Mr Neeraj Garg

I am a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon based at King’s College Hospital, London. It is one of the biggest provider of specialised services in England. I was trained in plastic surgery overseas and completed my specialist higher surgical training in General and Breast Oncoplastic Surgery from London Deanery (South East Thames rotation). Pursuing my interest in Breast Oncoplastic Surgery and Breast reconstruction, I did a one-year prestigious international fellowship in Australia where I learnt techniques which complements my experience. I was trained in world renowned hospitals of London and Australia. I further consolidated his experience in Italy, Austria, Spain and Japan. After completing my training, I took substantive post at Ipswich Hospital NHS trust. Having worked for six years, establishing breast oncoplastic services in Suffolk now I moved to King’s. I have extensive experience in the latest techniques in breast cancer surgery such as therapeutic mammoplasty, breast reconstruction using implant and acellular dermal matrix, breast reduction, symmetry surgery, nipple reconstruction and breast augmentation surgery. I believe in putting the patient at ease from the first meeting and follows them through to completion of treatment. My aim is to provide high quality comprehensive breast service. My practice ethos is to achieve optimal oncological clearance of the breast cancer and while ensuring the best possible cosmetic outcome.

26th February 2019
Written by a carer at King's College Hospital

Always put at ease when I attend clinical appointments with my daughter. Mr Garg is an exceptional surgeon who cares very much for his patients. He is kind, compassionate and attentive. Explains procedures planned and check my daughter and I understood. We are grateful and privileged to be under his care. We are always aware that treatment is evidence based.

25th February 2019
Written by a patient at King's College Hospital

Mr Garg is hands down one of the most amazing doctors I've come across. Being diagnosed with Breast Cancer aged 24 was a tough pill to swallow, so many things went through my mind but Mr Garg always put me at ease, answered every question under the sun that I had and reassured me throughout the course of my treatment. When it came to my surgery I was initially told that I would be having a lumpectomy on the effected breast, due to where the tumours were my breast size would decrease significantly, worried about being lopsided I asked Mr Garg if he would reduce the other size of my breast so I would be equal. He went out of his way to accommodate my request and I'm beyond happy with the fact that not only did I have a successful treatment and am healing well, after this whole ordeal I have an amazing pair of breasts all thanks to Mr Garg! Thank you!!

21st November 2018
Written by a patient at King's College Hospital

Mr Garg operated on my right breast removing calcification and performing a flap reconstruction which was very successful and I can see how it won't look too dissimilar to left breast when completely healed. This is a much better operation than having the easier option of a straight row of stitiches across nipple area. I am very grateful to him for suggesting this way of doing things, and I'm healing nicely. Mr Garg has spent time to go through everything with me in a helpful caring way. I am very impressed and would recommend him to anyone.

27th September 2018
Written by a patient at King's College Hospital

In his personal statement on the IWGC website, Mr Neeraj Garg says: “I believe in putting the patient at ease from the first meeting and follow them through to completion of treatment.” This is exactly what Mr Garg has done for me. From giving my initial cancer diagnosis, he followed up with a phone call when more results came in, to explain what type of cancer it was and what the implications were: more meetings before and after 2 operations. During all of these meetings, Mr Garg never flinched from the hundreds of questions I asked - I never felt hurried along. It was hugely reassuring to have this level of dialog with the person who would perform both operations. Mr Garg’s manner was ideal for me... both matter of fact and sympathetic. I never doubted for a minute that I was getting the best possible care. After my operations I developed an infection and Mr Garg found time to fit me into his emergency clinic. I’m delighted to have the opportunity to give him the best feedback. Thanks Mr Garg!

12th August 2018
Written by a patient at King's College Hospital

I have been well informed throughout treatment and surgery by Mr Garg and the rest of the Breast Care Team. I appreciate that Mr Garg went down the breast conserving route despite a mass of 6.1cm, other surgeons would have done a mastectomy with this size of tumour. Mr Garg has left me with minimal and neat scarring, which has exceeded my expectations. I am so very grateful for Mr Garg’s expertise and skill. The care I have received from the Breast Cancer Team has been outstanding from the moment I had the diagnosis to having surgery. Every aspect of my care has been prompt and efficient. Thank you so very much

Short link to review Mr Neeraj Garg: http://iwgc.net/ef4jr