mr-alexander-woollard

Mr Alexander Woollard

Written by a private patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
22nd May 2021

I would thoroughly recommend Alex I could not have been in better hands. Caring and polite thorough and my results were the best Thank you

Written by a private patient at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
10th May 2021

I was anxious when I was told by the Orthopedic Doctors I needed Plastic Surgery in addition to my Orthopedic Surgery. Nr Alex Woollard came to see me at The Clementine Churchill Hospital In my room. Right from that first visit he reassured me with his smile that all would be well. He explained what needed to be done. He the made arrangements for me to be transferred to the RNOH for the first of the Plastic Surgery Procedure. The first Procedure went if well and I was discharged home. A few days later I was admitted to the Wellington Hospital for the second Orthopedic Procedure and the second Plastic Surgery Procedure. Both the second Procedures went of well. In the Healing Period Post Discharge from Hospital he saw me at The RNOH with his Team of the Tissue Viability Nurses. Again both the Tissue Viability Nurses And Mr Woollard kept assuring me. Having had a horrendous journey of Knee Infection in the course of the Covid 19 Pandemic and undergoing multiple surgeries over the course is 2020 was a very difficult period. However with an Excellent team of Doctors, Nurses and their secretaries it was all made easy for me with all the arrangements. My Family and I thank all if them for holding our hands through this journey. Th

Written by a private patient at Spire Bushey Hospital
6th May 2021

Mr Woollard was kind and made me feel at ease when I had minor surgery to remove a melanoma and then a basal cell carcinoma. 6 months after removing the lesion on my face, it is invisible! I have already recommended Mr Woollard to friends.

Written by a private patient at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
5th May 2021

Alex Woollard is exemplary, and a true professional who goes above and beyond to ensure a solid rapport is built with his patient, and that absolute integrity and transparency are maintained at all times. This of course ensures that expectations are managed very well indeed as communication is prompt, and lengthy discussions are held to ensure absolute understanding and agreement of any procedure and all particulars involved. Pain management schedules are discussed and tailored so are bespoke to the patient’s needs. This of course means the diagnostics are carried out with extreme diligence to ensure the patient does not experience anything adverse and is most comfortable at all times. Further, Alex and his dedicated team, namely Gillian, are incredibly prompt and pick up out of hour emails and ensure Alex is engaged straight away. I can testify to this personally if course as Alex has called me out of hours to have lengthy discussions with to clarify anything queried, and provide any assurances required. To summarise, the entire end to end dealings and procedures are overseen at granular level to ensure a seamless experience and maximise the likelihood of the best surgical outcome and result. I have been treated with absolute dignity and respect throughout, and I am incredibly grateful to feel I am under the care of a Consultant who genuinely cares, and displays diligence and maintains highest level of ethical conduct, and of course absolute professionalism at all times. Alex as mentioned is simply exemplary on all levels and a gentleman! Thank you Alex, thank you Gillian, and thank you to the entire extended Team.

Alex Woollard is a NHS consultant plastic surgeon at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead, London and at The Royal National Orhtopaedic Hospital, Stanmore. Privately he is part of The Consulting Suite at 212 Great Portland Street and sees patients at The Lister Hospital Chelsea Bridge, The Hospital of St John and St Elizabeth and Spire Bushey. Mr Woollard's interests include all aspects of aesthetic surgery and he has a sub-specialist focus in facial reanimation, lower limb and sarcoma reconstruction, breast reconstruction, osseointegration and Targeted Muscle Reinnervation (TMR). He is a founder of ReLimb, a specialist provider of amputee reconstruction. After leaving St Paul’s School he studied medicine at Southampton University graduating in 2002. He has also received a BSc in History of Medicine from the Wellcome Institute and University College London. He returned to London for his basic surgical training gaining membership of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2005. He became a Fellow in 2015 and entered the Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery the following year. He then undertook a microsurgical fellowship at the Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead. Mr Woollard has extensive experience in clinical research. He conducted his PhD research ito nerve regeneration under Professor JW Lichtman in the Centre for Brain Science at Harvard University. His PhD from UCL was awarded in 2017. He has been recognised with a Research Fellowship by the Royal College of Surgeons in 2011 and from the MRC in 2003. He has received multiple awards including the Patton-Masser award from BAPRAS and the Stephan and Anna Galeski fellowship from the RCS, as well as grants from the Anton Jurgens and Roan Trusts. He continues to have an active role in research focused on nerve and muscle regeneration (TMR) and presents his work at both a national and international level. Mr Woollard is a member of the British Association of Plastic and Reconstructive (BAPRAS) and British Aesthetic Association of Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS). He is on the Board and treasurer of the Cosmetic Practice Standards Authority (CPSA) and a trustee of the Joint Council for Cosmetic Practice (JCCP). He is a specialist advisor for both the MHRA and NICE.

Nearest Plastic surgeons