mr-neeraj-garg

24th September 2020

I have recently had a lumpectomy performed by Mr Neeraj Garg. Him and his team were so caring and professional. I could not have been looked after better. The operation was a success and the healing straightforward with no complications. He has kept me informed at every stage and I am so grateful to him and the NHS at Kings College Hospital

19th July 2020

As I was preparing for my first ever surgery, any apprehensions were immediately allayed by the way that Mr Garg wielded that black pen as he drew over and around the culpable breast with such flair and confidence that I was reminded of Picasso who, with just a few random lines, created a work of undeniable mastery. The artist would usually, in my experience, apply the pen to paper but this was not the world of illusions, this was real life. The pen drew directly onto the model, as the artist simultaneously passed on his wisdom, describing the significance of every stroke to his attentive trainee. There was no doubt in my mind that a master who could wield a pen like that could wield a scalpel with even more panache!

14th July 2020

Mr Garg was my assigned surgeon when I was diagnosed with breast cancer in January 2019. He explained very clearly and calmly what treatment I would need and performed my lumpectomy just a week later. He removed the cancer with a good margin. I was amazed at the neatness of his work as soon as the dressings were off and, 18 months on, it is quite difficult to see the scars. He is keen on breast conservation where possible and, as he predicted at the time, I am pleased we went down this route. He is obviously a skilled surgeon, but I believe one of Mr Garg’s most important qualities is his ability to contain anxiety. Even on that dreadful diagnosis day I remember feeling immediately that I was in safe hands. Mr Garg understands how terrifying breast cancer is and is always calm and collected – so vital when the patient is feeling the exact opposite. His Practice Manager Meena is also extremely efficient and gets back to me very quickly each time I have contacted her with concerns. It has been a difficult time in my life, but Mr Garg has made it a whole lot easier. I am so grateful. Thank you!

I am a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon based at King’s College Hospital, London. It is one of the biggest provider of specialised services in England. I was trained in plastic surgery overseas and completed my specialist higher surgical training in General and Breast Oncoplastic Surgery from London Deanery (South East Thames rotation). Pursuing my interest in Breast Oncoplastic Surgery and Breast reconstruction, I did a one-year prestigious international fellowship in Australia where I learnt techniques which complements my experience. I was trained in world renowned hospitals of London and Australia. I further consolidated his experience in Italy, Austria, Spain and Japan. After completing my training, I took substantive post at Ipswich Hospital NHS trust. Having worked for six years, establishing breast oncoplastic services in Suffolk now I moved to King’s. I have extensive experience in the latest techniques in breast cancer surgery such as therapeutic mammoplasty, breast reconstruction using implant and acellular dermal matrix, breast reduction, symmetry surgery, nipple reconstruction and breast augmentation surgery. I believe in putting the patient at ease from the first meeting and follows them through to completion of treatment. My aim is to provide high quality comprehensive breast service. My practice ethos is to achieve optimal oncological clearance of the breast cancer and while ensuring the best possible cosmetic outcome.

Short link to review Mr Neeraj Garg: http://iwgc.net/ef4jr