Mr Behrad Elmiyeh

Consultant Adult & Paediatric ENT and Nasal Plastic Surgeon Mr Elmiyeh graduated from London University in 1998. He had a broad training in various surgical specialties such as plastic surgery. He underwent higher surgical ENT training in a number of prestigious surgical centres in London including the Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital, Charing Cross Hospital and Royal Brompton Hospital. Mr Elmiyeh undertook a year of Fellowship in advance nasal and sinus surgery and clinical research at the Flinders Hospital, a centre of excellence and the first Medical school in Australia. Mr Elmiyeh offers expertise in all aspects of General Ear, Nose and Throat conditions. He has dedicated adult and paediatric clinics in his NHS practice. His private practice is the Clementine Churchill Hosital and BMI Syon clinic. He has specific interests in dealing with all aspects of nose problems including nasal allergy, breathing difficulty, sinus problems, cosmetic deformities of the nose and snoring. He also has a strong interest in teaching and training specialist trainee and also junior doctors. He is a faculty member and invited speaker of several ENT/ Head & Neck Surgical Courses.

• Otolaryngology
  • Paediatric surgery
  • Plastic surgery

21st November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Syon Clinic

After suffering for months with ear pain, I finally got a referral to find I had a bad ear infection after seeing Dr Elmiyeh, and he hoovered my ear and investigated my problems I felt much better, he was great at explaining the course of treatment and the next steps highly recommended

20th November 2017
Written by a carer at Central Middlesex Hospital

I supported my father to see Mr Elmiyeh recently as he has chronic ear infections that were not responding to various antibioitics prescribed by his GP. He has a number of other health issues surfacing at the same time which has been compounded by the ongoing ear infection causing sickness, dizziness and tinnitus which have exacerbated his anxiety. Mr Elmiyeh was very attentive to my father and was sensitive to his anxiety and he spoke to my father in a clear and simple way that my father understood his diagnosis and treatment plans. He also enabled my father to feel comfortable to be able to ask questions and as a result of my father's hearing deficit , Mr Elmiyeh was happy to repeat his responses and was very patient with my father. He offered reassurance throughout the appointment whilst being realistic about what was treatable. My father is responding well to the treatments under Mr Elmiyeh's care which is making a real difference to his everyday life. We are aware of the pressures clincians are under in these times and feel to need to express that Mr Elmiyeh's approach has been exceptional to my father and we are most grateful for his input, patience and kindness and overall approach. I would certainly recommend him to anyone that has an ear, nose and or throat health issue.

17th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

I have suffered for quite a long time with mucus at the back of the throat, which in turn brought on a series of coughing and soreness. This lasted throughout the day, and I was unable to socialise, and more important, communicate in more serious matters without coughing. I have a very good GP who unfortunately after trying various treatments didn't have the answers, On hearing the gravel sounds of my voice, recommended that I should play safe and see an ENT specialist. It was my very good fortune to make an appointment with Mr Elmiyeh. I was made to feel at ease immediately. He listened to my symptoms carefully, and seemed to recognise them fairly quickly. After an examination, of looking down into my throat, through the nasal cavity, noticed the redness, and advised me to try a simple procedure before we go any further. I tried the procedure and it was a success. For the first time in quite a while I felt liberated from this dreadful and inhibiting problem. He is so amazing. Diagnostics seems to be his forte. I would certainly recommend this extremely knowledgeable, and kind doctor every time. My heartfelt thanks go to him.

14th November 2017
Written by a patient at Central Middlesex Hospital

Amazing doctor, listens to what I have to say, has valuable advise to give & explains next step of treatment. Approachable & easy to talk to, considering I have no medical background, very patient. The nurse assisting was also kind, patient & helpful.

12th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital

I visited Mr Elmiyeh following consultations with my GP, Dentist and Emergency GP. I was sure that i had developed a Quinsy but had been told that they could not see anything. My Throat was very sore and eating and drinking had become impossible. On presentation to Mr Elmiyeh it was clear that i was very weak and looked very unwell, he was immediately calming and engaging as i explained what had been going on. After he investigated my throat he advised that I was correct and indeed had a quinsy and that he immediately wanted to drain the abscess, he explained that it was necessary as if it got any worse i would need to be hospitalised. He set about what he needed to do in a clam fashion and put me at ease despite an uncomfortable procedure. My partner who was with me was also distressed and he showed her every step of the way what he was doing and did all he could to keep us both comfortable. He prescribed painkillers and anti-biotics. I attended twice within two weeks post the procedure to check on progress. Im pleased to say that within 24 hours i was feeling better and within 7-10 days 100% better. I cannot recommend Mr Elmiyeh enough, he is kind, considerate and clearly an excellent healthcare professional. I was lucky to be under his care and would not hesitate to visit him again if i had any further ENT issues.

Nearest Otolaryngologists