covers the diagnosis and surgical treatment of symptomatic (benign and malignant) and screen-detected breast cancer including oncoplastic techniques and breast reconstruction. I have special interest in intraoperative radiotherapy for breast cancer patients.

13th July 2016
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

From the very beginning after my recall after the first Mammogram, I feel I received excellent care from the whole breast care team. From the: numerous nurses, radiologists and breast surgeons, including Helen Sheeran, Dr Froud, Miss Mortimer and Mr Garg. Even at the clinics, where the waits could be quite lengthy; the staff were friendly and supportive. However one thing I would like to suggest is that after the surgery and at the follow up results appointment, you actually see the surgeon who performed the operation; so you can actually address any queries or questions about your results, to the person who did the operation.

19th June 2016
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

MR Garg is very realistic and straightforward in his approach from assessment, to diagnosis and until the combined results meeting. Initially during the assessment, he said there was a lump that needed investigation and informed me realistically after the ultrasound, mammogram that it may be fibroadenoma though needed biopsy . When the biopsy results came, he said straightaway it was mucinous cancer with a good prognosis though we need to await for tissue analysis to confirm treatment. He said I will most likely have radiotherapy which is actually what Iam going to have. The emotions and empathy shown to me was for me appropriate in every stage of the meeting. Sadness when needed and joyous especially when its good news. AT times false reassurance through words and compassion for me will not be helpful at times because it does not make you realistic enough to face the truth. My husband felt that Mr Garg takes time to talk to his patients and does not appear to be in a hurry . information wise , he explains just enough for what patinet can grasp and understand but is open to answer questions. The surgery was successful and wound is healing nicely though i developed seroma afterwards which Mr Garg says happens at timesand reassured to let it heal naturally unless it goes bigger..He devised my incision bearing in mind my body image.

16th June 2016
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

Mr. Garg is not only a brilliant surgeon but a lovely man. Although my treatment wasn't anything serious such as cancer, he made me feel just as important. I could go on for hours just how amazing Mr. Garg is, from start to finish he was with me throughout my treatment and it's safe to say we have established a solid friendly patient/surgeon relationship. I can't thank him enough for everything he has done for me. I would trust this man with a scalpel any day of the week and it's been a pleasure being in his care.

25th May 2016
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

There is only one word you can use Excellent. The whole care package was amazing.

16th May 2016
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

Thoughtful and caring about how a woman feels about the appearance of breast surgery. Result looks very neat and normal. Easy to discuss things and seen quickly at most appointments which is remarkable considering how many people are involved. Had to wait for several hours for first operation so it would have been wise to sleep on the couch because had to get up at 5.30am! Bonus the second time as went in first, an hour after I arrived.

Short link to review Mr Neeraj Garg: http://iwgc.net/ef4jr