New Victoria Hospital

184-188 Coombe Lane West, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, England, KT2 7EG

9th June 2017

Fresh and clean hospital. Good facilities Friendly staff and helpful and attentive Great location

18th May 2017

I called the outpatients department at the New Victoria to make an appointment to see a consultant I normally see regularly elsewhere but for several weeks the day he works at the New Victoria suited me better than the day he works where I regularly see him. I had already verified his clinic times at the New Victoria with his secretary and I knew they would suit me. The phone was answered eventually after listening interminably to the fact that there was information on their website - of no use at all to make an appointment, that my call was important - it didn't feel like it as I was kept waiting for so long and that their staff were taking other calls - of no interest whatever to me, I just wanted my call answered. My call was answered eventually. I told the receptionist who I wanted to see and in what timeframe on the date I needed. I said I had seen the consultant elsewhere six weeks earlier but was told that as I'd never been to the New Victoria before I would have to have a new patient appointment. I said that wasn't what I wanted, this was a routine follow up. I was put on hold while the receptionist spoke to her manager and again I was told I would have to have a new patient appointment. I let it go the second time. I was told I couldn't book anything in the timeframe I had specified and only earlier in the day. I said I couldn't come earlier but the consultant's secretary had told me the hours the consultant worked there and I needed an appointment in the last couple of hours of the day. I was told appointments were available and could be booked but I may be told I had to come earlier on the day. I again repeated that I couldn't come earlier and again I was told that I could book a later appointment but on the day I might be 'REQUIRED' to come earlier. I again said I couldn't come earlier, I didn't need a new patient appointment and I would go elsewhere to see the consultant as the New Victoria staff were unhelpful and not able to accomodate my needs and to me they seemed to be very difficult for no good reason at all. I called an alternative hospital in Wimbledon where the consultant also works and from the phone starting to ring to finishing the call with a satisfactory booking took less than thirty seconds. The New Victoria need to wake up. They are in the business of customer service and failing very badly.

3rd February 2017

The Reception area of the OutPatients area, floors and walls of the corridors were not particularly clean but my room and bathroom were spotless.

1st January 2017

I had surgery for the first time at New Victoria Hospital in October. From entering the building at 0645 on the Wednesday and leaving on the Thursday at 11am the staff and in particular the two nurses who looked after me were outstanding nothing was too much trouble. I was petrified of having surgery but everything went so well. Thank you very much for all your help and support it has been outstanding.

22nd December 2016

I have had several procedures/surgery at the New Victoria. I feel safe and valued there. The hospital is clean, professional, mindful and all the staff know what they are doing from the first greeting at the reception to discharge. I really am unable to fault anything other than I found it hard to open and close my bedroom window.