7th March 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I had wanted a BA for many years, following weight loss and a pregnancy and breast feeding, I decided whilst on a family holiday to go ahead and finally make an appointment. When we returned from holiday in October and I very quickly went online and began to do my research. I knew I wanted to have my procedure carried out at Spire Harpenden as I live locally and didn't want to travel into London. Two friends and work colleagues had their BAs performed at Spire and they were very happy with the care and outcome. I had the name of the surgeon who performed their BA, after doing a lot of research I decided not to opt for him. I came across the details for Nilesh Sojitra. I was very impressed that he was the only surgeon at Spire Harpenden to use the imaging software crisalix, where he could email you photos of how you could look post op, in a range of sizes. In my opinion he also was the only surgeon listed who had an up to date, informative website. That evening I decided to email his PA Carolyn, she got back to me very quickly and gave me a call. I had very specific dates in mind for the procedure. I needed it carried out right before Christmas as I'd booked just over two weeks of annual leave off. Nothing was too much for Carolyn. She even provisionally booked my op in at the time of booking my consultation. She was very helpful. I attended my consultation with Nilesh. I knew straight away I'd chosen the right surgeon. He was very friendly, put me at ease and explained everything to me. I've heard from friends that a few surgeons don't do much talking during their consultations and get you to watch a video for all the info! I was relieved to be informed by Nilesh that the surgery would be carried out as a day case, I didn't want to stay in hospital over night. I didn't even have to go back for pre op checks, which for me was very convenient as I work full time and have a two year old daughter. His nurse Teresa went through everything pre operatively on the phone. I can honestly say she was super throughout. She really knows her stuff. I was feeling very nervous on the day of the procedure. Once again, Nilesh put me at ease with his calm professional bedside manner. The surgery itself went well and I was home by 2.30pm. All the hospital staff were great. Especially the Anaesthetist Alan, his assistant Dean, the lovely recovery room nurses and Sam who cared for me post op. Teresa contacted me numerous times to make sure I was doing ok until she seen me between Christmas and new year for suture trimming. If I could give one piece of advice, it would be to go for the larger size, as I've very quickly got used to the size once the swelling went down. I chose 350cc high profiles and I'm very happy. I'd recommend Nilesh to anyone without hesitation. In fact my sister in law is considering booking in with him for a consultation for a BA in the near future. Fab surgeon! CG

18th February 2017
Written by a patient at The Royal Free Hospital

My Testimonial Following a breast cancer diagnosis, I decided I wanted a double mastectomy with immediate reconstruction to give myself the best chance of breast cancer never returning. I was put in touch with Nilesh through my breast surgeon who I had seen at The Spire Hospital Harpenden. I had two consultations with Mr Sojitra,at the Spire Hospital Harpenden, the first consultation where a procedure called DIEP reconstruction was suggested (using my own body tissue from my generous tummy flap having had 4 children), this is the most complex of reconstructive micro surgery but gives the best long term results. I met the wonderful Teresa his plastics nurse who looks after patients with him on follow up appointments. Prior to my first meeting with him Teresa telephoned me to discuss my knowledge of the procedure and also gave me her mobile phone number should I have any further questions or queries. Mr Sojitra comes across as a very laid back no fuss to the point, quiet person. He agreed I would be a suitable candidate for DIEP reconstruction and explained the procedure which was going to be done within the same operation as the double mastectomy, the whole operation taking between 10 to 15 hours, not many people have a double reconstruction and due to the complexity of the micro surgery and the immediate aftercare I would need, it would have to be performed at the Royal Free in London. However he was very reassuring and daunting and scary as the whole thing was I was not at any time worried or concerned that I had chosen the wrong surgeon, his calm reassuring approach together with his honest realistic recovery explanations made me feel at ease. His very efficient secretary Carolyn Butterfield rang me to arrange further appointments and also kept me updated on the date for my forthcoming surgery. I had a final appointment with Nilesh prior to my operation and again he answered any questions that I had. On the day of the surgery Nilesh came up to see me in my hospital room with his team, and they were ready for me. No waiting or hanging about. I was in theatre for 13 –14 hours. I was in hospital as Nilesh had predicted for 9 days, the first few days on an NHS ward where the care and nursing I received at the Royal Free was above and beyond, then transferred up to the private patients floor, again with amazing care. I am now 6 weeks post op and have seen Nilesh and Teresa at fortnightly intervals. The results I have on my reconstructed breasts are amazing, I also have due to the operation a flat stomach, as once they have reconstructed you from your stomach you get a tummy tuck as well. I have been very lucky my cancer had not spread, as I chose such radical surgery for me there is no further treatment. But for anyone considering any reconstructive surgery I have one statement to make and that is, “ The mans a GENIUS”, he is very unassuming very professional, and he has reconstructed my breasts in a way that even the nurses were asking, “Are they real”?, I won’t see him and his amazing team now until I have my 6 month follow up, I have been very lucky to be able to walk away from my breast cancer, and very very fortunate to have been put in touch with this amazing man by my breast surgeon. Words can not express the gratitude I feel for what Mr Nilesh Sojitra has done for me. As I thanked him for giving me back the rest of my life, I meant every word.

10th February 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

"I found Dr Sojitra at Spire Hospital through recommendation. After losing over 3 stone I had gone from a 38C to a 32A/B and wasn't happy with my body despite the weight loss. I looked into breast augmentation and decided it was the right choice for me. Surgery won't fix self esteem issues but it helped me feel comfortable in my own skin again. I told Dr Sojitra my dream breast size is a 32DD and he recommended me a certain sized implant for each breast to even out the size of my breasts as naturally one was smaller than the other. He also recommended that I go over the muscle as I had excess skin to help the implants look natural. He was completely right, because my new natural looking breasts have been measured at a 32DD, my scar isn't noticeable unless under close inspection & it doesn't even feel like I've had surgery! The staff especially Teresa and Carolyn at Spire Harpenden made me feel at home throughout my consultations, surgery and also with the aftercare. The team helped me feel positive despite the nerves of an operation. I will recommend Dr Sojitra to anyone I know interested in breast surgery. You have changed my life - Thank you!"

10th February 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

I was recommended by a friend of mine to go and see Dr Nilesh Sojitra for breast surgery after having a bad experience two years ago in another private hospital. I could not even look in the mirror, I was so unhappy. Dr Nilesh reassured me, I was so nervous to go through it again but I am glad I did, it all worked out and I am so happy, they are perfect and I can now look in the mirror. I would recommend Dr Nilesh and all the nurses were lovely and looked after me.

3rd February 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Harpenden Hospital

Mr Sojitra has given me my confidence back. The whole process from start to finish was effortless! For as long as I can remember I had a lump on my right hand ring finger. It’s something that has bothered me for years as people would always ask me about it and I didn’t know how to explain what it was. I was introduced to Mr Sojitra at the Spire Harpenden Hospital when I went along for an open evening to get an idea of what could be done to remove the lump. During my consultation he told me what I could expect as a result of surgery. I felt completely confident that Mr Sojitra would be able to achieve a result I would be happy with. My appointment was made a couple of days later, the process was so quick and easy. When I arrived for surgery his team made me feel comfortable. Mr Sojitra confirmed everything that was going to happen and reminded me of what I would expect to see as a result of the surgery. The surgery was so quick it felt like it was over before it had even started. He said that he was happy with the result and that I would need two follow up appointments to check everything was healing nicely. I have since had my two follow up appointments and I cannot stop smiling and showing off my hand to everyone. Mr Sojitra has given me back so much confidence from something so small. I feel two words such as “thank you” seem so minimal compared to how much gratitude I have. I am truly grateful for what he has been able to achieve.

Nearest Plastic surgeons