mr-alexander-woollard

Mr Alexander Woollard

Written by a patient at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
28th May 2020

The best you can dream of in time of need - Mr. Woollard and his great team. Professionalism, care, support, providing the right amount of information, understanding, great knowledge and experience. For an anxious patient, Mr. Woollard is the answer. Oh, yes, fabulous smile! Great team as well, especially Gillian, which is as it should be. Thank you so much!

#sayThankYou

Mr. Woollard operated on me post removal of sarcoma. I cannot describe how wonderful Mr. Woollard is as a consummate professional and a wonderful person. I am a very very very anxious patient, but Mr. Woollard has put me at ease with his smile, good factual information and applying his great experience. I cannot recommend Mr. Woollard highly enough. Also, would like to say that Mr. Woollards team, such as his lovely secretary Gillian and Rachel on the Tissue Recovery team at Stanmore hospital are top professionals and people. You will be in wonderful hands. I was and still am. Mr. Woollard, I wrote this poem just for you: Doctors are guardian angles, Incarnations of all the goodness on earth to cure people. Your tireless energy and positive countenance, Like a beacon to a sinking ship bring joy in abundance. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart, You are the best! A class apart! Words are too small to acknowledge your humanity and professional magnitude, To have you as my doctor I feel blessed with eternal gratitude. With wishes for your continued success and all the best, Jackline Staats

28th May 2020
Written by a patient at The Lister Hospital
14th February 2020

I was instantly put at ease after discussing my requirements with Mr Woollard. He is highly qualified in his field and he confidently explained the procedure to me. I felt in safe hands and would highly recommend him.

Written by a patient at The Wellington Hospital
12th February 2020

I am so fortunate that I was referred to such an amazing surgeon as Mr Woollard. He has helped me no end and really listens to everything I tell him. From there he is able to decipher exactly what is going on as I am an amputee that has a few nerve ending complications. He has also performed TMR etc on some neuromas. I come away from my appointments with Alex feeling confident and to me this is most important. He is always contactable through his office. Thanks Alex.

Written by a patient at The Lister Hospital
10th January 2020

Dr Alex Woollard is an excellent doctor who is warm, kind and caring. He explained clearly and patiently the operation. The operation went well and I would highly recommend Alex to anyone who needs a doctor that they can trust.

Alex Woollard is a NHS consultant plastic surgeon at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead, London and at The Royal National Orhtopaedic Hospital, Stanmore. Privately he is part of The Consulting Suite at 212 Great Portland Street and sees patients at The Lister Hospital, Chelsea Bridge, The Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth and Spire Bushey. Mr Woollard's interests include all aspects of aesthetic surgery and he has a sub-specialist focus in facial reanimation, lower limb and sarcoma reconstruction, breast reconstruction, osseointegration and Targeted Muscle Reinnervation (TMR). He is a founder of ReLimb, a specialist provider of amputee reconstruction. After leaving St Paul’s School he studied medicine at Southampton University graduating in 2002. He has also received a BSc in History of Medicine from the Wellcome Institute and University College London. He returned to London for his basic surgical training gaining membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2005. He became a Fellow in 2015 and entered the Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery the following year. He then undertook a microsurgical fellowship at the Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead. Mr Woollard has extensive experience in clinical research. He conducted his PhD research ito nerve regeneration under Professor JW Lichtman in the Centre for Brain Science at Harvard University. His PhD from UCL was awarded in 2017. He has been recognised with a Research Fellowship by the Royal College of Surgeons in 2011 and from the MRC in 2003. He has received multiple awards including the Patton-Masser award from BAPRAS and the Stephan and Anna Galeski fellowship from the RCS, as well as grants from the Anton Jurgens and Roan Trusts. He continues to have an active role in research focused on nerve and muscle regeneration (TMR) and presents his work at both a national and international level. Mr Woollard is a member of the British Association of Plastic and Reconstructive (BAPRAS) and British Aesthetic Association of Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS). He is on the Board and treasurer of the Cosmetic Practice Standards Authority (CPSA) and a trustee of the Joint Council for Cosmetic Practice (JCCP). He is a specialist advisor for both the MHRA and NICE.

Nearest Plastic surgeons