King's College Hospital

Denmark Hill, London, England, SE5 9RS

6th July 2018

i took time off work to attend an appointment, I also had to reschedule another medical appointment to attend this one. In addition, I was extremely unwell, but still made the effort to attend. On arrival, I found that the clinic I had been told to attend did not even exist! The directions for the “clinic” were entirely bogus. I found my way to the actual clinic after a great deal of hassle, all the while feeling ill – only to be told be two sullen, argumentative staff members that my appointment had been cancelled. Too bad no one had the courtesy to tell me. No answers, no apologies, just a bad attitude from both. Another letter was printed and handed to me for another appointment on a different date. On examining the letter, I found it was for the same imaginary clinic that does not exist! Needless to say I shan’t bother attending, meanwhile my care is being undermined. The overt hostility from NHS staff to taxpaying patients never ceases to terrify me – and these are the people I am supposed to trust with a life threatening medical condition. One of the argumentative and unprofessional staff members failed to tell me that someone was on their way to provide a full explanation (I found this out later when I called up the hospital). What kind of person behaves like this? There is no point making a formal complaint because their policy is not to respond to complaints, I’ve been waiting 7 months for a response to a complaint. I’m already behind on my work due to illness, now I’m further behind and under pressure thanks to NHS incompetence. Someone really needs to tell these individuals that this is no way to treat people who are seriously ill. Staff would benefit GREATLY from customer service training and a few pointers in standard professional conduct.

30th April 2018

Appallingly poor information handling. DPA breaches are the order of the day here and the hospital ignored complaints. Several years ago, I instructed Kings to remove my phone number and not to contact me on that number again. The hospital swore blind they had removed it, but a couple of years later, i was informed they were still sending messages to that phone - which is now in some one else's possession. I was mortified. The hospital denied having done so. Fast forward to Jan 18 when i obtained definitive proof the hospital had NOT deleted my data and had in fact still been breaching the dpa by texting that number about my confidential medical appointments for all these years. I made a formal complaint on 4 JAN 18 - 5 MONTHS ON I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE and various chasers have been ignored. To add insult to injury, the hospital then breached the DPA yet again and needless to say, in 6 weeks I have received no response to a second complaint. I will now report both these breaches to the Information Commissioner as the hospital has no intention of providing a substantive response. This hospital is a disgrace, there is no accountability whatsoever and their absolute disdain for taxpaying patients could not be more obvious. Utterly disgraceful. The Care Opinion website has routinely blocked my reviews in this regard.

26th January 2018

GREAT CARE AND SUPPORT FROM THE HOSPITAL AND STAFF

3rd January 2018

Despite an mri scan evidencing a large brain tumour and advice for onward referral to oncology, the neurologist chose to lie and wrote telling me "good news, your scan is normal". Had I not demanded a copy of the radiologist report, I would never have known he was lying. Of course, there will never be any accountability and this individual will keep destroying lives. He asked me what I did for a living and before I could tell him i was a senior civil servant who probably earns as much as he does, he said "housewife?" He also dismissed my symptoms and suggested I see a shrink. You sir, are a disgrace to your profession.

23rd September 2017

What is there to say? I owe them my life.

Short link to review King's College Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ew