New Victoria Hospital

184-188 Coombe Lane West, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, England, KT2 7EG

7th April 2019

If I had to sum up my experience of recent minor surgery here I would say the place was cold but mostly functional. Almost all the staff I encountered need some major training in customer service because in this environment where you are paying significant amounts for your treatment that is exactly what you are by you would never know that and you are treated like a lump of meat to be processed. I was expected when I arrived and shown to my room which was hot and stuffy. I was shown everything except how to cool the space down. I didn't really need instruction in how to use the TV remote control but that was given and although I said the room was too hot that was glossed over. The nurse who came next asked questions some of which were not relevant to my stay at all and given that no information whatever is provided about GDPR, in fact it's not even mentioned in the information you are provided with (though older data protection legislation is) I didn't feel I wanted to answer a list of questions which had no relevance to my treatment. Her manner and that of almost all other New Victoria staff (as opposed to the consultant and anaethstist) was cold. My consultant already had my medical history, is this information not shared between the consultant and the nurses or do they just want to ask the same questions again for the sake of it. Some of the checks are petty, for instance you are asked your weight, it is written down and then you are told to stand on a scale - if you are going to be weighed, why bother to ask? Although I had arrived at the time I was asked to for a minor procedure I was then kept waiting with no explanation for over four hours with nothing to eat or drink so by the time it all started I had a raging headache having had nothing to drink at that point for over ten hours. I recovered quickly after the procedure though the staff with the exception of a very pleasant nurse's assistant showed no interest whatever apart from their functional checks. Again no warmth whatever, I was duly processed and I was delighted to go home because staying even a single night would have been one too many.

5th April 2019

Very clean, well-run hospital. All staff very caring, efficient and professional. Room facilities and meals excellent too.

5th April 2019

I would not recommend this hospital to family, friends or colleagues. You are safer with the NHS who will stick with you and resolve any issues that arise from your surgery. You are little more than a procedure code if you go this hospital. There are much better places to go.

15th March 2019

I have been seeing a consultant at the New Victoria as an outpatient, this review does not relate to him but only to my experience of the outpatients department which is poor. On my most recent visit the department was so busy that there was no where to sit while waiting. For the number of consulting rooms they have the waiting area is barely adequate at the best of times and always looks like it could do with a good clean. When I eventually got to the front of the chaotic queue to tell a receptionist I had arrived I can only say that if I had spoken to her they way she spoke to me I would probably have been told my manner was abusive, she was most unpleasant and abrasive. Equally car parking is chaotic, the space provided is far too small for the number of people attending and there is no off site option in the area. I will need two more appointments with my consultant but on the next occasion I need any treatment I will go elsewhere because this place is not fit for purpose.

16th November 2018

Amazing Staff,Extremly professional,clean place with very delicious food options.

{{category}} working at New Victoria Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review New Victoria Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4me