Mr Neeraj Garg

I am a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon at Ipswich Hospital, Ipswich. I did my higher surgical training in General Surgery with special interest in Breast Oncoplasitc Surgery from London deanery. I worked in prestigious hospitals like St Thomas and Guys Hospital, London; Kings College Hospital, London and Royal Surrey County Hospital Guilford. Pursuing my interest in Breast Oncoplastic Surgery and Breast reconstruction, I did one year international fellowship in Australia. I believes in putting the patient at ease from the first meeting and follows them through the completion of treatment. My aim is to provide high quality comprehensive breast service to achieve optimal oncological clearance of the breast cancer and while ensuring the best possible cosmetic outcome. My practice covers the diagnosis and surgical treatment of symptomatic (benign and malignant) and screen-detected breast cancer including oncoplastic techniques and breast reconstruction. I have special interest in intraoperative radiotherapy for breast cancer patients.

21st January 2017
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

my visit to Ipswich hospital was a good experience gave me confidence for the future.

21st January 2017
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

Mr Garg was sympathetic, understanding and explained the procedures fully and clearly. He answered all my questions satisfactorily regarding future treatment. He also provided excellent post- operative reconstruction

9th December 2016
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

Right from our initial meeting when Mr Garg told me I had calcification in my left breast, I felt reassured that he would do his best by me. I had a biopsy which confirmed the diagnosis and then everything moved so quickly to resolve the problem. It has all happened in a few weeks and I have had surgery removing what turned out to be a grade 2 tumor, and breast reconstruction on both sides. This was Mr Garg's suggestion because I was 'well endowed' and if only one side was done I would look unbalanced. My confidence in Mr Garg has helped me through this experience and I would encourage anyone to have that same confidence. He treats you as an individual not just a number and his manner is always comforting. I cannot sing his praises enough. He has a great team working with him and I hope he stays at Ipswich Hospital for a long time to help other women in my situation. I feel everything has worked well in my case and at no stage did I think it could have been better. Finally I would like to say thank you, I feel I have had a very lucky escape.

13th July 2016
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

From the very beginning after my recall after the first Mammogram, I feel I received excellent care from the whole breast care team. From the: numerous nurses, radiologists and breast surgeons, including Helen Sheeran, Dr Froud, Miss Mortimer and Mr Garg. Even at the clinics, where the waits could be quite lengthy; the staff were friendly and supportive. However one thing I would like to suggest is that after the surgery and at the follow up results appointment, you actually see the surgeon who performed the operation; so you can actually address any queries or questions about your results, to the person who did the operation.

19th June 2016
Written by a patient at Ipswich Hospital

MR Garg is very realistic and straightforward in his approach from assessment, to diagnosis and until the combined results meeting. Initially during the assessment, he said there was a lump that needed investigation and informed me realistically after the ultrasound, mammogram that it may be fibroadenoma though needed biopsy . When the biopsy results came, he said straightaway it was mucinous cancer with a good prognosis though we need to await for tissue analysis to confirm treatment. He said I will most likely have radiotherapy which is actually what Iam going to have. The emotions and empathy shown to me was for me appropriate in every stage of the meeting. Sadness when needed and joyous especially when its good news. AT times false reassurance through words and compassion for me will not be helpful at times because it does not make you realistic enough to face the truth. My husband felt that Mr Garg takes time to talk to his patients and does not appear to be in a hurry . information wise , he explains just enough for what patinet can grasp and understand but is open to answer questions. The surgery was successful and wound is healing nicely though i developed seroma afterwards which Mr Garg says happens at timesand reassured to let it heal naturally unless it goes bigger..He devised my incision bearing in mind my body image.

Short link to review Mr Neeraj Garg: http://iwgc.net/ef4jr